Old 17 Nov 18, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Really enjoyed reading along with your trip. We need to look at flights to visit Berlin next year perhaps. It’s great you got to do some of your favourites again today. I enjoy the food in Germany and I am still missing all the lovely pretzels that you seem to be able to conveniently buy most places.

This was one of our favourite meals
Will Santa bring a new mask perhaps? Do you have any plans for a trip over the festive period?
Those pretzels look yummy.

Don't tempt me with holidays! Kate has told me that she doesn't want to go away this Christmas. She wants to be able to spend time with family and enjoy some home time I think after getting her presents. We'd never been away before at Christmastime. Last year when we went to Boston on Boxing day it was totally unplanned as it was booked just 4 days before we flew. So I suppose while it's not an impossibility it's not likely that we will have another trip this year.

I do currently have 2 trips planned for 2019 though! Orlando in the summer, but also on Thursday we booked flights for October half term to go to Washington DC! I haven't even told the kids that yet, or my mum (as they're away on a cruise at the moment)! Actually you're the third person I've told! So, you have to promise to keep it a secret Anyway, that's my way of saying I don't think there is any more money left in the pot for a Christmas break...although I have been looking at DLP for me and Kate when Max goes skiing with the school in February half term. Good Lord I'm a crazy person!

You'll be wishing you hadn't asked now. It's absolutely one of my faults and I find I can't just give a quick answer, there is always a story that needs to be told. even when a simple yes or no would suffice.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 18, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
You'll be wishing you hadn't asked now. It's absolutely one of my faults and I find I can't just give a quick answer, there is always a story that needs to be told. even when a simple yes or no would suffice.
I would be worried if the answer didn’t have a bit of a story! Washington sounds a fabulous plan...your secret is safe with me!
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 18, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
I would be worried if the answer didn’t have a bit of a story! Washington sounds a fabulous plan...your secret is safe with me!
Phew! I'm sure I'll dream up lots of new holiday ideas alongside our Florida plans. I'm lucky to be able to share them with all of you.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 18, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Haha Abby, you sound just like me, I always have to have a holiday or two in planning stage. I have 2 definite plans for 2019 and another sketchy plan. I even have two sketchy plans for 2020! 😀
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 18, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Haha Abby, you sound just like me, I always have to have a holiday or two in planning stage. I have 2 definite plans for 2019 and another sketchy plan. I even have two sketchy plans for 2020! 😀
Oh I'm glad you've reassured me it's lovely to think I'm not the only one. Plus, do you know what? I sat down yesterday and wrote some notes/ideas for 2020 too!

Old 20 Nov 18, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I bet you appreciated that extra hour of sleep.

I do hope Dave's replacement eye mask will be in his stocking at Christmas!

It makes me want to cry that at 14 Max still chose the play park as his favourite thing, don't tell him that though, I wouldn't want to embarrass him, but it is so sweet that there's still a child inside of that tall teenager.

Thank you for sharing your German adventure with us, it has really reminded me how much we love exploring places.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 18, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I bet you appreciated that extra hour of sleep.

I do hope Dave's replacement eye mask will be in his stocking at Christmas!

It makes me want to cry that at 14 Max still chose the play park as his favourite thing, don't tell him that though, I wouldn't want to embarrass him, but it is so sweet that there's still a child inside of that tall teenager.

Thank you for sharing your German adventure with us, it has really reminded me how much we love exploring places.
We did have a lovely relaxed morning and the extra hour was much appreciated.

I agree it's nice that even though Max can be surly and at home his favourite thing to do is play Fortnite on the PlayStation, he still loves to play in a park and there is still a little boy in there.

I hope you enjoyed reading a little about Berlin and our experiences of it. It was a fun trip. I like to think that if I take the kids to somewhere cultural and interesting in October half term then we are fully vindicated in returning to Florida for some fun each summer! Well, that's my current story anyway!

Old 5 Dec 18, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Lovely last day. Glad you enjoyed it, and thanks for writing.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 18, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Lovely last day. Glad you enjoyed it, and thanks for writing.
I hope we've inspired you to head over to Berlin or Germany. We've done a few city breaks now and I really did enjoy this one as a laid back walking holiday it was perfect. A great balance for us of getting to know the city as it is and also finding out about it's past. We had some great food along the way and really did enjoy ourselves.

Old 23 Dec 18, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
Imagineer

Hi Abby, we find ourselves unexpectedly spending a day and a half in Berlin in January so I had a quick look for trip reports and yours was the first I found!
Obviously we won't have much time so I wondered what you would consider the absolute must sees and, importantly, where we must eat. We'll be staying near Potsdammer Platz.
Great report, thank you for sharing.