Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 7 Jul 11, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post

Hi

We go on October 9th for a week for our silver wedding (1st time to Vegas ) and haven't booked our hotel yet but am thinking about The Mirage as all the rooms have been re-furbed and the prices we are being quoted are really good.
Any views on my decision
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 11, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post

I stayed at the Luxor last year with 5 girl friends, we had a fab time, we were in the pyramid rooms, on the 3rd floor over looking the pool. The poolside pyramid rooms are in a good location as it's not too far from the reception area, or the pool, or the food courts.

We got our room for $33 per night from the official website, what a bargain! And the beds were amongst the most comfy i've ever slept in. I would deffo go back there if the price was right. Next time though i'd like to try either the Cosmopolitan or the Mirage.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 11, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by pinkcandy View Post
Hi, we too got a great deal and after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor i nearly cancelled it! Im so glad i didnt, it was a fab hotel, the 'More' buffet there is also fab, we had an all day pass which was great

The room was a pyramid room which had the most amazing view (pool view with the mountains in the background) we never shut the curtains once it was beautiful to watch the sunset and all the twinkly lights come on. The lifts are so strange though! Oh and the pool area is amazing... Have a fab time. x
Thankyou... i've read the reviews on Trip Advisor too.. but as with every hotel on there , there are good and bad review and some of the bad ones are a little petty (imo). I think the trouble is people want a luxury hotel for a bargain price. As long as its clean , comfortable and safe thats all i'm bothered about.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 11, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
justine
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by ju_itfc View Post
Luxor is a great hotel. Obviously times have moved on from calling it "the" place to stay in Vegas but the inclinators are still ultra cool and at some of the prices I have seen quoted recently, it looks a decent option again.

I would add that I go against the usual grain in preferring the Pyramid room over the Tower room.
We are staying at the Luxor next year and will probably have the Pyramid room. I have read that you get a shower and bath in the Tower Suite rooms but just a shower in the Pyramid room...is this a shower cubicle or an overbath shower?

Thanks
Old 19 Jul 11, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Bonjovi
slightly serious Dibber

We always stay at the Tuscany Suites as I prefer a hotel just 200 metres off the Strip. However, got married in the Gardens at Ceasars Palace and had our wedding dinner at the Four Seasons. If money were no object, it would be Four Seasons for me as it was completely surene.
Bonjovi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 11, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread