Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 Mar 17, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Welcome home, sounds like it was your usual fab time overall (can't wait for the trip report). Shame on Hilton Garden Inn - dreadful customer service and well done to Best Western. DH has heard from a couple of people at work about how bad Hollywood Boulevard is, so we are going prepared, we're not really planning to spend too much time there, but as it's our first time we feel we have to go and see it.

Can I ask, when you are signed up to Avis Preferred do you have to go to the desk or can you go straight to the garage? We've used Avis twice and always gone to the desk to be given the keys etc but having used Alamo previously and done online check in and gone straight to the garage (at MCO) it is much better.

Edited at 09:49 AM.
Jake71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 17, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Wishing
slightly serious Dibber

Sounds like another great trip. Thank goodness you checked your emails again for the flight home! Thats also bad of the Hilton. Surely it wouldn't have really made any difference to them that you paid when you got there :angry:
Disney Wishing is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 17, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
georgemac
Imagineer

georgemac's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Sorry to hear about the lows - especially flight.

Have I converted you to Manhattan Beach?
Agree about Venice Beach - but the other end Marina Del Rey is lovely.
An also really like Ontario Mills - great stop point when driving from LA to Vegas.

Homeless problem is really bad on US West Coast - rich states and supposed to be very liberal - think maybe due to nice weather a lot head to there?
1997 Airtours, 1999 BA Best Western LBV, 2001 Westridge Villa, 2005 Westridge Villa (Trip Report)
georgemac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 17, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Originally Posted by Pamster View Post
I heard that Hollywood isn't what you would expect but feel like I still need to go for a look around while we're over in June. The toilet situation sounds horrible though 😳 We was also thinking of going to Venice Beach and Santa Monica. Did you visit Santa Monica?
We did go to Santa Monica before we went to Venice beach , it's much nicer I wouldn't stay there but it's nice to visit

Hollywood well one of those places that you need to see for yourself but I would never stay there .

Originally Posted by Jake71 View Post
Welcome home, sounds like it was your usual fab time overall (can't wait for the trip report). Shame on Hilton Garden Inn - dreadful customer service and well done to Best Western. DH has heard from a couple of people at work about how bad Hollywood Boulevard is, so we are going prepared, we're not really planning to spend too much time there, but as it's our first time we feel we have to go and see it.

Can I ask, when you are signed up to Avis Preferred do you have to go to the desk or can you go straight to the garage? We've used Avis twice and always gone to the desk to be given the keys etc but having used Alamo previously and done online check in and gone straight to the garage (at MCO) it is much better.
Avis have a separate office for Avis preferred it's the first stop on the shuttle bus , you go in there and they sort you out .

Originally Posted by Disney Wishing View Post
Sounds like another great trip. Thank goodness you checked your emails again for the flight home! Thats also bad of the Hilton. Surely it wouldn't have really made any difference to them that you paid when you got there :angry:
I've still not got a clear answer from Hilton as to why you can pay cash on check out and not check in .

My opinion and that of others is .. I should have paid $680 for 3 nights , hotels that weekend or in the days up to it were going for $500 a night around there as there are not many in the area . I think the manager knew she would easily sell our room on for far more than we were paying .. because everything i suggested she didn't want to know . I don't believe for one minute every hotel guest in the world staying at a Hilton pays with a credit card .

Originally Posted by georgemac View Post
Sorry to hear about the lows - especially flight.

Have I converted you to Manhattan Beach?
Agree about Venice Beach - but the other end Marina Del Rey is lovely.
An also really like Ontario Mills - great stop point when driving from LA to Vegas.

Homeless problem is really bad on US West Coast - rich states and supposed to be very liberal - think maybe due to nice weather a lot head to there?
Manhattan was nice what we saw of it

Homeless seemed far worse this year we are used to it in Vegas it's always been there but they used to be very quiet now they aren't and many have signs saying things like f*** you !
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 17, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
TracyW
Imagineer

Another great trip overall, thanks for sharing

Amerihost Resort 2002, ASMovies May/June 2004, AKL 7/8 June 2004, ASMovies April 2006, DLRP Explorers Hotel Nov 2006, CB Aug 2008, Sequoia Lodge DLRP Aug 2009, POR Oct 2011, West Coast 2013, POR 2015, AMI 2015, DLC 2017
TracyW is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 17, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Originally Posted by happytraveller View Post
Welcome home DB

How awful regarding your flight home and as for the hotel :angry: We have the 21.30 from Vegas for the same reason and I'll be keeping an eye on it now.
I can't understand why they didnt ring me , they had all our numbers .. I was livid one minute having a lovely afternoon then next it goes to pot had I known earlier we could have done something different .

Originally Posted by tinytots View Post
Glad it was good overall. Sounds like Hollywood Blvd was awful! Glad we decided to only do a stopover in LA.
But the flight! I would have been in a flat spin.
Welcome home

I was in a spin

Hollywood is vile it's tacky and dirty and the people ! Apparently it's far worse at night . My eldest is 18 and it's not somewhere I'd want her walking alone.

And you can't walk 10ft without a cd seller or tour guide pestering you , one told me I was rude because I told him to go away but I was so fed up of them by that point .

And thanks everyone adjusting to being home
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 17, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Sounds fabulous, can't wait to read your trippie. I feel stressed just reading about the changes to your flight! Reading your highs and lows have certainly got me very excited about tomorrow! I
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 17, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Originally Posted by beautifulbelle View Post
Sounds fabulous, can't wait to read your trippie. I feel stressed just reading about the changes to your flight! Reading your highs and lows have certainly got me very excited about tomorrow! I
Have a lovely holiday

We'd just been in a lovely shop in Manhattan Beach and I said we would go eat and come back later for ice creams , next thing I'm checking my emails and shouting at my husband we have to go now !

Have to say the American Airlines check in didn't help , she was so rude she could see we were stressed , hadn't even hadn't time to get changed into travelling home clothes and was barking about one bag being 1/2lb over ..
But that I find is typical of AA staff at LAX, love flying with them but the twice we've flown out of LAX on AA the staff have been very rude .
Old 29 Mar 17, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
snowdrop100
Excited about Disney

sounds like an overall amazing time

glad we have made the decision to avoid hollywood this trip and your comments have cemented that (we have two smallish kids)

sounds like the hotel you had the trouble with were looking for a reason to NOT give you a room. possibly trying to get a higher rate on your room?! such a shame though as its to the detriment of the hotel when you write about it on here and people will avoid.
snowdrop100 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 17, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Welcome back... not a lot has been missed by you back here
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List