Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 15 Apr 17, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Queen_Elsa View Post
Mind readers pfftt... I saw him pull the camouflage off his t-shirt as he went on stage with Simon. Yes, teeny cameras are at work I'm sure
That young girl was really good. But the cynic in me believes that she was sourced by itv after being brought to the attention of syco. (Cowell's company) they are well known for approaching drama schools and singing academies.
They do, do this but there's no law against it. Many vocal coaches are approached to put forward students for pre-auditions. My DD's does this regularly for XFactor and The Voice etc.

Agree though that singing should be kept to the XFactor etc - I think BGT should be more of an
all rounder variety.
Tink75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 17, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

THe young boy was rude !
Doga = stupid !
Choir good cause but bad singers !

Young singer = bad !

Loved the magician

Mind readers nothing special

We enjoyed it as a show, good clean family Saturday night fun!
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 17, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Queen_Elsa
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tink75 View Post
They do, do this but there's no law against it. Many vocal coaches are approached to put forward students for pre-auditions. My DD's does this regularly for XFactor and The Voice etc.

Agree though that singing should be kept to the XFactor etc - I think BGT should be more of an
all rounder variety.
I'm not saying there should be a law against it.
IMO, this is a tired old show trying to keep itself going. Also if my kid had any talent at all I would in no way put them through this emotional Chet.

Port Orleans Riverside 2014
Caribbean Beach 2015
Caribbean Beach 2016
Caribbean Beach 2017... Now Animal Kingdom Lodge
Queen_Elsa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 17, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by feelingnuts View Post
We were sad enough to rewind and see when the tshirts changed and it was as he was walking on the stage with Simon and you could see him straighten it. I enjoyed their act.

Singing I never like they should stick to X Factor!

The choir I feel so much for them but didn't think they could actually sing.

Doga or whatever it was called was ridiculous.
I agree with you on all points.
I don't like that sort of song that the young girl sang, she has an amazing voice but the song was just her screeching , would have liked her to sing a decent proper song .
The choir I thought sounded awful but so so sad for them to get up there and sing that song .
The doga was just ridiculous and didn't deserve time on stage .
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 17, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post

That man with the papier mache masks... omg... dire.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 17, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by FairyNuff View Post
I was waiting and hoping for him to trip over the extension lead he was plugged into
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 17, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Queen_Elsa View Post
I'm not saying there should be a law against it.
IMO, this is a tired old show trying to keep itself going. Also if my kid had any talent at all I would in no way put them through this emotional Chet.
Oh, I know what you mean - it's the same old acts every week. Hopefully they'll find something more unique!

I don't mind them scouting vocal coaches and stage schools beforehand though - it gives them a running opportunity to get someone decent in. Although still think the winning act should be a variety act, not a singer.

My DD is beginning to realise that she probably isn't going to pursue singing or acting, but for a long while it was all she wanted to do - and people say she has the talent, but that's her choice. While I agree these shows aren't the best for children to enter, if it's truly something they want to do and they are talented, then it's often the ONLY way they will get recognised, it's so difficult to get a step up in the business. For every child that even just gets to sing, there are 1000s that don't get the chance. So I'm not saying I would never do it, if it really was what they wanted and they had the talent. Parents have to be clear what they are getting their child into though.

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
I was waiting and hoping for him to trip over the extension lead he was plugged into
I thought he was so funny - 4 acts and all as bad as each other - quite an achievement! 10/10 for his Blue Peter style crafting though .
Tink75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 17, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

Originally Posted by FairyNuff View Post
I only watch for the dreadful ones, hilarious that's some paper mache skills.
Old 17 Apr 17, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

I found the young lad really awkward. The Amanda joke was a terrible thing to say. I just found that really uncomfortable.
The choir made me cry and I'm afraid whilst she could clearly sing, I didn't like the young girl.
I found some of her mannerisms cringeworthy. That can be changed though.

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 17, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by soooexcited! View Post
I only watch for the dreadful ones, hilarious that's some paper mache skills.
Yes, you can picture his child/grandchild's World Book Day costumes can't you 😂!