Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Aug 17, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Pookle
Apprentice Imagineer

How on earth do you pick a Vegas hotel?

They all seem so incredible - recommendations please! I'd like one close to the action and with a good swimming pool! I'm bamboozled!
Old 3 Aug 17, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pookle View Post

They all seem so incredible - recommendations please! I'd like one close to the action and with a good swimming pool! I'm bamboozled!
Well I am biased, only stayed in the Bellagio for the first time last year. We loved it so much that we are staying again at the end of the month at the end of our road trip. I loved the pool/s area at the Bellagio. Also the fact that it was centre strip. It was ideal for us. Although you may want a more modern and contemporary hotel, Cosmopolitan is really nice too which is next to the Bellagio. Our DD and boyfriend really enjoyed NYNY hotel which also has a pool area but they weren't overly impressed with it. Didn't see it myself.
Lots of research of what you want as everyone will be different and travellers pictures on trip advisor may also help.
Old 3 Aug 17, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
ian180
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by tinytots View Post
Well I am biased, only stayed in the Bellagio for the first time last year. We loved it so much that we are staying again at the end of the month at the end of our road trip. I loved the pool/s area at the Bellagio. Also the fact that it was centre strip. It was ideal for us. Although you may want a more modern and contemporary hotel, Cosmopolitan is really nice too which is next to the Bellagio. Our DD and boyfriend really enjoyed NYNY hotel which also has a pool area but they weren't overly impressed with it. Didn't see it myself.
Lots of research of what you want as everyone will be different and travellers pictures on trip advisor may also help.
Likewise - we have stayed in Vegas 10 times now, and 9 of those have been at the Bellagio. Centre strip, lovely fountains, great buffet, many (fine dining) eating opportunities and the lobby and atrium area are amazing. Rooms have been spruced up and a bit more brighter and modern, there are plenty of bars to choose from, a huge swimming pool split into many different areas, right in the centre of everything.

Depends though on what you want and the budget, and everyone will have their opinion based on what they have experienced. I know Venetian is popular on here, the Wynn (albeit at the top end of the strip) is a beautiful modern hotel and that is where we are trying out next February!

Have fun choosing, its all amazing, wherever you end up!
Grand Flo.'98,'99,Xmas'00,'02&'04,'06,'07,'09,'12-NewYork-'00,'01,'03,'05,'07,'12,'14,'22--Hawaii/W.Coast 2001; Vegas-'02,'05,'07,'08,'09,11,12,14,16,19,22; Singapore&OZ-'03;HK,OZ&NZ-'05. Canada'06,12; Dubai'08,10; China/Japan'08; Cape Town'09; South America Sep'09; Nicaragua, C.Rica, Panama '14; Alaska '16,'20; Boston&Cali '22;Iceland '23.
ian180 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 17, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Pookle
Apprentice Imagineer

Thank you. Bellagio was my first consideration actually!
Old 3 Aug 17, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

We stayed at the Vdara when we were there in May and I cannot recommend it highly enough (particularly if you want a more chilled-out base!). The pool was beautiful and very relaxing and it's also perfectly located for everything on the strip. I have included lots of photos in my trip report if you want to check it out (link in my signature)
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 17, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Of all the strip hotels, there are probably 1/3 that I would be happy to stay at & are that realistically in my budget. I just compare prcies for my dates & go with the best deal.

We have previously stayed at the MGM, Mandalay Bay, Planet Hollywood, NYNY & the Venetian. I would happily stay at any of them again for the right price.

MGM & Mandalay have fab pools but are south strip so not ideal if you want something more central, maybe the Mirage would suit you?

If I had endless money, it would be the Cosmo, the Bellagio or the Wynn for me. I have never found them cheap enough for my budget though.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 17, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post

The Venetian or Palazzo for us.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 17, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Mobile

The Vdara looks amazing in Lisa Lollipop's trip report. I was showing it to my partner and he said we'd never be able to come home to our own house after staying in a room like that 😂
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 17, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I've never been but if I ever do it would be the Venetian

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 17, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by landandword17 View Post
The Vdara looks amazing in Lisa Lollipop's trip report. I was showing it to my partner and he said we'd never be able to come home to our own house after staying in a room like that 😂
I said exactly that when we were there... I seriously could have lived in that suite!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List