Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 5 Jun 18, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
genuinely have no idea but is this suitable for a 13 year old

my daughter is asking as 'everyone' else watches it ...

is it risque or just usual z listers being berks/shouting/arguing ?
This gives a bit of a guide for parents: independent/news/l...-a8383791.html

there will be sex in later episodes - it will be "undercover" probably.

Not for me and my girls, but we are not into so called "reality" TV (who the heck has this as their reality!)
WhereIBelong is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 18, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
This gives a bit of a guide for parents: independent/news/l...-a8383791.html

there will be sex in later episodes - it will be "undercover" probably.

Not for me and my girls, but we are not into so called "reality" TV (who the heck has this as their reality!)
looks and sounds horrendous...

how this sort of stuff ever gets commissioned is beyond me

i'll take the 5th on this...
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 18, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
hutton5
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I love this programme lol
hutton5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 18, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

I didn’t watch last year but I work for the company who sponsors it and we just can’t get away from it in store, so I thought I would give it a try ... jury’s out!
Sandraoh40 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 18, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

I'm watching. DD (21) & DS2 (16) watch it too.
DS1 (18) is highly offended by it
DS3&4 (13&14 this month) aren't interested - 13 year old said he'd see what it was like as everyone at school is talking about it and when I said it is on every night for weeks he said "nah, can't be bothered with that. I'm not THAT interested" - no commitment/stamina haha!

Interestingly, DS has almost similar views to me on each person. We have favourite boys/girls as well as those we aren't liking yet. Let's see how that changes as the days/weeks roll on.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 18, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchfan626
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’ve never watched it before but thought I’d check it out this year as everyone was talking about it. I have to admit to enjoying it more than I thought I would and I’m now hooked!
1995 WDW (offsite) , 1998 DLP (Newport Bay Club), 2001, 2002, 2003 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2004 WDW (offsite), 2005 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2007 WDW (Grand Floridian), 2008 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2011 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne), 2015 DLP (Hotel Hew York), May 2016 DLP (Newport Bay Club), December 2016 DLP (Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest Room), April 2017 WDW (Animal Kingdom Lodge), June 2019 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne), August 2019 DLP (Vienna Dream Castle), December 2019 DLP (Magic Circus)
Stitchfan626 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 18, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Dazed View Post
Interestingly, DS has almost similar views to me on each person. We have favourite boys/girls as well as those we aren't liking yet. Let's see how that changes as the days/weeks roll on.
Who are you liking/not liking?

As it stands I only like Kendal for the girls (I thought Hayley was stunning when she went in - but talk about nothing appealing behind the face - actually now don’t think she’s remotely pretty!) The rest of the girls are just dull!

As for the boys - I can’t decide if I like Niall or not, Adam is growing on me if he continues to stick with Kendal, but I will go right off him if he goes after the new girl. I really want to like Alex, but he just seems so plastic! Jack reminds me of Kem from last year and the other two are vanilla!

I’m just glad they seem to be restraining themselves in the bedroom department! - although judging by last years show, I expect they will be expected to ‘perform’ and knowing this, some of them will no doubt oblige for airtime! That’s the bit of the programme I hate - I like people watching, but not THAT type of people watching!
amy56 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 18, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
boltyboy
Imagineer

boltyboy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Love Island? Crap name for a crap program, should be called Shag Island. Totally awful program sending the wrong message to young people trying to find love.

2020 canceled - 2018 - 2015- 2012 - 2004 - 1998 - 1995 - 1993
Has it really been 8 years? - Trip Index
August 2015-Trip Index
boltyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 18, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinygog
slightly serious Dibber

Over the last few months there has been coverage of women not wanting to be seen as objects - the F1 and Boxing girls have been banned for example. But then you get a programme like this where the girls act like trash hoping to get a career out of it. The blokes aren't much better.

I know the behaviour they show goes on during holidays all over the world, but the deliberate way they act for the TV, to me, is just awful. Maybe i'm old fashioned, i don't know, but the coverage this sort of rubbish gets, i think, is a sad indicator of the world we live in today, as it shows what people will do for a career, and what is classed as "entertainment" for people to watch.

More people applied to go on love island than to go to Oxford or Cambridge Uni's combined this year. Still, if you want to behave like trash, and then good a good career out of it for 3 weeks, why bother using your brain...

WDW: 2002, 2004 & 2008
DLP: 2014, 2015 (Xmas), 2017 (Xmas) & 2018
Tinygog is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 18, 06:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Cherrypie
Imagineer

I’m enjoying it, everyone entitled to their opinion but in mine it’s just light hearted entertainment where the men are objectified as much as the women - they’re comfortable being on and showing off so it’s their choice. After 2 days watching it you see past that anyway and it’s just fun to watch - Ian Stirling’s voiceover is worth watching it for in its own!
I think Hayley will end up being dumped tonight! X
Cherrypie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List