Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 5 Mar 19, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by macdonald View Post
..Guilt,hate & closure
They would have had more closure if they had brought him to trial at the time! It seems people come out with all sorts of accusations when the person is dead. I'm sure many are true, some probably just out to get money, but there will never be the real truth with one side dead.
Old 5 Mar 19, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

With children it rarely comes out at the time,but nearly always when they become adult
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 19, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Im no massive fan of his music, but there does seem to be a mass amount of public figures from this time period and before who got away with a lot of things which got covered up (££) and only coming to light more recently when people are realising what happened was in fact WRONG.

People were ashamed to speak out in the past as the support network was not present to help them and provide the required support. Its the same with domestic abuse, rape etc.. fortunately, more people are now able to speak out about it and there is more of a general understanding.

I reckon he was guilty of something for sure.
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02

Edited at 12:53 PM.
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 19, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by olgaandcoda View Post
I think the parents of these children were very unwise to let them sleep over for an adault man. Regardless of who he was. But of course, they may have seen the potential to make money out of it. It may have been totally innocent of course.
Why bring this all up again after his death. He was obviously not a normal person, not his fault, but he’s not here to defend himself. He stood trial and was acquitted for other cases. Surely you would have come forward then to say you were a victim!
His music will live on, we saw him at Wembley and although not a big fan, the show was amazing. Let him rest in peace, he had little of that in life!
neither was Jimmy Saville

not saying Jackson is/isnt innocent but as others have said would you let your kids stay over at his place ? to say let it lie as his shows where amazing etc, is missing the point imo

no offence intended if that sounds harsh
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 19, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
I love walmart
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

A lot of youngsters who were abused and groomed believed at that time that they were in loving consensual relationships. It’s only growing up they come to the horrible realisation they were actually victims of abuse. I personally believe this to be the case with these two men.
I love walmart is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 19, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by I love walmart View Post
A lot of youngsters who were abused and groomed believed at that time that they were in loving consensual relationships. It’s only growing up they come to the horrible realisation they were actually victims of abuse. I personally believe this to be the case with these two men.
From the few clips I have seen in definitely seems they were well and truly groomed into believing they were special and it was an 'adult relationship they were in.
I saw one say he was the kindest man he knew and yet he raped me.
It must be awful to feel so conflicted.
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 19, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I've been reading a lot of comments on various forums and as expected most of his fans defend him and always will..I think he was a music legend but do think he was guilty of abuse and so is no different to Gary Glitter,Rolf Harris,R Kelly etc etc.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 19, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
neither was Jimmy Saville

not saying Jackson is/isnt innocent but as others have said would you let your kids stay over at his place ? to say let it lie as his shows where amazing etc, is missing the point imo

no offence intended if that sounds harsh
I'm certainly no expert, thankfully on this subject. And no child of mine would be allowed anywhere near an adult man to have a sleep over (close family members are trusted of course)

Jimmy Saville always gave me the creeps, long before anything came out about his abuse. And it seems evident that people allowed him to abuse many people, because he was raising money for their causes. Which makes them as bad as him!

I have sympathy with these children who say they were abused by MJ, but the truth cannot come out when he is not around to defend or deny.
I wasn't implying that because his music was good, that that should make any difference if he was abusing boys. I saw him way before the allegations started. Probably wouldn't have gone along, if they came out before.

It seems MJ was a victim of abuse himself, and I don't understand why he could continue the abuse to another generation. But that's the damage his abuse has caused.
Old 5 Mar 19, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyDebs86
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by sunseeker View Post
Money, what other reason could there be.

Dave
They weren't paid for the documentary. Just for the record.

There are many, many reasons why someone would stay quiet for years and speak out later. Fear, guilt, shame, lack of understanding about what happened to them and that it was wrong. James Safechuck said he only really realised what he'd been through when his own son turned the same age as he had been when the abuse started and he saw how young and innocent he was. People often wait to speak until after the abuser has died as they never really felt like they escaped the hold they had on them.

There's no 'right' way to react to abuse. I can't stress that enough. Talking about what 'you would have done' in that situation is just ridiculous - you don't know. Even if you had the exact same experience you would likely react totally differently as a result of your own personality and psyche. It's so unhelpful to judge others based on what you might have done in a situation that you weren't in and is a huge reason why victims don't come forward.

Edited at 01:40 PM.
LadyDebs86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 19, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LadyDebs86 View Post
They weren't paid for the documentary. Just for the record.

There are many, many reasons why someone would stay quiet for years and speak out later. Fear, guilt, shame, lack of understanding about what happened to them and that it was wrong. James Safechuck said he only really realised what he'd been through when his own son turned the same age as he had been when the abuse started and he saw how young and innocent he was.

There's no 'right' way to react to abuse. I can't stress that enough. Talking about what 'you would have done' in that situation is just ridiculous - you don't know. Even if you had the exact same experience you would likely react totally differently as a result of your own personality and psyche. It's so unhelpful to judge others based on what you might have done in a situation that you weren't in and is a huge reason why victims don't come forward.
...Very wise words..
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List