bambikate
VIP Dibber

bambikate's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 25
Talking We're all going on a Poly-holiday - October 2019

Hi guys!

Long time no Dibb!

It's been a super busy but incredible year for us and one thing that I've had less time to do is Dibbing but that is about to change

Welcome to my eighth trip report all about our fabulous 2019 holiday to Walt Disney World staying at our dream hotel - Disney's Polynesian Village Resort.

I didn't do a PTR so as per usual I'll do a brief introduction first... if you've read any of my previous trips you can probably skip this bit as it will sound very familiar...

My name is Kate, I'm the spreadsheet loving chartered accountant and chartered tax adviser, Disney obsessed planner, Youtube video maker, Instagrammer, Dibber, procrastinator and worrier.

This was my 14th trip to the USA

Andy, my hubby: super hard worker, wonderful Dad, a big beard, lots of Disney tattoos, assistant planner and chief American driver, his 12th trip to the USA.

Izzy, our eldest, will go on ANY ride, stitch fan, roller coaster junkie, clever little sausage, her 9th trip to the USA.

Imogen, our youngest, super confident, super tall for her age, comedian, roller coaster junkie, her 8th trip to the USA!

2019 Update

As part of the introduction I thought I'd just quickly summarise what we've been up to in 2019.

If you've read my previous trip reports you may remember I had been busy studying for my final tax exams and in July I found out that I had PASSED!

NO MORE EXAMS EVER! It was such a great feeling and a huge achievement for me as a full time working Mum of two.

We also decided that 2019 was the year we would put our house on the market and buy our forever home We sold 6 days after putting our house on the market and found our dream house literally the next day. It was like it was meant to be! We were stuck in a long 13 week chain but we finally completed 3 days before our 2019 Disney World trip... (THAT was stressful...)

During this time we also had some heartbreaking news that my lovely Auntie had passed away. It was a big shock for all of us. She had also appointed me as executor so I also had a funeral to arrange and all of the estate affairs affairs to deal with including selling her home and making lots of phone calls.

During this crazy year we totally fell off the wagon with Weightwatchers and have put the majority of the weight we lost back on We are trying our best to get back into it but we are just not in the 'zone' yet if you know what I mean.

Finally, we ended the year on a huge high as we added to our family with this gorgeous boy, Walt

Disney nails

Finally, a stay at our dream resort called for something Polynesian and Disney themed... hmmm what could I choose...

Oh, I know! MOANA NAILS

My super awesome nail artiste, Emma absolutely smashed it out of the park once again.

Here's my design:

And here are my nails!

Itinerary

I will update the itinerary below with links to each day as I type them up

Day -1: Rain rain go away
Pre Travel Day - Travelling to London, staying at Premier Inn Gatwick North Terminal and dinner at Thyme Restaurant.

Day 0: The Flight of the Falcon
Travel Day - Flying to Orlando, Magical Express, checking in to the Polynesian Village Resort, Unpacking, Pizza and Champagne in our room.

Day 1: Fried food and fireworks
Magic Kingdom Day - EMH, Crystal Palace, rides, lunch and swimming at the Oasis Pool back at the resort, Happily Ever After and late night snacks in bed

Day 2: Hold my (green) beer...
Tonga toast for breakfast, a day at Epcot, Food & Wine, Trader Sam's, Pandora at Night and Rivers of Light

Day 3: Are you achin' for some bacon?
Starbucks, Animal Kingdom, Everest, Kilimanjaro Safaris, Flight of Passage, Yak & Yati, Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show and an evening in the lava pool

Day 4: The non-park day (where we go to a park)
Hollywood Studios, Toy Story Mania, Slinky Dog Dash, Alien Swirling Saucers, Tower of Terror, Rock N Rollercoaster, Capt. Cook's for lunch, a trip to Target, a pool day and dinner at Narcoossee's

Day 5: Is butter a carb?
Snacking around MK, time out at the Arcade, shopping in Disney Springs, visiting the Coca Cola Store and dinner at Homecomin'

Day 6: Day of a thousand snack credits
A full Epcot day with ALL the snacks, laundry at the hotel, the world’s most expensive cocktails and pizza and cake in the room

Day 7: Dumbo the flightless elephant
A very wet day in MK, breakfast at Be Our Guest, Dole Whips and lunch at Casey’s Corner, back to the hotel for some pool time and back out to Epcot for dinner at Teppan Edo and some fireworks

Day 8: You had me at unlimited mimosas
A lie in, brunch at California Grill, evening at Animal Kingdom, seeing Pandora at night, dinner at Satuli canteen, night blossoms to drink and Na’vi river journey

Day 9: Hey, Hei Hei!
A very early start to beat the crowds at Hollywood Studios, breakfast in Toy Story Land, Millennium Falcon, Slinky Dog Dash, Jack Jack Cookie num num, back to the hotel for pizza and a BIG costume change then the best evening ever at MNSSHP in our costumes and sugared nuts and beer in bed

Day 10: The tipsy ducks are at it again
Bonus trip to Epcot revisiting all the best snacks at Epcot, Soarin’ ‘Ohana and an evening at the pool

Day 11: Flumes, booze and incredible views
Typhoon Lagoon, Disney Springs, Blaze Pizza, Dinner at California Grill, Happily ever After from the rooftop and a sneaky final trip to the Contemporary Arcade

Day 12: Summoned by the Queen
Back to Magic Kingdom, breakfast at Gaston’s Tavern, lunch at BOG, Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, BTMR, back home for some champers, over to Wilderness Lodge, Dinner at Storybook Dining at Artist Point and an evening in the pool again

Day 13: Barry's the best!
Tragical express notice, outlet shopping, back to Epcot for some more snacks dodging the rain, getting dolled up for the most incredible evening meal at Yachtsman Steakhouse and an evening by the pool

Days 14 and 15: And now it's time to pay the price!
'Ohana’s Best Friends Breakfast, back to Animal Kingdom, Flight of Passage, Night Blossom, meeting Tim Tracker, back to Capt. Cook’s for lunch, Magical Express to MCO, Burger King and then flying home. Arriving in Gatwick the net day and driving home then unpacking all of our purchases!

The video!
I've put together a 26 minute video of the best bits from our trip set to music - WARNING it's very cheesy so grab a snack and a drink before you settle down and watch TIP - if you are watching from a mobile or tablet and it won't open, try watching through the YouTube app or click the little three dots and open as a desktop version

IG: _disneykate_
YouTube: DisneyKate

Edited at 02:35 PM.
bambikate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 20, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Love that the nails are the priority!
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 20, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Clairebear
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Cant wait to follow along! ❤️
Clairebear is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 20, 12:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Excited83
VIP Dibber

Mobile

So excited to see you’ve started this! Amazing nails!
Excited83 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 20, 07:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Manyin
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Love your trip reports, can't wait to read along

DLRP 1995, 2001,05,08
Rodeway Inn 2000, Ramada 2002, Hawthorn Suites 2007,09,10,11
Sheraton Vistana 2013,15 & 19 RI@ Pointe 14/16/17/19/22/23/23 LBV 18/22
LV Mandalay Bay 2011 - MGM 14, - Caesars 15, Luxor 16,17,18(x2), 19
Manyin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 20, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Always enjoy your reports! Congrats on passing your exams 😊
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 20, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
slow.jo
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Yay! Looking forward to reading
Jo xx

Stewboy's Trip Reports
slow.jo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 20, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

Looking forward to reading along. I was wondering about your latest trip over Christmas as I haven’t seen you posting in a long time
Cutiepie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 20, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Wow sounds like you a hectic 2019, I was tired just reading about it!

Following along, we were there in October too, might have crossed paths and not known it? 😁

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Your nails look amazing. I have loved reading your previous trippie so can't wait.