Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 13 May 09, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Diamonddog2801 View Post
If you use betterbidding you can really narrow it down. I've booked about 7 times using Hotwire & Priceline in the past two years and, using betterbidding, always got exactly the hotel I thought I was going to get.
Thanks, im not booking till next year, but doing loads of planning just now!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 09, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
kirst_al UK
Imagineer

kirst_al UK's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 3
we booked the HOJO direct using the card ordered from entertainment/save/home

you get a card enclosed with the above book and tons more of other savings which you show upon check in however you ought to book (direct) before you order the book as your dates might not be available. (is refundable and payable on check out - well was this past december). Books are valid nov - nov i think so check that you get the right one for your holiday

[NEW video] April/May 15 - The biggest one yet! 💍🎩👰🏻 [video] Mar 12 - Rosen Inn at Pointe, Orlando, FL. Apr 10 - Vista Cay - Orlando, FL. Dec 08 - Anaheim, LA, Vegas & NYC. Apr 07 - Fairfield Inn & Suites - Orlando, FL. Apr 05 - Crowne Plaza Universal - Orlando, FL.
kirst_al UK is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 09, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Harry
Imagineer

Harry's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We're off in October... got flights for just over £900 with Virgin for 2 adults 1 child... fly into LA and out of san Fran (17 nights)... start off in San Diego - Anaheim - Pismo Beach - Monterey - Yosemite and finish off in San Fran'... have booked the car, and hotels for Anaheim (6 nights) and Yosemite (2 nights).. will probably leave the other hotels to nearer the time... can't wait.

Anyone know what the temps' would be? I imagine San Diego and LA will be a damn sight warmer than San Fran' and Yosemite?

"... he is moving like a TREMENDOUS machine... "

Edited at 01:53 PM.
Harry is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 09, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazzy
Imagineer

Mazzy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Originally Posted by Harry View Post
We're off in October... got flights for just over £900 with Virgin for 2 adults 1 child... fly into LA and out of san Fran (17 nights)... start off in San Diego - Anaheim - Pismo Beach - Monterey - Yosemite and finish off in San Fran'... have booked the car, and hotels for Anaheim (6 nights) and Yosemite (2 nights).. will probably leave the other hotels to nearer the time... can't wait.

Anyone know what the temps' would be? I imagine San Diego and LA will be a damn sight warmer than San Fran' and Yosemite?
Not sure of the exact temps but yes San Diego and LA will be warmer than San Francisco (not sure about Yosemite as never been). We arrived in San Francisco in August and it was freezing! Monterey was a bit warmer, but not much. Flew over to LA and omg, it was boiling! So yes, a definitely difference, lol, though I believe that October has the best weather for San Francisco, better than August anyway. Hope you have a fab trip! Monterey is gorgeous, don't forget to see the sea otters. We stayed at montereybayinn It's amazing as you can see sea otters etc from the balcony of your room, and they provide binoculars too, absolutely wonderful!

PREVIOUS TRIPS:
WALT DISNEY WORLD:
Dolphin:
MAY 1999, SEPT 2003, XMAS 2005, AUG 2007, APR 2008, APR 2009
Port Orleans Riverside
NOV 2000,
Port Orleans French Quarter APR 2005, OCT 2006
Polynesian: FEB 2007
Caribbean Beach SEPT 2008
DISNEYLAND PARIS: SEPT 1999, JAN 2002, MAY 2006
DISNEYLAND RESORT CALIFORNIA:
AUG 2007, JULY 2010
Mazzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 09, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Tiggernut
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kirst_al UK View Post
we booked the HOJO direct using the card ordered from entertainment/save/home

you get a card enclosed with the above book and tons more of other savings which you show upon check in however you ought to book (direct) before you order the book as your dates might not be available. (is refundable and payable on check out - well was this past december). Books are valid nov - nov i think so check that you get the right one for your holiday

Thanks for that Kirsty - We were looking at the entertainment book but there didn't seem to be any signs that they'd send them to the UK. Did you get one without any problems?
1992(Honeymoon)&1993 Quality Inn International; 1995, 1997, 2006 and 2009 West Coast; 1996 & 1999 Comfort Inn LBV; 2004 Indian Ridge; 2005 & 2011 Regal Palms; 2007 & 2010 The Manors at West Haven; 2008 Sunridge Woods; 2012 Boston and New York 2013 Sandy Ridge 2014 Colorado/Utah/Vegas 2015 Manors North at West Haven 2016 LV/SF/YOSEMITE 2017 Canada 2017 Indian Ridge Oaks
Tiggernut is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 09, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Tiggernut
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Harry View Post

We went in November 2006 and whilst it was much warmer in LA than SF it wasn't too bad - have a look at our trip report, you can see from how we're dressed that it really wasn't that cold at all. I've read somewhere that the temperature in SF can be colder in the 'summer' months due to the fog than it is in the fall when the fog is rarer!

You did well to get the direct flights lthat cheap - we've been watching the prices since February and they haven't dropped form the 1,200 mark for our dates!
1992(Honeymoon)&1993 Quality Inn International; 1995, 1997, 2006 and 2009 West Coast; 1996 & 1999 Comfort Inn LBV; 2004 Indian Ridge; 2005 & 2011 Regal Palms; 2007 & 2010 The Manors at West Haven; 2008 Sunridge Woods; 2012 Boston and New York 2013 Sandy Ridge 2014 Colorado/Utah/Vegas 2015 Manors North at West Haven 2016 LV/SF/YOSEMITE 2017 Canada 2017 Indian Ridge Oaks
Tiggernut is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 09, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
kirst_al UK
Imagineer

kirst_al UK's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Tiggernut View Post
Thanks for that Kirsty - We were looking at the entertainment book but there didn't seem to be any signs that they'd send them to the UK. Did you get one without any problems?
They do send them to the UK but we got it delivered to the US.

[NEW video] April/May 15 - The biggest one yet! 💍🎩👰🏻 [video] Mar 12 - Rosen Inn at Pointe, Orlando, FL. Apr 10 - Vista Cay - Orlando, FL. Dec 08 - Anaheim, LA, Vegas & NYC. Apr 07 - Fairfield Inn & Suites - Orlando, FL. Apr 05 - Crowne Plaza Universal - Orlando, FL.
kirst_al UK is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 09, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Tiggernut
Imagineer

Just wanted to pop back to say thanks for the recommendations. Following on from people's advice on here we've booked 4 nights at the HoJo in Anaheim and two nights in the Motel 6 at Williams... so many thanks to those that have offered advice on these and the other hotel options. We've also booked the Best Western Inn of Tempe close to Phoenix Sky Airport on our first night as we don't get there until 11pm.

It's really coming together now. We're probably going to stay at the Mariposa Lodge Motel for two or three nights and do Yosemite from there. We stayed in this hotel last time we went and it was great. Just trying to sort out the 'in-between' places to stop on route between Williams and Anaheim (probably somewhere like Twenty-nine Palms so we can do Joshua Tree NP) and close to Death Valley (looking at Pahrump or Shoshone before we do Death Valley and Ridgecrest or Lone Pine afterwards).

Oh we also got a cracking deal on a 4x4 from Dollar through USRentacar - less than £400 for 13 nights - and got them to arrange for us to drop it at the Sheraton Fishermans Wharf which is just round the corner from our hotel. It wasn't on the list of drop off points but DH rang them and they sorted it out for us within 30 mins - a big thumbs up to them!

Anyway I'm waffling - thanks again for the advice!
Old 18 May 09, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post

Have a fabulous time
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 09, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazzy
Imagineer

Mazzy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Originally Posted by Tiggernut View Post
Just wanted to pop back to say thanks for the recommendations. Following on from people's advice on here we've booked 4 nights at the HoJo in Anaheim and two nights in the Motel 6 at Williams... so many thanks to those that have offered advice on these and the other hotel options. We've also booked the Best Western Inn of Tempe close to Phoenix Sky Airport on our first night as we don't get there until 11pm.

It's really coming together now. We're probably going to stay at the Mariposa Lodge Motel for two or three nights and do Yosemite from there. We stayed in this hotel last time we went and it was great. Just trying to sort out the 'in-between' places to stop on route between Williams and Anaheim (probably somewhere like Twenty-nine Palms so we can do Joshua Tree NP) and close to Death Valley (looking at Pahrump or Shoshone before we do Death Valley and Ridgecrest or Lone Pine afterwards).

Oh we also got a cracking deal on a 4x4 from Dollar through USRentacar - less than £400 for 13 nights - and got them to arrange for us to drop it at the Sheraton Fishermans Wharf which is just round the corner from our hotel. It wasn't on the list of drop off points but DH rang them and they sorted it out for us within 30 mins - a big thumbs up to them!

Anyway I'm waffling - thanks again for the advice!

That's great you got booked at the HoJo, it's a great price for so near Disneyland isn't it? I just heard back from them this morning, I was asking if a rollaway bed would fit in their rooms with two queen beds in, and they said yes it would, and it's $10 per night for the rollaway, which is really good, so unless I find somewhere even cheaper we will probably be staying there too next July, if we go.

PREVIOUS TRIPS:
WALT DISNEY WORLD:
Dolphin:
MAY 1999, SEPT 2003, XMAS 2005, AUG 2007, APR 2008, APR 2009
Port Orleans Riverside
NOV 2000,
Port Orleans French Quarter APR 2005, OCT 2006
Polynesian: FEB 2007
Caribbean Beach SEPT 2008
DISNEYLAND PARIS: SEPT 1999, JAN 2002, MAY 2006
DISNEYLAND RESORT CALIFORNIA:
AUG 2007, JULY 2010
Mazzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread