Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 10 Jun 10, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
purple myra
Imagineer

purple myra's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Thumbs up Just booked Top of the World at the Stratosphere

As a wee treat on our last night, I have booked a table at Top of the World. Really looking forward to seeing a birds eye view of the Strip all lit up.
I fancy trying the 5 course "Taste Menu"

Anyone tried it? Any opinions?

Oh I might have accidentally clicked on a link to book a limo to take us there...just a wee Chrysler 300

Getting excited now, plans are coming together and I've just completed our APIs too
purple myra is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 10, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
TrueBlue
Imagineer

TrueBlue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Sounds FABBY hun I'm sure you'll love it!

Does Jake or Billy know yet or are you keeping it as a surprise for them?
TrueBlue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 10, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Tetrarch
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 23
Yes, we had the 5 course Taste Menu at TTOTW restaurant a few years ago for a special birthday. The food was very good but didn't think much of the different wines that went with every course. The view, especially if you have timed it to catch the sunset, is spectacular.

We just had a basic taxi rather than the limo you have booked but Gary did buy me a pair of diamond earrings to wear for the evening - LOL!

Debra
Old 10 Jun 10, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
nikkimc
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by purple myra View Post
As a wee treat on our last night, I have booked a table at Top of the World. Really looking forward to seeing a birds eye view of the Strip all lit up.
I fancy trying the 5 course "Taste Menu"

Anyone tried it? Any opinions?

Oh I might have accidentally clicked on a link to book a limo to take us there...just a wee Chrysler 300

Getting excited now, plans are coming together and I've just completed our APIs too
Will you please stop booking more fab things to do! Everytime I see a thread like this I go off to investigate and spend even more cash lol
Disney Med Cruise 2011
nikkimc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 10, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
purple myra
Imagineer

purple myra's Reviews
Originally Posted by TrueBlue View Post
Sounds FABBY hun I'm sure you'll love it!

Does Jake or Billy know yet or are you keeping it as a surprise for them?
They know about the restaurant, they don't know about the limo... i've only booked it for an hour, to get us up the strip... we can walk home lol

Originally Posted by Tetrarch View Post
Yes, we had the 5 course Taste Menu at TTOTW restaurant a few years ago for a special birthday. The food was very good but didn't think much of the different wines that went with every course. The view, especially if you have timed it to catch the sunset, is spectacular.

We just had a basic taxi rather than the limo you have booked but Gary did buy me a pair of diamond earrings to wear for the evening - LOL!

Debra
I don't think I'll get the wine pairings... I like Pinot Grigio with EVERYTHING

Originally Posted by nikkimc View Post
Will you please stop booking more fab things to do! Everytime I see a thread like this I go off to investigate and spend even more cash lol
Sorry but it does look good.
purple myra is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 10, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Heather1957
Imagineer

Not had the taster menu have just booked meals.

I don't know what time you've booked but i would always recommend you try for sunset so you can watch the sun go down over the mountains and watch all the helicopters come back fro the GC.

The staff there know what time that is and can advise you.

Certainly when I went there you couldn't reserve a window seat but if you get to the restaurant in plenty of time you can request one then and you can go to the bar/lounge and wait for one to become available.

I have attached a picture of my friends Sue and Bex (sorry Bex) when we were at one of our meals there, it's the only one that shows a little what it's like up there.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0567.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	23583  
Old 10 Jun 10, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachy
Imagineer

What would be a good time to book in June to see the sunset?

Thanks for posting about the tasting menu, will be taking DF there next year and didn't realise they have one of these. Think the prices are resonable too.

Rachel
x
Old 10 Jun 10, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post

How far in advance do you need to book? My friend wants to go there for her birthday dinner when we are in Vegas.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 10, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
purple myra
Imagineer

purple myra's Reviews
Thanks for the photo Heather. I've booked 7.30pm so better check what time sunset is in October.
The View restaurant in New York was set up with only tables for 2 right at the window, the bigger tables were in the next row "in" from the windows. I may do as you suggest and request a window table and wait in the bar until one is available... drinking at the bar is just one hardship I'll have to endure to make sure the boys get a good view
Old 10 Jun 10, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
purple myra
Imagineer

purple myra's Reviews
Originally Posted by ukdiva View Post
How far in advance do you need to book? My friend wants to go there for her birthday dinner when we are in Vegas.
Not sure how far in advance you need to book...but I did it online through opentable so it was free and easy to do.
I was taken straight to Open Table from the Top of the World page
Closed Thread