Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 23 Jun 10, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Really its more what you can afford to take iyswim.

I can tell you 2 for 2 weeks in Ceasers Palace you need for example £3000 but if you havent got that much its irrelevant isnt it.

I work on the principle of what i can afford to take and adjust my eating out, shopping, gambling plans accordingly.
daytonababe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 10, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
jolloyd81
Apprentice Imagineer

jolloyd81's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Hiya - Ive been to vegas 5 times now but only ever for a week.

Think with a two week holiday there you could afford to chill a bit more - our days are always full with stuff to do and we dont gamble!

Each hotel is an attraction and can take a while to work your way through - Caesars is a great base and has many different restaurants and bars to work your way through as well as being next to the Bellagio (my choice of hotel the last couple of times) to enjoy the fountain show.

I would maybe book a couple of shows, spaced a few days apart such as a Cirque de soleil like 'O' or Mystere, a themed show like Jersey Boys or Phantom of the Opera then a traditional vegas show such as a magic show or revue. If youve ever been to the Premium Outlets in Orlando, Vegas has a near identical one which we always visit to stock up on great priced goods. What about a trip to the Hoover Dam or Grand Canyon - you can do an overnight stay with some too.

Then theres the smaller attractions in each hotel - eg. Madame tussauds, Siegfried and Roys Secret Garden, Luxor Imax theatre, MGM lions, Shark reef at Mandalay etc. You could visit Town Square which is just past Mandalay for some more retail therapy then catch the latest movie at their cinema and have a meal at one of several restaurants there.

I'm sure you'll find lots to do - and still have the luxury of being able to spend a day or two chilling by the pool - bliss!

Oct/Nov 2023 - Villa Holiday
Oct 2017 - Dibb Villa, May 2012 - Dibb Villa
2010 Oct - Dibb Villa
2008 & 2007 villa/2005 villa/2003 I Drive/2001 I Drive
jolloyd81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 10, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post

are there any trips that i can stay out of vegas for night or two ?

to break it up
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 10, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
The Grand Canyon trips are good and you see some real countryside and scenery.
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 10, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post

cant wait to go

how much would you take an how would you plan your two weeks at ceasars palace?

all ideas welcome
Old 30 Jun 10, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post

tell me more

Originally Posted by Dissuziq View Post
I did a week at ceasars, it is huge and and has plenty to do with out wandering outside, we are not gamblers and did a diferent show every night and pool during the day but October might be a bit chilly for that.

things we did

Toured the hotel, they are amazing inside.
the hoover dam
The walk way over the grand canyon
Donny and Marie Show
Tom Jones at MGM
Jersey boys,

There is loads to do and go, would maybe get a car to travel further afield as I know we had a lazy week and didnt travel far from the pool only to shop
what was it like round pool?

always hot in october when been before

tell me more...
Old 8 Jul 10, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post

is it busy an was it hot round pool in october

do you get left alone an you dont have to spend money round pool if you wana chill in day

Edited at 11:47 PM.
Old 10 Jul 10, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post

bumppty bump
Old 10 Jul 10, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post

We have opted to fly in to LA and stay there for a few days and get the coach to Vegas for our Celine concerts next year. We have stayed at Caesars and liked it very much but then a huge forum full of designer shops n restaurants is pretty much heaven for me. Do try lunch at Spargo' after a shop

Helicopter trip to the canyon is awsome.
Old 10 Jul 10, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Heather1957
Imagineer

I have been to Vegas 8 or 9 times now and the longest we've stayed on the Strip is 8 nights as I usually find that plenty. If you're staying longer then you'll have lots of time to chill out by the pool.

In April we booked 10 nights but 3 of these we stayed in Laughlin, it's another gambling town but much much smaller and built right on the Colorado river and on the border with Arizona.

You can have a free day trip which takes you to the Hoover dam and Laughlin, it's a long day on a coach trip but it's free AND you get a free buffet lunch at the Edgewater hotel in Laughlin, there are no strings attached they just want you to spend some money there.

Look here