Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 12 Jun 13, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
minnieisme
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
We've stopped there twice before and i'd be happy to again.
fab glad to hear it!
minnieisme is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 13, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
leighlee
Getting Excited

My very long list

This is a great idea. So far I have booked flights from Heathrow to LAX and LAX to Hawaii. Booked the hotels in Anaheim, Hollywood & Oahu. Bought Hopper Tickets for Disneyland and booked airport hotels for before and after the holiday. Heres my list of outstanding tasks:

General
Travel Insurance
Travel Money
ESTA
Prebook seats on the Virgin flights (hopefully in the bubble)
Pre Trip Report
Buy clothes for holidays

LA - Anaheim - 5 nights
Plan shuttle from LAX to Anaheim
Work out if we are going to use a shuttle or taxi on return trip to LAX
Plan where we will eat
Plan which days we will go to each park
See if there is a Halloween Party while we are there and book that

Hawaii
Work out which tours and attractions we want to visit, but book when we are out there (Horse riding at ranch where they do a lot of films and TV shows, Premium Outlets, Tour of Island, Diamond Head, North Shore)

Hollywood
Book Universal VIP Tour - work out how to get there as no car
Book Warner Brother VIP Tour - work out how to get there
Book all bus tours (hop on hop off, star home tours, trip to beach etc)
Shuttle to and from airport

Thats all I can think of now, but its defintely enough to be going on with I will get started on the pre trip report when I have worked out a plan. I have highlighted all the tasks in pink that I want to complete in the next week, so I will do an update post when I have completed them.
Leighlee
leighlee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 13, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
tonymc
Imagineer

tonymc's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 19
We're off in 20 days or so, and will be in NY for 4 days before flying down to LA and driving to San Diego for 5 days, followed by 5 in Anaheim. Booked so far:

Flights (LHR-JFK, JFK-LAX return, JFK-LHR daytime flight) all using Avios
Hotels in LHR (Travelodge night before flying out), NY (Grand Hyatt), San Diego (BW Island Palms), Anaheim (Howard Johnson) and JFK (HI Express) - mainly through hotels.com/Expedia via Quidco with 10-12% cashback.
Car Rental from LAX (Hertz with 10% Quidco cashback)
ESTAs
Insurance

Attractions booked (making good use of cashback sites and Groupon etc):

NY:
City Sightseeing 48 Hour Hop-on/off Bus Pass (13% Expedia discount + 12% Quidco cashback)
ESB Ticket (again 12% Quidco)

San Diego:
Sunset Segway Tour at La Jolla (through Groupon - 67% discount! )
San Diego Zoo Safari Park (through Living Social - 50% discount)
Old Town Trolley Tour

Anaheim:
Disneyland 3 Day tickets (a paltry 2% cashback )
House of Blues reservation - $50 restaurants.com certificate for $10 offer.
Ventura County Fair (Hall and Oates/Air Supply playing on 5th August) - at $12 each much cheaper than the $90pp for tickets at Orange County Fair or Las Vegas!
Still to book a half-day Los Angeles/Hollywood tour - recommendations anyone?

I've had around £300 in cashback through Quidco (did check other sites before booking to make sure of best deal), plus saved around $360 through the Groupon/Living Social offers - definitely worth subscribing to the newsletters/offers.
2024 The Retirement Roadshow – Part 2:Alaska, 2023 4th Time lucky - Aus & NZ, 2022 Cruising and Tuscany, 2020 A second unexpected staycation - Budapest to West Wales!, 2019 It’s Disney... but not as we know it!,2017 CA Possibly, Maybe, Definitely..,2016 Economy and a Studio Just Isn't Good Enough!

Edited at 09:57 PM.
tonymc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 13, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
staceylou
Trying for More Ears

tonymc - is that a recent Groupon offer for San Diego zoo/safari? Do they come up often?
staceylou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 13, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Had a productive 2 weeks me!

DONE
Booked Navajo Sunset tour in MV
Got 5 day DL tickets
Booked lunch reservations for WOC at Carthay Circle, Blue Bayou and Cafe Orleans; WOC now a fix pris menu of $39
Updated ESTAS and had to pay for a new one for DS for his new passport!
Started invites for our vow renewal next year, got to get everyone in gear and give notice!
Virgin change our flight to even later again, could have not stayed overnight at Hrow, grrr, but gonna leave it now in case of snarl up on the old M25. Shall just have a nice leisurely Bfast in the Premier Inn now
Got more $ at M&S when it was $ 1.52
Booked C de S LOVE

Not holiday related but also saw Robbie Williams and Olly Murs at Wembley, fab, saw Rocky Horror show on 40th anniversary tour and got Maroon 5 tickets for Jan with support of Robin Thicke, "blurred lines" you're all singing it!

TO DO
Redo DS API with new passport info
Ring CC are companies
List in more detail what we are doing each day
Book Disney museum
Sort Alternative route round DValley, just in case it stays so hot
Sort toiletries for touring, need to take as little as possible.
Start sorting clothes
Sort my daily touring plans for DL and DCA, crowd levels of 9.8
Remember to take DVC cards for discounts!
Sort English gifts for nice lady who is making DS a birthday cake at Arrow Head Cottages

Just a bit left to do...
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 13, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

I still have some things on my to do list as follows.
Book Hoppa bus from Aurora Hotel to Heathow airport on morning of 18th August.
Book car hire from Vegas to be dropped off in LAX (can't decide on pick up location or who to book with)
Possibly cancel one of our nights in San Diego and book one night in Palm Springs (not sure where to book as this is a fairly new development)
Book Warner Brothers Tour (can't decide on a day, Sunday or Monday)
Book flight from LAX to San Francisco (need to decide on time and airline)
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 13, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Well i've booked 11 nights in the Monte Carlo , And we're now having 4 nights in Phoenix not 3 reason for this being i actually get my birthday in Phoenix rather than spending the day travelling.
So i just need to book somewhere for our first night in Vegas.
Most likely we will stop at South Point , i know its not main strip but i just want a decent hotel for the night because we'll be leaving for Phoenix 1st thing the next morning.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 13, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by JudyC View Post
I still have some things on my to do list as follows.
Book Hoppa bus from Aurora Hotel to Heathow airport on morning of 18th August.
Book car hire from Vegas to be dropped off in LAX (can't decide on pick up location or who to book with)
Possibly cancel one of our nights in San Diego and book one night in Palm Springs (not sure where to book as this is a fairly new development)
Book Warner Brothers Tour (can't decide on a day, Sunday or Monday)
Book flight from LAX to San Francisco (need to decide on time and airline)
Hi Judyc,
apparently the WB tour is best for getting on to the sets at the weekend, a Dibb recommend but I cannot remember who said it.
OR seeing the stars more likely in the week but not as good as seeing the sets I have heard.
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 13, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Twentyyears View Post
Hi Judyc,
apparently the WB tour is best for getting on to the sets at the weekend, a Dibb recommend but I cannot remember who said it.
OR seeing the stars more likely in the week but not as good as seeing the sets I have heard.
I'm thinking of booking for the Sunday but my only issue is we will be travelling on public transport from Santa Monica. I'm intending to get a 48 hour hop on hop off bus ticket, but I know we need a connecting bus to get to WB. Each time I try to check the Sunday timetables I get more confused
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 13, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
tonymc
Imagineer

tonymc's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 19
Originally Posted by staceylou View Post
tonymc - is that a recent Groupon offer for San Diego zoo/safari? Do they come up often?
Apologies for the delay in replying. The San Diego Zoo Safari Park offer was through Living Social. It was on for quite a few weeks, but I haven't seen it offered for some time now. Worth subscribing to their newsletter to keep an eye on any similar deals though.
2024 The Retirement Roadshow – Part 2:Alaska, 2023 4th Time lucky - Aus & NZ, 2022 Cruising and Tuscany, 2020 A second unexpected staycation - Budapest to West Wales!, 2019 It’s Disney... but not as we know it!,2017 CA Possibly, Maybe, Definitely..,2016 Economy and a Studio Just Isn't Good Enough!
tonymc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread