Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 12 Mar 16, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Twentyyears View Post
Hers another question re this- we always use the TSA locks but recently we have still had them cut rather than opened and put back on- they are none to cheap so I am wondering whether to buy cheap non TSA and let them cut them next time?
I think Home Bargains do a cheap range that would be ok for you ? I don't lock mine but guess that's a wee bit risky!

Jo
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 16, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by toonarmani View Post
My TSA lock was missing and case ransacked (only noticed at the hotel). No note in the case either :angry:
Hey that's not good at all. That could be baggage handlers rather than TSA? Was anything missing? I hope not.
Hope that doesn't happen often

Jo
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 16, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
justus2again
Imagineer

usually 1 or more on most of our trips have been searched dont know what we put in to make them i thought it was just random x
2005 southern dunes 2007 legacy park 2007 southern dunes 2008 lake Wilson 2009 southern dunes 2010 Hampton lakes 2011 greater groves 2012 Windsor palms 2013 southern dunes 2014 vista park 2015 villa Lindfields 2016 west haven villa 2017 acorn villa 2018 villa silver creek 2019 champions gate 2020 2021 the years of no go 2022 all booked for this year
justus2again is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 16, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Kraken
Imagineer

Basically they are looking for anything that looks suspicious (obviously). So if you pack all your charger leads into a case with your stash of sauces / candles (organic material on x-ray) it can look like a lot of bottles of liquid / organic material of unknown type, connected by wires. Expect that bag to get opened. I have had my bags containing things like BBQ sauce / large supply of suntan cream [bringing it back for a friend] opened. Have never had the bag full of just dirty laundry opened though.

Coffee has been mentioned above - if the coffee pouches were sealed in foil, this can be detected as an attempt to hide something from x-ray, so again expect a closer look to be taken.

I doubt there is very much (if any) random element to the bag searches, despite what the flyer they put in your bag says. The TSA have to screen every checked bag that wants to depart from an US airport, be it on a domestic or international flight. Given the sheer volume of bags they screen, they don't have the resources to do much - if any - random screening. If your bag gets opened, it's 99.99% triggered an alarm of some sort on the x-ray / automated screening system.
Kraken is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 16, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Cocobean121
Imagineer

Ours get searched every time, we must be a dodgy lot!

We do bring big bottles of Jack Daniels BBQ sauce back and various other foods!

My DS always takes an electric fan with him, he can't sleep without one! We bought one in Walmart after a 2am dash on the second night (we couldn't sleep anyway) on our first trip and he takes it back every time we go. TSA must think we are a bit mad.

Easter 2011 Legacy Park Villa fl. Aug/Sept 2013 Thousand Oaks Villa fl. April 2015 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa fl. May 2017 the sanctuary, West Haven villa Fl.
October 2019 Pier 60 & Highlands Reserve villa fl
May 2020 endless summer and Aventura
Cocobean121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 16, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
emmabanana
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Ours get searched each time too, but we always bring back sauces, rubs & cans of drink.
emmabanana is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 16, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Ours have been checked maybe 8 times now. One time they cracked the lock and they didn't close the zips properly and we lost a lot of stuff. Nothing expensive - stuff must have just fallen out.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 16, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
allycat228
Apprentice Imagineer

Mine got checked last time i came back but then everything was so tightly packed i am not surprised, it even included a brand new iPad which really should of been in my hand luggage nothing broken or lost
allycat228 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 16, 04:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Reereef
Imagineer

Reereef's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Ours get checked all the time. I expect it now and make sure I launder all our 'delicates' before we come home
Reereef is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 16, 06:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Raggylisa
Proud to wear my Ears

Raggylisa's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

One of mine was checked but I believe it was my dd's newly acquired pin collection attached to a lanyard that might of looked a tad strange on the X-ray! Lol
Raggylisa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread