Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 24 Aug 16, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
No1 Babe
Excited about Disney

ASIC trainers for me !
No1 Babe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 16, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
ASheppard
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

I wore Karrimor sandals - they are a bit ugly looking but so comfy. I've been wearing them since I got home too - lovely!
ASheppard is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 16, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Gabsnoot
Imagineer

DH usually wears trainers. DS usually starts in trainers and ends up in crocs by the end of the holiday. DD wears Converse baseball boots but I don't know how she can walk so far in them because they are really flat with no support. I swear by Fit Flops, I am notorious for complaining of sore feet on shopping trips etc at home but can do 8-10 miles a day on holiday without a peep because they are so comfortable.

Whatever you choose, try and break them in before you go because that's half the battle
Gabsnoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 16, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
crooks
slightly serious Dibber

I can't do trainers in the heat, we all wore sandals, ie the type you can buy in Mountain Warehouse with a thicker sole. I bought the Skechers Go Walk Flip Flops at the start of the summer this year (not sure of their exact name), and they were perfect for walking round Venice in 30 degree heat! My feet would have died being enclosed. I've worn them constantly for 6 weeks, not sure how I'm going to cope next week being back in work shoes
crooks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 16, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by crooks View Post
I can't do trainers in the heat, we all wore sandals, ie the type you can buy in Mountain Warehouse with a thicker sole. I bought the Skechers Go Walk Flip Flops at the start of the summer this year (not sure of their exact name), and they were perfect for walking round Venice in 30 degree heat! My feet would have died being enclosed. I've worn them constantly for 6 weeks, not sure how I'm going to cope next week being back in work shoes
Ha! We were in Venice this summer too. June 30th till July 4th. Loved it and it was bloody hot I agree. Watched an opera at Teatro La Fenice. It was great, better than we expected and a great experience.
Thanks for the tips BTW
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 16, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post

skechers flex for me and go walk trainers for hubs and the 2 boys my daughter has some light weight nike trainer type sandal things
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 16, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
irvsax
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Funnily enough I just took ownership of a new pair of Ecco sandals for my trip in October.

Last year I got some Ecco trainers and they were really comfy but a bit hot so wore old sandals quite a lot. These new ones seem very good on first impression.

Sock + water rides is not a good combo.
irvsax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 16, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
beegnjasmum
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I'd recommend sketchers go walks. Read loads of threads on here last year from people who had them. They were so so comfortable and as light as a feather.
My DH got sketchers trainers which he loved.
My kids wore Crocs most of the time which were ideal if they were running through fountains etc.
beegnjasmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 16, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

I just ordered some Go Step Skechers trainers from Amazon (much cheaper than elsewhere!). But previously have done a combo of Mary Jane Go Walks and Teva Universal sandals.
debojahh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 16, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
simbamad
Imagineer

simbamad's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I recommend sketchers go walks and also nike roshe's, both were extremely comfy. It kills my ankles and feet walking in completely flat shoes and these were perfect as they have thick cushioned soles.