Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 1 Feb 17, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

where to stay in Nashville

Finding the prices a bit OMG ! Looking for 3 nights here over a weekend so i know that pushes up the price but still ... cant find much for less than £200 a night.. without taxes etc.

Looked at the Gaylord but thats around £600 for 3 nights --- on a king Sofa Bed Which i dont think will be very comfy for the 6'4" hubby.

Have people stayed in the centre or out near the Opry?
Just cant seem to get my head into gear for here - any tips gratefully receievd
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 17, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
CrispyA
Imagineer

Nashville is really expensive - Memphis was worse! We're staying at the Best Western Airport as we couldn't get anything reasonable nearer tow. It's 6 miles from the Opry and not too far to downtown so we're fairly pleased.
CrispyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 17, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We've stayed at the holiday inn on Broadway, might be a holiday inn express now and Homewood suites on church street. Yep, expensive

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 17, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
avibelle
Getting Excited

we stayed at the comfort inn , cant remember how much we paid it was about a mile away from the gran ole opry, glad we went but it was expensive had my first taste of fried green tomatoes , delish, my dh thinks we paid $125 a night sorry we couldnt be more help we did a mini road trip that year and stayed in lots of places, we got a new camera and i didnt use it proper, i would turn it on and press the button twice which of course turned the video off so alot of the trip was of my knee oops
avibelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 17, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Thanks all.
It is eye watering expensive - even NYC was cheaper !

Thought i bagged me a "bargain" today , £733 for 3 nights at the Marriott Downtown. - some bargain ahem ... and now i realise i forgot the taxes and £25 a night parking fee so more like £900. I think we will be staying in a tent in the Smokies, Nashville is blowing the budget big style.

CrispyA - we have gone for the Grand Cypress Lodge in Memphis as its just the one night- i had fancied the Peabody and nearly passed out at the price ..

Mary A - thanks , I looked at those two, they were even dearer than the Marriott

avibelle - oops about the camera ! Hubby wants to stay on or near Broadway so we can ditch the car , that does limit the choice somewhat .. and of course means a taxi to the Opry , more cost

I thought the West Coast was pricey when we did that, Florida certainly spoils you in terms of expectations. I never imagined Tennesssee would be quite so expensive.

Good job these birthdays with a zero at the end only come up once a decade !
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 17, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

I popped back on to say I went on trivago late last night to look at those suggestions again... The Comfort Inn ( Gulch area) came out around £300 cheaper overall and with No parking fee and a free breakfast. For that price we can face a 30 minute walk into the Downtown area , I don't think the convenience of the Courtyard really is worth all that extra money. So we are now paying £630 for three nights in a King room instead of £900 ...

Plus we figured we won't be in the room much and would really prefer to spend the extra on a nice mountain cabin the next week rather than a room we are hardly in.

Will keep looking though to see if any late deals come up nearer the time. You never know !
Old 4 Feb 17, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
CrispyA
Imagineer

I think the exchange rate is hitting us really hard - everything is more expensive:-(
CrispyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 17, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by CrispyA View Post
I think the exchange rate is hitting us really hard - everything is more expensive:-(
Definitely more noticeable in some places - still finding some good deals in Orlando but then we arent doing the parks so happy to stay a little further out

Today I booked the Holiday Inn at Vanderbilt for £730 so I have three hotels now for the same dates and we are going to sit down and look at the pros and cons of each of them for the price .
Old 5 Feb 17, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
disneywiseowl
VIP Dibber

disneywiseowl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Did you look at the Holiday Inn Express Opryland I mentioned ( on your other thread)?
It's great value for money imo & has a good downtown/Gaylord shuttle service.

(If you're in Opry Mills at a mealtime, there's a Disney style restaurant called 'Aquarium'. The food is good for a themed restaurant).

Edited at 05:03 PM. Reason: Just thought of something!
disneywiseowl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 17, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by disneywiseowl View Post
Did you look at the Holiday Inn Express Opryland I mentioned ( on your other thread)?
It's great value for money imo & has a good downtown/Gaylord shuttle service.
i think I did but because it was Opryland, discounted it ... totally ignoring the downtown shuttle thing ! Off to look now