Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 12 Nov 18, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Pumpkin
Imagineer

Day 3: Disney Resort Christmas Tree Trail Part 1 / Hibiscus & Holly At The Poly 2017

Day 3: Disney Resort Christmas Tree Trail Part 1
Art of Animation / Pop Century / Caribbean Beach / Old Key West / Port Orleans French Quarter / Lunch at Sassagoula Float Works & Food Factory / Port Orleans Riverside / Wilderness Lodge / Dinner from Captain Cook’s
December 9, 2017

Regular readers of my trip reports know that I take a lot of photos, and that I can't possibly include them all!
You will be able to find all of the photos from Hibiscus & Holly At The Poly 2017 in my Flickr Collection of albums from this trip.
To see just today’s extra photos, you can view this Flickr Album.
You can find my Hibiscus & Holly At The Poly 2017 Trip Index here.

As soon as we booked this trip to visit Walt Disney World at Christmas time, I decided that at the very top of the agenda was to visit all of the Resorts to see all of the Disney Christmas trees, as well as their decorations. I also wanted to make sure that I got a map from every resort too.

Of course we wanted to see the decorations at the Disney Parks and at Disney Springs – but it was the Resorts I really wanted to check out the most. We have visited a fair few Disney Resorts over the years for dining reservations, but not all; so I thought this was the perfect opportunity!

On Disney’s website they list their current Disney Resort Hotels at 25; however, 11 are DVC Villas, so remove those, and also the Campgrounds and Cabins at Fort Wilderness (which we didn’t visit). Add back in the DVC Resorts that are also regular Disney Resorts too… *counts on fingers* …that’s 18 Disney Resorts that we visited, which is essentially all of the current ones (minus Fort Wilderness, oh and plus Bay Lake Towers)… with me?! I hope so!

On the first of our Disney Resort Christmas Tree Trails, we visited: Art of Animation, Pop Century, Port Orleans French Quarter, Port Orleans Riverside, Old Key West, Caribbean Beach, and Wilderness Lodge.

I figured the best way to do the Disney Christmas trees and decorations tours would be to devote a section to each Resort. Some resorts we only did a quick passing through (for one reason or another) and others we either stopped longer to grab some food, or to look around the Resort a bit more.

Each Resort had its main Christmas tree – of varying sizes – you know which one it is because of the Happy Holidays sign next to it. Some Disney Resorts had two or more Christmas trees dotted about. In addition there were garlands, and wreaths; and some had decorations in their stores too. It was amazing to see how very different, and well themed all the decorations were.

Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
Our first stop was Disney’s Art of Animation Resort – a Disney Value Resort. We stayed here for a night back in 2015 when on our Halloween In The Wilderness trip, before we became DVC Members.

Even though we only spent one night here, we really liked it, and thought it was a fun Disney Resort for families. The whole place is bright and colourful, and as you can imagine, their decorations were the same!

I loved that the tree was white with brightly coloured baubles as it reminded me of our tree back home in England. Ours doesn’t have quite as many ornaments, but it won’t be too far from it after a few more holidays to Disney!

Aside from the abundance of baubles, nestled in amongst the branches were animation sketches (Art of Animation remember – clever theming!) which I thought was a lovely nod to the name of the Resort.

The garlands and wreaths hung around were also white with brightly coloured baubles, and even the shop – Ink & Paint had some decorations too. Naturally, whilst in said shop I did a spot of Disney merch shopping… we bought some pins, some tins of Disney Coffee and Cocoa, a Genie mug, and a few sweet treats to take home as gifts.

Liam popped into Landscape of Flavors – the Resort’s Food Court – to fill up his Resort Mug; and we then said farewell to Art of Animation. We didn’t bother to look around the Resort because of staying here in the past.

Disney’s Pop Century Resort is just next to Art of Animation, so it’s where we headed next. But before I tell you about that, can I just talk about the weather which took a turn for the worse today?

It was absolutely freezing. Okay, that might be a bit of an exaggeration, but considering yesterday was a hot 28°C, this morning we woke up to 15°C – OMG! We were all wearing jeans and jumpers today! I knew that December’s weather would be a bit mixed, but didn’t expect to be actually wearing a jumper!

Further more, it got colder for the next few days, to the point where I was actually wearing not just a jumper, but also a long sleeve top underneath, gloves and ear muffs! One night Steve had to go and buy a blanket from a store while we waited for the Christmas Parade! I was that cold! I do feel the cold, plus being on my ECV and not moving about meant I felt it even more.

I bought the Minnie Mouse Ear Muffs from Disneyland Paris when we visited for Christmas weekend in 2015. I was stopped quite frequently when I wore them to be asked where I bought them from – met with disappointed awws, when I said they were from Paris! Here’s me ready to pop outside this evening!

Disney’s Pop Century Resort
Okay. Back to Disney’s Pop Century Resort – a Disney Value Resort. We have never stepped foot in this Resort before, and unfortunately didn’t take much of a look around other than the decorations. Will have to POP (ho ho!) back again one day.

A more traditional looking tree at Pop Century – green with multi-coloured fairy lights; candy canes, big shiny baubles, Santa, snowmen and elf baubles, and big red ribbons. A lovely tree for sure; but I would have expected to see it adorned with more pop culture paraphernalia like Rubik’s Cubes, Star Wars figurines and yo-yos etc.

We popped into the Everything Pop Shop for a look around, and then decided we would buy a fridge magnet from every Resort that we visited. I also bought a pin or two (I have quite the obsession with collecting Disney stuffs! )

Other than that, there isn’t much more to say, so I’ll round out this section with the rest of my Pop Century Christmas decorations.

Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
Next on our Christmas tree trail was Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort – a Disney Moderate Resort.

We have never been to this resort, but there was (and still is at the time of writing) a lot of refurbishments going on, so we literally found the lobby (which was absolutely packed as the Magic Express had just pulled up, and seemed really teeny-tiny compared with other Disney hotel lobbies) took pics of the trees (which were two small ones either side of the doors) and left. We will have to pop back at some stage and have a proper look around.

The Christmas tree at Caribbean Beach had a totally tropical vibe with colourful ribbons, aquatic life ornaments and topped off with orchids, lilies, and birds of paradise. The trees at this Disney Resort were the smallest we saw of all of them. Maybe that’s why they had two!

Disney’s Old Key West Resort
Next on our list, was the very first Disney Resort we ever stayed at – Disney’s Old Key West Resort. It is classed as Deluxe Villas as it is a Disney Vacation Club (DVC) Resort; however rooms that are not being used by DVC Members are rented to regular guests.

Another tropical theme for the Christmas decor at Old Key West. The lobby here is also smaller than others, so a smaller tree here too (but not as small as the ones at Caribbean Beach!) I really loved this Disney Christmas tree with all the cute fish ornaments (can you spy Dory and Nemo?), hibiscus and other tropical flowers and foliage, multicoloured lights and baubles, and some really funny aquatic ornaments which I can’t really describe, but you’ll see from the pictures below!

The theming of the lobby tree and the garlands and wreaths were all very different. I really love the purple and turquoise colours!

We stayed at Old Key West in 2014, so we only took a look at the decorations before moving onto the next Resort. I was chatting to a Cast Member in the lobby who suggested to take a look at the other tree they had in the Conch Flats Community Hall. Now, even though we stayed here back in 2014, we didn’t even see this. Inside this building are complimentary activities like pool and foosball. Have to say, as soon as we stepped in, it felt very much like the local pub where everyone looks around at you! I quickly snapped a picture of the tree and got out!

We stopped by Good’s Food To Go to top up Liam’s refillable Resort Mug, but didn’t bother with going into the Resort store as I already had magnets and pins from our first visit all those years back.

OKW '14 | DxDDP '14 + Food Only 1 | Villa '13 | Villa '11 | DLP '10
Mrs Pumpkin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 18, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Pumpkin
Imagineer

Disney’s Port Orleans – French Quarter
I am obsessed with wanting to visit New Orleans, Louisiana (NOLA) for Mardi Gras, and at the moment the closest I can get to that is visiting Disney’s Port Orleans – French Quarter, where it is Mardi Gras every day! Port Orleans – French Quarter (POFQ) is a Disney Moderate Resort.

You enter the Resort into a courtyard setting, with a fountain in the middle (with coins, and colourful doubloons tossed in!), pots full of flowers, benches, and Mardi Gras decor. On one side is the lobby area and Resort store – Jackson Square Gifts & Desires (I guess the courtyard might be called Jackson Square?). And on the other side is the Resort’s Quick/Counter Service Restaurant – Sassagoula Floatworks & Food Factory.

There is of course all the Christmas trees and decorations, but I’ll talk about those in a moment!

As it was nearing lunchtime as we arrived at POFQ, we decided to have some food at Sassagoula Floatworks & Food Factory before having a proper look around. POFQ is a Disney Resort that I have always wanted to stay at. But, it’s not a DVC Resort so we are unable to use our points here *sad face*.

Disney has a background story for pretty much every location at Walt Disney World, and Sassagoula Floatworks & Food Factory (SFFF) is a converted warehouse that stores Mardi Gras props during the off season. It would seem though that the restaurant had an update a couple years ago, and a lot of the props have now been taken down (which is such shame – have a search online to see how it used to look – big, bold and totally NOLA!)

All that is left hanging are some Mardi Gras beads and a few of the float works…

Breakfast, lunch, and dinner is served at SFFF, and as I said, we stopped by for lunch. It is set out with different food sections called shops – I took a few (rubbish, so not included here) photos, and there was a Po’Boy Shop, a Pizza & Pasta Shop, a Grill Shop, and a Bakery Shop. You order and pick up your food from whichever shop you like, go to multiple if you want to, and then you pay at the check-out tills.

There are also fridges with drinks, and other grab-and-go foods. It is quite a standard Disney Resort Food Court style set up. A lot of the food has a New Orleans / Mardi Gras flair; but you can buy regular dishes like burgers, pasta, pizza etc.

Steve and I both opted for Po’Boys which is a traditional Louisiana sandwich. Liam of course had a burger. For dessert we shared a box of beignets, and I snagged a mini King Cake. We also picked up a bag of crisps

The food was really good – but the service behind the counters was not. It was really slow, and the Cast Members were pretty miserable – not letting the good times roll at all!

Sassagoula Floatworks & Food Factory

Main Course...

Me: Daily Po’ BoysShrimp or Catfish dressed with lettuce, tomato, and remoulade ($10.99)

Him: Daily Po’ Boys – Shrimp or Catfish dressed with lettuce, tomato, and remoulade ($10.99) + Cup of Gumbo – Rich stew containing chicken, sausage, okra and spices ($4.39)

The Boy: Bacon Cheeseburger – House-smoked Bacon and Cheddar Cheese on a Broiche Bun and choice of two: french fries, coleslaw, potato chips, and macaroni salad ($12.99)

Dessert...

Me: Mardi Gras King Cake ($5.49)

Us: French Quarter Beignets – Six Beignets ($6.49)

They now serve Mickey-shaped beignets at SFFF – it was just regular shaped ones when we visited. There was enough powdered sugar on this pile of six to cover about a dozen more! They cooked these fresh to order so you know they’re got to be all yummy and warm. They’re deep fried and covered in sugar – what is there not to love about them?!

Oh, and Tables in Wonderland is accepted here, but we either forgot to show our card, or didn't realise we could use it here. If you have a TiW card, it is always worth asking if it is accepted as it gives you a 20% discount on food and drink (including alcohol!)

Sassagoula Floatworks & Food Factory » Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter

Bill: $52.43 + Tax: $3.41 + Tip: $0 = $55.84
TiW Discount: $0

Total paid: $55.84

And now onto the Disney Christmas trees and decorations at Port Orleans French Quarter! Given my aforementioned love of New Orleans and Mardi Gras, the decorations at POFR were some of my favourites.

There were actually four trees in the courtyard area – two on either side of the doors at both ends. They were all very festive, with a Mardi Gras theme, decorated with beads, masks, and fleur-de-lis, as well as brightly coloured ornaments and ribbons. The trees sat atop a stand covered in purple crushed velvet.

The colours of Mardi Gras – purple, green and gold were used a lot, as well as pink, red, and harlequin patterned ornaments. I also love the huge gem ornaments that were dotted about too.

In short, the POFR trees were amazing and I would totally have this style up in my house if I didn’t already have a heavily invested in Disney ornaments tree!

We then ventured outside to have a look around. It was pretty cold by now and so there was not a soul in the swimming pool – called the Doubloon Lagoon. The lifeguard was on duty though, wrapped up in a fleece and hat!

The pool had a huge sea serpent wrapping its way around the edges, with a water slide coming out of its mouth, and King Neptune sitting atop its head. We all agreed it was a pretty cool looking feature. Other decor around the Resort were jazz playing alligators – laissez le bon temps rouler! (Let the good times roll)

We didn’t explore very much more, mainly because of the weather, so we popped into the Resort store – Jackson Square Gifts & Sundries where I bought some [more] pins (I know, I’ve got a problem!) and had a good old chat with the Cast Member behind the counter.

The wreaths hanging outside the entrance to the POFR lobby courtyard area were very different in style. They had a lovely autumnal feel to them with velvet fruit ornaments – apples, pears, and grapes, as well as baubles in rusty shades of copper and gold. Just gorgeous. 10/10 for the decor at Port Orleans French Quarter from me!

Disney’s Port Orleans – Riverside
Right next door to Port Orleans French Quarter (and you can walk between the two) is Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside – a Disney Moderate Resort.

By now it was starting to spit with rain, so we didn’t actually explore very much at Port Orleans Riverside (POR), which is a shame as I hear it is a lovely resort. We literally just looked at the decorations, popped in Fultons General Store. I just remembered that some of the Resorts were selling special pins for the holidays, which was always an excuse to go look at the merch!

The tree at POR was the biggest one we had seen so far today. It was covered with white lights, and quite traditional in decor. Blue, gold, red, and green baubles dotted about, along with some bows, fleur-de-lis, and flowers – by the looks of it hydrangeas, and maybe magnolias and orchids? We also saw our first Chanukiah for one of the other seasonal holidays – Chanukah. I am pretty sure we also saw a Kinara for Kwanzaa at Animal Kingdom Lodge. So when they say Happy Holidays in the US, this is why.

Fultons General Store is a good size Resort shop and had a very cool animatronic feature in the middle of it with Huey, Dewey, and Louie; and Chip and Dale all causing mayhem for Donald Duck. And then there is another one with two little Mickey Mouse characters (are they his sons? his nephews?) squeezing the bellows into a iron stove – which then blows soot into Goofy’s face! Not seen anything like this in any other Disney Resort Store before (I don’t think) so it makes it rather unique.

The Christmas decor in here had a old country vibe to it, a style I also love. After making our purchases we had one final Disney Resort to end the day!

Mrs Pumpkin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 18, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Pumpkin
Imagineer

Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
We ended the first of our Disney Resort Christmas Tree Trails by visiting Disney’s Wilderness Lodge – a Disney Deluxe Resort, and a Disney Vacation Club Resort with Boulder Ridge Villas and Copper Creek Villas & Cabins.

I love, love, LOVE Wilderness Lodge. I remember the first time seeing the lobby and it took my breath away. We stayed here in 2015 – Halloween In The Wilderness – and it was awesome. We are going back to stay here for a few nights on our 2019 trip (at Boulder Ridge Villas since we are DVC Members) and I can not wait!

I have known that the Disney Christmas tree at Wilderness Lodge is huge. Whether it is the biggest one of all the Resorts, I don’t know, but it might well be! Photos do not do it justice at all, and seeing it in real life is something else. I would love to come back and stay here for Christmas and just sit in the lobby with a cup of hot chocolate and look at the tree!

We’ve established that the tree is huge – but so are some of the ornaments! It is themed perfectly for the lodge setting, with both Native American artefacts, and rustic natural elements nestled amongst the branches, alongside bright white lights, poinsettias and colourful shiny baubles. I adore the look of the style of the Wilderness Lodge Christmas tree!

As you can see in the photos, there are some garlands strung across the balconies, and a lovely wreath hangs above the grand fireplace (which, by the way, is 82 feet high and the layers mimic the rock structure and strata of the Grand Canyon from rim to river, representing 2,000 billion years of geologic history.) As someone who loves nature, this girl feels right at home in Wilderness Lodge.

I took a LOT of photos of this Disney Christmas tree – simply because there was so much to see on it (and because it was such a beautiful tree!)

So far we’ve seen lighted teepee ornaments, canoes, bags, wood cuttings and carvings, drums, arrows, and antlers. There are various animals and birds tucked into the branches too! I spotted a blue bird, a bear and an owl.

Over by the window at the back of the lobby was this Bear Country display that is made from CHOCOLATE! A plaque sitting on the table next to it reads:

Bear Country

The inspiration for this display was the Walt Disney True-Life Adventures series movie Bear Country, which won an Academy Award in 1954. The entire display is made out of 75 pounds of white chocolate and is completely edible. All the figures were sculptured and molded by hand. The scene was sprayed and hand-painted with colors made from cocoa butter mixed with edible candy and food coloring.

60 LBS WHITE CHOCOLATE
15 LBS MOLDING CHOCOLATE
5 LBS COCOA BUTTER
A TOUCH OF PIXIE DUST!

Brought to you for your enjoyment this Holiday Season by Walt Disney World Pastry Chefs Bridget Watkins and Erich Herbischceck

*Don’t tell Humphrey the Bear that the other bears are in his favorite fishing spot!*

There was also another [much] smaller tree next to the Bear Country display. This tree had a rustic and lumberjack theme to it with black and red checked ribbons, poinsettias, little oil lanterns, acorns, pinecones, and animal ornaments.

Nearby was this display of three bears – somewhere to sit for a photo op too! And I’ll also share a couple of other details from Wilderness Lodge itself because they are cool – like the big light features hanging from the ceiling!

We spotted another tree in one of the corners of the lobby, and above the entrance was a display of reindeer lights which looked awesome.

We didn’t bother with touring the Resort, other than the lobby since we’ve stayed here in the past… so here are the final photos for Disney’s Wilderness Lodge.

Oh, and as we left Disney’s Wilderness Lodge we saw our first Minnie Van! These red and white polka dot cars are Disney-owned, and Disney operated. The Minnie Van service works with the Lyft app. Simply open the app from anywhere within Walt Disney World Resort to access Minnie Van service, request a ride and pay for it through the app. Cars are usually minutes away.
  • Prices vary based on distance traveled from pick-up location to requested destination within Walt Disney World Resort.
  • You’ll see the total cost and pay for the service conveniently through the Lyft app.

I have heard that the Minnie Vans are pricey – compared with a regular Lyft (or Uber, or Mears Taxi) but you’re paying for that Disney Magic!

By now it was early evening (it’s amazing that we spent the whole day just visiting Disney Resorts!) so we drove back Home to Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort where Liam went quickly back to our room to chill out, while Steve and I, you guessed it, went into Bou-Tiki!

I’ll share a photo again of our Home Resort’s tree, but I do believe I have more photos of it further into this trip report.

I mentioned earlier about the special Christmas Pins for each Disney Resort – we only found out about them when at Port Orleans – and naturally, as a Disney Pin collector, had to have them. However, they were limited edition, and Poly had actually sold out. Gutted! As it turns out, we only bought four of them – the one from POFQ, plus ones from Coronado Springs, Saratoga Springs and Yacht Club. It was either because they had sold out, didn’t have them for sale, or I didn’t particularly like the design. I do have most of the merch I bought on this trip (mainly Pins!) all in a box together, so I will have to do a video of them and pop that in when I have filmed it!

How cute is the Stitch and Scrump poster above? About to enjoy a Dole Whip by the looks of it! I did notice with the prints, you could buy postcards of some of them which is pretty cool.

The photo below of the basket seat is from this morning, but I didn’t put it at the start because it didn’t really fit. It doesn’t really fit here either – ha! – but I wanted to show it because I LOVE this seat and want to sneak it into my luggage to bring it home! In the DVC Longhouses there is a small lobby area with two of these seats, as well as a sofa and two armchairs opposite. They have a fab retro 60s/70s vibe to them – as does the whole resort. It’s one of the things I really love about Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort!

Old 12 Nov 18, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Pumpkin
Imagineer

Dinner tonight was from Capt. Cooks which is the Quick/Counter Service at Poly.

Capt. Cooks

Main Course...

Me: Big Kahuna Sandwich – Turkey, Ham, Salami, Roast Beef, Swiss, Lettuce, Tomato on Focaccia with Red Pepper Spread served with choice of French Fries, House-made Chips, Asian Slaw or Steamed Vegetables ($11.29)

Him: Pan Asian Noodles and Vegetables with Chicken ($9.99)

The Boy: 1/3 lb Angus Bacon Cheeseburger – with American Cheese, Lettuce and Tomatoes, served with choice of French Fries, House-made Chips, Asian Slaw or Steamed Vegetables ($12.49)

I don’t have a photo of Liam’s burger – but to be fair, the standard bacon cheeseburger at Disney’s Quick/Counter Service Restaurants all look pretty much the same. The photo of one below is from Disney’s Vero Beach Resort (where we stayed in 2016) so that you get to at least see a picture of a burger! The one from Capt. Cook’s would have been similar, just without the pickle.

Dessert...

Me: Seasonal Cupcake – Moana Cupcake ($5.99)

Another cupcake for me! The Moana cupcake was coconut flavoured with blue icing piped in waves, a green dome (to represent the Heart of Te Fiti maybe?), a couple of sugarpaste flowers, and a sugarpaste cut out with a print of Moana herself. There was also some toasted coconut on top. It was a good cupcake!

Capt. Cook's, Disney's Polynesian Village Resort

Bill: $39.76 + Tax: $2.59 + Tip: 0 = $42.35
TiW Discount: $n/a

Total paid: $42.35

And after that mammoth write up, the day is over! I hope you enjoyed seeing all the different Disney Christmas trees and decorations – lots more to come in the coming days of my Hibiscus & Holly At The Poly Trip Report 2017! I wonder if we ever did see any holly?!

Tomorrow we are over at Animal Kingdom to see the new land: Pandora – The World of Avatar. And in the evening we take a walk over to Grand Floridian to see the huge Gingerbread House.

Read about the day after:
Day 4: Night Blossom & Gingerbread
Animal Kingdom / Breakfast at Tusker House / Pandora – The World of Avatar / Snack from Satu’li Canteen / Drink from Pongu Pongu / Gingerbread House & Christmas Tree at Grand Floridian

Read about the day before:
Day 2: Tonight We Feast!
Magic Kingdom / Character Breakfast at Crystal Palace / Polynesian Twilight Feast (In-Room Dining)

Read ALL the days!

Edited at 07:06 PM.
Old 12 Nov 18, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

Those trees and decorations are fantastic, there's so much variety and detail. You've got me feeling all Christmassy now!
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 18, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Pumpkin
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Palm trees View Post
Those trees and decorations are fantastic, there's so much variety and detail. You've got me feeling all Christmassy now!
I felt the same way writing it up! I really want to have this whole thing done before the year ends so we can feel all the Christmas love!
Old 12 Nov 18, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Aaahhh, this has made me so excited for our trip next year! We're staying at POFQ in November
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 18, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Pumpkin
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer81 View Post
Aaahhh, this has made me so excited for our trip next year! We're staying at POFQ in November
OMG, I'm so jel! Really want to stay at POFQ, but would have to sell DVC points to do it
Old 13 Nov 18, 06:51 AM  
Link to this Post
disneywiseowl
VIP Dibber

disneywiseowl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Gorgeous photos again. POFQ is my fav too. I love its smaller size as I find the larger hotels a bit overpowering now I’m getting older 🙁. I like its colourful decor too (I love NOLA. It’s just so full of life! If you went to the Mardi Gras warehouse there, you’d have to allow a full day just for your photos. )

Hmmm.
My daughter collects masks - I wonder if we could have a Mardi Gras tree this year. Nah. Every blooming ornament we’ve ever bought has to go on a tree.
disneywiseowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 18, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Pumpkin
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disneywiseowl View Post
Gorgeous photos again. POFQ is my fav too. I love its smaller size as I find the larger hotels a bit overpowering now I’m getting older 🙁. I like its colourful decor too (I love NOLA. It’s just so full of life! If you went to the Mardi Gras warehouse there, you’d have to allow a full day just for your photos. )

Hmmm.
My daughter collects masks - I wonder if we could have a Mardi Gras tree this year. Nah. Every blooming ornament we’ve ever bought has to go on a tree.
I really hope we get to visit one day... during Mardi Gras if possible

POFQ is just lovely, full of character and charm.

I culled my old Christmas tree decorations a couple of years back, and it is now solely my Disney and other Orlando stuff Tree! Plus a few sentimental ornaments!