Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 2 Apr 19, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
ashchall95
Helping Mickey

ashchall95's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile Star wars land affect holiday?

Were going back to Florida this year on the 1st of September for 2 weeks, we have just realised star wars land opens on the 29th of August 2 days before.

Does anyone know roughly how busy it will be and if it will dramatically effect wait times and overall busyness?

We was hoping we were going on a quieter month as last year we booked for November, forgetting about thanks giving and the wait times were sooo long!

TIA 😁😁
Old 2 Apr 19, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
The opening in California should give some idea but no one really knows but expect it to be busy .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 19, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather
Imagineer

Expect HS to be manic but although it may make the other parks busier it might also mean they’re quieter as everyone will be at Galaxy’s edge!
Old 3 Apr 19, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post

We also booked September thinking it would be quiet. I think there is little chance of that now. I am not convinced that other parks will be quiet, if people are timing trips to see GE they are bound to go to the other parks at some point.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 19, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

In my opinion, everything will be busier as HS will reach capacity so there were be overflow. I think only HS will be insane. I'm over there from the 16th September and trying to limit exposure but I'm expecting crowds to be higher than they usually are for that time of year. Star Wars weekends that used to be on in May always meant that the parks in general were busier around those weekends as people would go to the SW stuff but also other areas. How insane it will be I think after May 31st and we see reports on the crowds in California it will give more of an idea as to how bad WDW is likely to be
Old 3 Apr 19, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
ashchall95
Helping Mickey

ashchall95's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
In my opinion, everything will be busier as HS will reach capacity so there were be overflow. I think only HS will be insane. I'm over there from the 16th September and trying to limit exposure but I'm expecting crowds to be higher than they usually are for that time of year. Star Wars weekends that used to be on in May always meant that the parks in general were busier around those weekends as people would go to the SW stuff but also other areas. How insane it will be I think after May 31st and we see reports on the crowds in California it will give more of an idea as to how bad WDW is likely to be
wont comparing it to may be a bit inaccurate as there are alot more schools off then ?
ashchall95 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 19, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
ashchall95
Helping Mickey

ashchall95's Reviews
Mobile

we also have tickets for universal hopefully that's not going to be too impacted.

Really worried this is going to ruin our holiday, we booked in Feb for September as last year we went at a very busy time. As much as I like star wars I'm really concerned about its effects on the rest of the parks
Old 3 Apr 19, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by ashchall95 View Post
wont comparing it to may be a bit inaccurate as there are alot more schools off then ?
Not really , if you love Star Wars then you would probably try to be at the opening of both to say you were there. Star Wars has a huge following of the 35-50 age group and the hype is more around the wdw imo. You only have to read articles on it to see how popular this is go g to be , it’s off the chart .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 19, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

A lot of locals are hugely excited about GE and you'll also get diehard SW fans who will fly in regardless of cost for the opening (that forty something fan demographic tends to have more disposable income) so the Studios will be massively impacted , the other parks not so much but we were at WDW early September last year and it was pretty busy anyway. The Studios are one of my favourite parks (you always have a soft spot for your first park) but I think I'd just focus on getting early fast passes there and play that day by ear with a contingency plan like a waterpark for later in the day. I'd only plan on eating at the Studios if I had an ADR too.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 19, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Tangled
Apprentice Imagineer

Expect chaos and then anything less is a bonus. Plan your time and use your fastpasses, that's all you can really do.
* Tarpon Springs '07 * New York '07 * Hampton Lakes '09 * Mission Park March '11 * Four Corners Sep '11 * Dream Castle DLP December '12 * Florida Pines '14 & Grand Floridian Everglades Suite! * New York City...Surprise 30th December '14 * Lindfields & Grand Floridian September '15 * 1st trip with our little lady! WDW September '17 * DLP February ‘18 * 3 wks POR September '19 *
Miss_Tangled is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List