Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 26 Jun 19, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
That’s lovely Sam and yes straight from the heart , good luck to lily , she will love it 😘
Hope so Sam , she’s been there for an extra visit today and really enjoyed it... we are good to go more or less , cost us a small fortune kitting her out... she looks so grown up in her new uniform
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Jagmate
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
We are into the final countdown now for my daughter to leave junior school, 1 week to go eek ... pressies bought for teacher and a card for her to write but as a special thankyou I’ve made a staff room pack up with chocolates, coffee, sugar , tea, biscuits etc for them all to share and a thankyou card but I’m stuck on what to write, I don’t want it to be overly mushy but they have been on the whole great with her this last few years, she has autism and anxiety and had a few trying times over the years that school really helped with , I want to acknowledge that and them know we are very grateful for all the support but my minds gone blank, I’m sat down with card now , had a little cry daft moo that I am but just can’t put the words together so thought I’d ask you guys for any ideas ... I’m usually good at rattling lol but I’m really stuck on this , thanks xx
Oh my goodness! How lovely! I work as a member of support staff in a nearby local primary school and I can honestly say that if this was delivered to our staff room, we would all be so touched at your thinking of us and would be weeping buckets! We're an emotional bunch anyway at this time of the year as we look towards our Year 6s moving on to pastures new and I'm sure they are similar at your school. I agree with others that what you've written on here is perfect for what you could put in the card. As long as you speak from the heart, there won't be a dry eye in the house and I'm sure that they will have fond memories of spending time with your daughter as well. Let us know how it goes x
Jagmate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 19, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
bearandbuzz
Apprentice Imagineer

bearandbuzz's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
I too am support staff at a primary school. It’s so lovely to see cards like this in our staff room as, at some point or another, we have all helped the children grow from teeny Reception children to mature year 6’s. Some of the most poignant cards are those which are written from the heart like yours and are very much appreciated.

Our magic moment as Grand Marshall's in 2013
WL August 2014 The solo(ish) trip - August 2014
BC August 2016 If it ain't broke, don't fix it - August 2016
Villa 2018 - A change of scene - August 2018
bearandbuzz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List