Notices

Old 31 Aug 19, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
Would that not violate the laws on price-gouging when a state of emergency has been declared?
It would if there prices have been lower for the last 30 days, can easily be reported but I guess people are to concerned about getting gas.

Price Gougers should be closed down.
Old 31 Aug 19, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsgiggs
VIP Dibber

Just come back from shop we are due to fly Monday Manchester with TC. The latest statement is flights still going out Monday but will be subject to delays. Can amend for free so have asked to see if we can go Wednesday or Thursday cutting our holiday short a couple of days.
mrsgiggs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 19, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
minniecassie
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Just an update on the service received from VH. We were due to fly tomorrow but I phoned yesterday and straightaway was told I could rearrange the flight and holiday to come back before 30th September. However, there were no direct flights available before the 9th so I have changed to an indirect flight on the 6th via Atlanta and returning on the 20th via JFK. Got the same apartments and they were very helpful and probably have spent a total of just short of 4 hours on the phone to them but they were also on hold themselves talking to Aviation and Virgin Atlantic. We couldn't go later due to daughter going back to Uni but this might help someone else.
Everyone I spoke to there was great and trying to be as helpful as they can but you just have to be patient when you ring.
minniecassie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 19, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
LisaJB
Gone all Goofy

I didnt get that type of response, I'd go now if i could, i was just told to wait they'll contact me
LisaJB is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 19, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Kelly1234
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by herby247 View Post
Did they charge them?
Yes, no problem!
Kelly1234 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 19, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
minniecassie
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Originally Posted by LisaJB View Post
I didnt get that type of response, I'd go now if i could, i was just told to wait they'll contact me
I obviously got in before they had made any decisions. Hopefully they will rebook you on a later flight or you could go on our original flight tomorrow as that is still flying.
minniecassie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 19, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
LisaJB
Gone all Goofy

Fingers crossed.
Old 31 Aug 19, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
voicon
Apprentice Imagineer

voicon's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Sorry if this has already posted, latest reports and predictions say Dorian is shifting east due to high pressure movement, it may not even make landfall in Florida now, although it will cause high winds and rain on the east coast.

If it doesnt make land it will remain a higher intensity though.
voicon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 19, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
LisaJB
Gone all Goofy

I keep hoping that it wont make land and MCO will reopen... so fingers crossed for the latest reports being accurate
Old 31 Aug 19, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Kelly1234
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thomas Cook have cancelled flights on Monday and Tuesday.
Kelly1234 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List