Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Nov 19, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Sunlightcaller
Gone all Goofy

I don't mind my first name but it was a problem when I was younger as my dad had the same first name. So I was always Peter and my dad was Pete. Now my dad has passed away I have shortened mine to Pete. I have a daughter now who we named Nikki. If it had been a boy I wanted to name him Damian but DW was adamantly against it. Can't see why 😈
Old 15 Nov 19, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
I actually love your name!
If I’m right then I think it’s lovely, writer known for an good equestrian bonk buster?!

I have mixed feelings about mine, I ended up getting called the boys name they had in mind, and I don’t mind Mitch, it’s unusual and I think kind of suits me in an odd way, but I detest the long version that my Mum insisted on. I have never been known as it, and even my bank and the driving license has the shortened version. Only really my passport which has the official one.
Keep thinking I should deed poll it, but I think it could cause confusion as I already have a deed poll from Claire, the girls name they decided on, before they realised it just didn’t suit. Nice name, but I would agree with them.
I went to school with a million Sarah’s, Laura’s, Becky’s, Vicky’s and Helen’s. Lots of Samantha, Francesca etc too. I definitely stood out and I never got a personalised key ring either
Old 15 Nov 19, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sunlightcaller View Post
I don't mind my first name but it was a problem when I was younger as my dad had the same first name. So I was always Peter and my dad was Pete. Now my dad has passed away I have shortened mine to Pete. I have a daughter now who we named Nikki. If it had been a boy I wanted to name him Damian but DW was adamantly against it. Can't see why 😈
My brother, husband and father in law have the same name! It can be confusing at times
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 19, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

Originally Posted by Unexpectedpenny View Post
My brother, husband and father in law have the same name! It can be confusing at times
My husband’s Dad was one of twin boys. They both had same length D names.
They each called their eldest son after their brother, and it is most confusing
Old 15 Nov 19, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
ASheppard
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

I love mine - Angelina
ASheppard is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 19, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Button17
Imagineer

Mines okay, can't be shortened. Would have liked my sister's name, Alex as it's unisex. Always wanted to be called Georgina from famous five when I was younger.
Button17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 19, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Sas
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Mines really common in my age group but I was actually named after my great grandma. I don't mind it but get really wound up when asked if its Sarah with a h, if it wasn't it would be a different name! My family shorten it to Sas x
Old 15 Nov 19, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Mine is just o.k. but always wanted to be called Katy!
Old 15 Nov 19, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Holidaylover19
VIP Dibber

Holidaylover19's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
I like mine, feel it suits me like a glove
Holidaylover19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 19, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

I like mine. It can be shortened but very rarely is and when people do they actually don’t go for the obvious full shorten but kinda a halfway shorten.

It was pretty unique growing up but no-body spelt it correctly (& they still don’t). Since reaching middle age I loads more adults have seemingly arrived at a 35+ age with the same name. We often laugh about where we all were when each other was a kid!

Both my kids have fairly unique names. One very unique and one that’s more well known but not widely used (I refused to name them anything in the top 50 list).

My husbands name absolutely ages him almost perfectly to the year he was born!