Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 May 20, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
We did it different ways:

LHR to Seattle for two nights then onto Hawaii (6 Oahu 3 Maui)
Back to LAX 6 nights Disneyland
San Diego 3 nights
Home LAX to LHR

That was built around having to be at Disneyland for those particular six days (expo and races) so not what I perhaps would have chosen otherwise.

The next time (my preference):

LHR to LAX to HNL all in one day - tiring but great to get it all out of the way

7 nights Oahu
7 nights BI
6 nights Maui

Then Maui to LAX, overnight stay then onward to LHR the next day. A bit hideous but the flight options were limited a bit.
I’ve been thinking about doing an overnight stay at one of the LAX hotels on the way back if we went with the plan of Disneyland, Maui, Waikiki, Aulani (the OH’s favourite way of doing it). I think it might work out a bit cheaper to have a return LAX flight too, and on the way back we could get a lunchtime flight HNL to LAX, landing around 8/9pm then check into one of the airport hotels before flying back the next day. There appears to be an in n out burger in walking distance of the LAX hotels

Edited at 03:35 PM.
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyArab
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
I’ve been thinking about doing an overnight stay at one of the LAX hotels on the way back if we went with the plan of Disneyland, Maui, Waikiki, Aulani (the OH’s favourite way of doing it). I think it might work out a bit cheaper to have a return LAX flight too, and on the way back we could get a lunchtime flight HNL to LAX, landing around 8/9pm then check into one of the airport hotels before flying back the next day. There appears to be an in n out burger in walking distance of the LAX hotels
Following with interest, have been interested in visiting Hawaii for a while.

We did disneyland as part of a California trip a couple of years ago. We had 5 nights and enjoyed doing both parks at a relaxing pace and revisiting our favourite attractions.

In and out burger was one of our favourites and my kids still crave one now. Personally I’d stop off at LAX just for one of their burgers 🍔 😉
DisneyArab is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

We jumped in a cab and spent the night in Trader Sams 😆

Some of the LAX hotels are in pretty grim areas. Would it be worth heading out to the coast for one night? You could be in a beachside hotel five miles later, and would make for a more pleasant final day before your flight home? Or a hotel in a mall? You can tell I’m not a fan of LAX hotels.
Old 28 May 20, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyArab View Post
Following with interest, have been interested in visiting Hawaii for a while.

We did disneyland as part of a California trip a couple of years ago. We had 5 nights and enjoyed doing both parks at a relaxing pace and revisiting our favourite attractions.

In and out burger was one of our favourites and my kids still crave one now. Personally I’d stop off at LAX just for one of their burgers 🍔 😉
I’m so excited to do Disneyland! I’m looking forward to doing 5 days at a relaxed pace too.
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Mobile

We jumped in a cab and spent the night in Trader Sams 😆

Some of the LAX hotels are in pretty grim areas. Would it be worth heading out to the coast for one night? You could be in a beachside hotel five miles later, and would make for a more pleasant final day before your flight home? Or a hotel in a mall? You can tell I’m not a fan of LAX hotels.
I can’t wait to go to trader sam’s!

I was thinking about coming back from Hawaii a day early and doing two nights at Venice Beach or Santa Monica? Have you been to either?
Old 28 May 20, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

I can’t wait to go to trader sam’s!

I was thinking about coming back from Hawaii a day early and doing two nights at Venice Beach or Santa Monica? Have you been to either?
Both yes but not to stay. I do completely recommend giving yourself something to look forward to on the way home, and a two night stay would give you that

I’m not particularly recommending the Trader Sams for the night thing, especially the way we did it!

Our flight from Maui to LAX got delayed and then the luggage thingys broke (honestly we are cursed with LAX!), then the traffic leaving LAX was gridlocked to the point that what is usually a $60 trip was well over $100. We finally got to our hotel, literally threw our bags in the room and raced to Trader Sams. I think we got there at about 10.45 😂 hence we stayed until they chucked us out! Most expensive night out ever when you factor in the Uber costs...!
Old 28 May 20, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Eeyorefanuk
Imagineer

We did it different ways:

LHR to Seattle for two nights then onto Hawaii (6 Oahu 3 Maui)
Back to LAX 6 nights Disneyland
San Diego 3 nights
Home LAX to LHR

That was built around having to be at Disneyland for those particular six days (expo and races) so not what I perhaps would have chosen otherwise.

The next time (my preference):

LHR to LAX to HNL all in one day - tiring but great to get it all out of the way

7 nights Oahu
7 nights BI
6 nights Maui

Then Maui to LAX, overnight stay then onward to LHR the next day. A bit hideous but the flight options were limited a bit.

Being totally stupid! Where is BI?
Old 28 May 20, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Eeyorefanuk
Imagineer

Your itinerary sounds lovely but I still feel night or 2 on way home if you don’t want do GC at the end (or could do 3/2 or 2/3)

I think Maui 5 lovely (not stayed but where you said is supposed be lovely)

Minimum 5 aulani (won’t want to leave). Cheesecake Factory opened reasonably close now in mall

Waikiki 3/4 if do not want do much site seeing and happy to go go go but not much spare time for the beach - pearl harbour?
Dukes on Sunday around 4/5pm live music on the patio - lovely vibe. People dancing

If want go dukes/their other restaurant sign up and mention honeymoon/birthday if can
Old 28 May 20, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Eeyorefanuk View Post
Being totally stupid! Where is BI?
Big Island Also known as Hawaii (though no one tends to call it that because people get confused with it being located in the state of Hawaii.

Not stupid, I was being lazy!
Old 28 May 20, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Eeyorefanuk
Imagineer

Big Island Also known as Hawaii (though no one tends to call it that because people get confused with it being located in the state of Hawaii.

Not stupid, I was being lazy!

DUR! Of course 😂 x