Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 29 May 20, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Mackenzies03 View Post
Not according to this page on DFB

disneyfoodblog/2020/...-reservations/

There’s a bit under the picture that’s says the 2021 is due to international bookings
I can’t see anything on that page that suggests people who have already rebooked will get the discount, where is it?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
lozkin
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by tink111 View Post
Very mixed feelings about this one!
Such a shame for everyone holding out hope this year.
For people rebooking its not the worst deal... but I think id rather keep my free dining really!
I knew I was cancelling Septembers holiday anyways due to us not having income over the past few months, I will wait now to see what else happens and rebook with the 35% of I suppose. I won't be going if things are still so restricted next year so im quite happy to loose my deposit on a transferred booking as I would loose it anyways not booking!
Will be good to see what things look like when its all a bit clearer.
For DIY bookers like me it’s a terrible deal. I either

A) stick to the original booking but lose free dining which for a family of 4 will add probably $1500 to our holiday

B) rebook but have to buy new flights

Either way I’m a significant amount of money down
lozkin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
I think all mentions of specific dates have been changed. Even more confusing now
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

We only just moved our stay from August with free dining to October with 10% off so missed out on 35% discount.
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
CosmicGirl
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by dsnylvr View Post
it says all bookings with free dining up until 30th september 2021 can rebook with the 35% discount 😕
Originally Posted by familygwales View Post
mmm.

It says on the announcement it is upto 26 sept 21 auto cancellation on ddp and refund, or 35% discount.

As you also need to have a reservation to get into a park on a specific day that's a difficult thing to manage.
Forget fastpasses for rides you need a pass to access the parks, and dining reservations from 60 out. And no fastpasses at all.

Going to be a challenge.

disneyfoodblog/wp-co...3ea6abc9b.jpeg

nobody is going to want to pay a fortune in advance to fly over there when you only get to find out if you can go in a park at 60 days out.

Can only hope it's a temp thing.
Originally Posted by mackenzies03 View Post
not according to this page on dfb

disneyfoodblog/2020/...-reservations/

there’s a bit under the picture that’s says the 2021 is due to international bookings
Something is not adding up, because no one in the world could have booked free dining for 2021 at this point, as no offers have been released anywhere for 2021. US packages for 2021 wouldn't even be released unil mid-June in a normal year. The only way to have a DP for 2021 right now is to have paid for it.

Originally Posted by lozkin View Post
i wonder if they will still try and uphold the 15% cancellation fee stated in their t&c if i decide these changes are too much for us to go ahead
Who are "they"? WDTC don't have a 15% cancellation fee if you're more than 8 days from check-in, which everyone is at this point.
CosmicGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Mackenzies03
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by CosmicGirl View Post
Something is not adding up, because no one in the world could have booked free dining for 2021 at this point, as no offers have been released anywhere for 2021. US packages for 2021 wouldn't even be released unil mid-June in a normal year. The only way to have a DP for 2021 right now is to have paid for it.

Who are "they"? WDTC don't have a 15% cancellation fee if you're more than 8 days from check-in, which everyone is at this point.
I have DDP which I have paid OOP for Jan 21 which I’m now expecting to be cancelled. Fine because I get my money back but we just like the convenience of DP’s
Old 29 May 20, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Something is not adding up, because no one in the world could have booked free dining for 2021 at this point, as no offers have been released anywhere for 2021. US packages for 2021 wouldn't even be released unil mid-June in a normal year. The only way to have a DP for 2021 right now is to have paid for it..
just posted this elsewhere but all mentions of a date have been removed. It now says end of the year. I didn't think it was right either.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
lozkin
Getting Excited

“DLP bookings (hotel and DLP ticket packages) - more than 61 days - 15% cancellation fee”

That’s the wording of the T&C from WDTC

Edited at 08:47 AM.
lozkin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
CosmicGirl
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by lozkin View Post
“DLP bookings (hotel and DLP ticket packages) - more than 61 days - 15% cancellation fee”

That’s the wording of the T&C from WDTC
With this being a WDW dining plan thread and seeing your ticker for Coronado I assumed you were talking about WDW.
CosmicGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
lozkin
Getting Excited

Mobile

With this being a WDW dining plan thread and seeing your ticker for Coronado I assumed you were talking about WDW.
Oh sorry ignore me, didn’t realise it was for all parks and I was reading about Paris. What an idiot!

Thank you for a bit of positivity this morning!