Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 5 Jun 20, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

Park Temperature Checks

We have no issue going in October but are worried about the possibility of parks still checking all guests temperatures prior to entry.

There is more than one reason to have a raised temperature and not just covid.

I have read Disney will turn anyone away with a temperature above 100 but have a feeling I have read another park will be above 98, but cant remember which one.

Im worried that with the heat and humidity this will affect readings. One year I had a 24 hour bug with a slight temperature. Would Disney block you from visiting for future visits also?
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
The Fatadder
Apprentice Imagineer

Our plan is to take our in ear thermometer with us, and do our own tempreture checks in the morning before heading to the park. (We are doing the same before school at the moment), my logic being that the in ear thermometer is more accurate than the ones they are using for the test, so if you are clear when checking at home you will be clear at the park.
We dont want to end up getting impacted by a one day spike in tempreture.
The Fatadder is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Minniesmiff
Excited about Disney

I can't see how it would be ethical to block you from all future visits especially as you say there could be any number of reasons to have a high temp. They make make a note on your ticket number for that visit though to stop people trying to re-enter a different park.
Minniesmiff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
I don't see the issue. If you have a temperature and, therefore, feel unwell then you shouldn't visit the parks. Certainly not in the current pandemic. Sure, the raised temperature could be due to something else but (a) you wouldn't know what it was so it could potentially be COVID-19, (b) you shouldn't be infecting people with whatever other virus you have, and (c) if you are unwell you really shouldn't be out and about anyway.

You have to have a temperature that is 100.4 F or above - that's the case at the main theme parks in Orlando. If the first reading shows a >100.4 temperature then you will be tested a second time with a different device (just to make sure the first device isn't abnormal). If this second reading is 100.4 or above, then you will be asked to leave. I believe everyone in your family will also be asked to leave.

It isn't a life ban. It's only a ban for that day. Although, clearly, you shouldn't go back to the park again whilst you - or anyone in your group - still has a temperature.

More info below...

Disney: disneyworld/experi...peratureChecks
Universal: universalorlando/web...it/safety-faqs
Seaworld: seaworld/orlando/park-info/park-safety/

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post

My opinion is that anyone concerned about their temperature, don't go to the park that day. And if you routinely have an elevated temperature, you may want to seriously reconsider coming to this country at all until things change.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

It's possible to have a raised temperature without feeling ill, having a virus etc.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
BTW, normal body temperature is 98.6 F. So I hope nowhere is checking for temperatures above 98 F because that would mean they stop pretty much everyone from entering.

Between 98.6 and 100.4 is considered a low grade fever. If you have a slight fever but not above 100.4 F then you'll be ok to enter.

Temperatures measured by a forehead scanner are usually slightly lower than temperatures measured orally or via the ear. So if it says you're 100.4 F via your forehead then your temperature would probably measure around 101 F via your mouth or ear.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
It's possible to have a raised temperature without feeling ill, having a virus etc.
If your temperature had raised by the amount indicated then you would have a fever. If you have a fever then you would probably feel unwell. Although, yes, it might not be due to a virus. However, I'm no medical doctor.

Still, whatever, the park rules at the moment are that if the scans of your forehead show you have a temperature of 100.4 F or above then you will not be allowed in. It doesn't matter what the cause.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Old 5 Jun 20, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Johngela13
Trainee Dibber

This really worries me as I am going through menopause and assume my temperature will be sky high during my flushes.

Does this worry anyone else?
Johngela13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

This has actually reassured me now that they take a promper secondary reading if required.

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
If the first reading shows a >100.4 temperature then you will be tested a second time with a different device (just to make sure the first device isn't abnormal).

Interestingly hot flashes can cause temperature to go down, even though the person my feel hotter. They usually only last short periods.
The internal body temperature shouldnt change to much, just the external temperature, so as the person above said, a secondary reading would fix this.

Originally Posted by Johngela13 View Post
This really worries me as I am going through menopause and assume my temperature will be sky high during my flushes.

Does this worry anyone else?
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List