Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 7 Jun 20, 02:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Scarla
VIP Dibber

'Once in a lifetime' trip - WDW onsite & DDP Feb 2019 - Day 9 Blizzard Beach & Ferrytale Fireworks

Hi & welcome to day 9.

The trip index can be found here

i had originally planned to go to HS today, however, after a week of full on parks we were all really shattered so decided to cancel all our FP's & headed to Blizzard beach instead for a chill-out day.

Original plan:
Fastpasses
Toy Story Midway Mania! at 9:20am
Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular! at 11:30am
Voyage of The Little Mermaid at 12:35pm

Happily Ever After Fireworks Dessert Cruise

As this was a chillout day, we took our time in the morning & headed to BB for about 10.30-11.00, however, when we arrived it was heaving so it took us a while to find a space with 4 loungers together fairly close to the pool so we could keep an eye on the kids.

Unfortunately, i also forgot my water-proof case for my phone so there are no pictures, however, as Scarla is not very confident in the water we spent most of the day going round the lazy river which we really enjoyed.

Alex had talked about doing the rides before we arrived, but chickened out on the day & spent most of his time between the lazy river with me & Scarla or the main wave pool with Pop.

Lunch was a QS meal of burgers & fries all round, after which the kids had a go at some of the game stalls outside the shops, one where they had to through a ball to win a little duck (this was a prize every time kinda game) so they were both overjoyed with their winnings

I would definitely recommend beach shoes when coming here, partly as the ground gets quite hot but also, the bottom of the pools can be quite rough in places, i found that a particular issue in the lazy river.

After a few hours we decided to head back to CBR to get changed & ready for our reservation for the Ferrrytale cruise, so left at about 15.00.

I think one thing i have learned about being on site & using the WDW transport is how long you spend travelling. We didn't get back to the room until gone 16.00 & needed to be at the TTC for 18.45, at the latest, for our cruise so i was a little bit panicky with everyone, especially Darren who wanted just to relax for a bit before going back out.

I finally managed to get everyone ready & out for about 17.15-17.30, however it was still a bit tight as we had to get the bus to MK, then the monorail to TTC & just about made it with about 10 mins to spare. Looking back i should have just used an Uber or Lyft, it would have saved a lot of hassle.

Prior to boarding there is a little fenced off area where they had provided food & drink that you could help yourself to, however, as we were one of the last to arrive there wasn't much left, still the kids managed to find some sweets.

The crew also give you a Mickey viewer, which is a Mickey shaped lanyard for watching the fireworks, it was really quite cool & you see lots of little Mickeys when you use it, it also has flashing lights so the kids loved it.

as this is a paid for event, $99 pa & $69 pc, it was not overly busy & i had booked it precisely for this reason as i wasn't sure how Scarla would be with the crowds so it was a way to enjoy the fireworks without worrying about her.

Both kids really enjoyed it, they have an ultraviolet scavenger hunt where they give the kids special torches & they have to find the hidden Mickey's around the boat which they both really enjoyed.

The food & drink was really great as well with special cocktails & cakes, however, as soon as the fireworks started they began clearing these away so there was nothing for the return to the dock so if i do this cruise again, i'll make sure i have stocked up before the fireworks begin

there was also a PP photographer who was getting shots of everyone

On the whole we all really enjoyed this & it was a very relaxed way to enjoy the fireworks so i would do this again. However, i do feel i missed out a bit on seeing the castle during the fireworks with the light show etc, so perhaps next time i may look at a viewing package in MK.

After this we all headed back to the room as we have a busy day in tomorrow as it is Princess Scarla's birthday, she was already wearing her badge

Thanks for reading, next up:

Day 10 - Scarla's Bibbidi Bobbidi Birthday

Feb 2019 - 2 weeks onsite at CBR with DDP
Oct 2022 - 3 weeks offsite in 4 bed villa at Emerald Island - Pre-trip report is here

'Once in a lifetime' trip report - CBR + DDP Feb 2019

Edited at 02:36 PM.
Scarla is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Ivegottadream
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Sounds like a lovely day. I love a good chill out at the water park. The fireworks cruise looks nice too but you've confirmed what I thought about missing the projections.
Is there an index page for your trippie? I couldn't see one.

Thanks for taking the time to write it
💐
Ivegottadream is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 20, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Scarla
VIP Dibber

Thanks for your comments, i had forgotten to add the index, should be on there now though

Feb 2019 - 2 weeks onsite at CBR with DDP
Oct 2022 - 3 weeks offsite in 4 bed villa at Emerald Island - Pre-trip report is here

'Once in a lifetime' trip report - CBR + DDP Feb 2019
Scarla is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 20, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Ivegottadream
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Scarla View Post
Thanks for your comments, i had forgotten to add the index, should be on there now though
Brilliant. Know what I'm doing this afternoon! Thanks
Ivegottadream is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List