Link to this Post
nothingless
Very Serious Dibber

5-week Split Stay in Florida, Feb/March 2020 - Day 27: Magic Kingdom

Day 27: Magic Kingdom
March 7, 2020

[-- Trip Index --]

Today's quick movie:

Phew, thanks for bearing with me guys! Writing this, it seems like this is the trip report that never ends! 😅 End is in sight now though, just a little over a week to go. 😉

So on this Saturday morning, I'd planned to go to Blizzard Beach for a much needed park break. However, yet another cold snap hit, and it was a freezing 7C this morning! For lack of any better ideas, we decided to take it easy in the morning and head into MK when it warmed up a little for some more autograph hunting. Michael came back from the gym just after 7AM very very cold, having walked from the Grand Floridian back to the Poly without a coat or anything on, and advised we wait a while for the sun to heat things up before heading out.

We turned the TV on to watch some morning news and even on the local news they said it'd been unseasonably cold for Orlando the past few weeks with so many cold snaps. We also heard some more about the coronavirus on the news, and it was starting to worry us a little. There were more and more reports coming out now about how bad the situation in Europe was getting. Italy was gearing up for a disaster, and the Netherlands, where we live, was getting more cases too, nearly all linked to Italy (it's quite common to go skiing in northern Italy over our Ski Break at the end of February). The USA seemed to be relatively safe so far compared to Europe, and we were even wondering if we should extend our trip to avoid the virus panic back home.

Around 10:30 we all got really hungry, and headed out to Captain Cook's for a late breakfast. Myla had Mickey Waffles, I had delicious Tonga Toast, and Michael had oatmeal. All delicious!

We went back to our room after breakfast - it was still very cold so Michael and Myla did some more chilling on the iPad while I got my day's work out of the way on the laptop, and then made a start on packing up. The day after tomorrow we were moving hotels again, our time at the Poly was nearly up!

Finally by 12:30 we all agreed it had warmed up enough to head out, and we took the Monorail to the Magic Kingdom - Myla was still missing quite a few autographs in her book and she was keen to find these! I booked some last-minute fastpasses that morning too, so that was our plan for this afternoon.

I was feeling a bit down overall due to the weather, tiredness, and some stresses for work, and Michael was feeling a bit down too, mostly worrying about the emerging of the coronavirus back home. We definitely didn't want this to intrude on our holiday, but it slowly and surely started to!

I took some photos from the monorail too, knowing we'd miss it when we left on Monday!

We headed to the courtyard out the back of Cinderella Castle first to try and catch the stepsisters and Fairy Godmother.

We were the second group there, and saw the stepsisters with pretty much no wait. You guys, they are SO hilarious! Even if you're not into characters, I'd highly recommend hanging out nearby and watching them for a bit - we couldn't stop laughing. Mad props to the girls playing them, they were SO good with each other, bickering like an old married couple and just being SO funny and playing off each other - I got the impression they knew each other well and possibly had been doing this for a long time. When it was our turn, Myla ran up with her book and Anastasia was hollering across the square for Drizella to come back, who'd followed the previous guest as he was handsome and she had determined he had money. 😂

Anastasia was ELATED to see a whole page of her own in the autograph book, and was trying to ask Myla something about this. However, Myla was following her usual routine - hand book over, turn back around and pose for photographer. So she was ignoring Anastasia completely, instead just smiling at the photographer. Which prompted Drizella to wave her hand in front of Myla's face and ask if she needed turned on. 😆 Both sisters were laughing at how professional Myla was being with the photographer haha!

When they finally got her attention, Myla decided Drizella looked very hug worthy. Turns out, as Anastasia told me, Drizella doesn't do hugs! 🤣

She tried to show Myla how to do a handshake instead - Myla ignored this and just went in for a second hug. 😅 I swear I was doubling over with laughing, wish I'd caught it all on video!

Drizella then taught Myla how to hold her hands in front of her, and they all posed together for the photos:

We then asked them if they wanted to sign Lady Tremaine's page as well, since I didn't think we'd get around to finding her. Cue the bickering between the two sisters as to what they should write, eventually agreeing it should be one of Mother's best life lessons, and ending with Anastasia writing something funny ("Myla, marry for money or cupcakes") and Drizella taking all the credit for it. The character handler there was cracking up too - it was just a great experience. I'm sure the jokes went right over Myla's head, but all of us adults very much enjoyed this one!

The Fairy Godmother was due to come out in half an hour, swapping with the stepsisters when they went on a break, so we decided to hang around there and wait for her. The Carousel had no wait, so Michael suggested taking Myla for a spin on there, and I agreed to wait near the end of the stepsisters' queue so we could jump back in when the Fairy Godmother was due to come out.

This turned out a bit of a bad decision - the Carousel was NOT a walk-on and he waited over 15 minutes there with Myla. In the mean time I was nearly at the front of the queue, and ended up seeing the Fairy Godmother alone as they weren't back in time!

The Fairy Godmother was very nice though, and had overheard that I was waiting for my daughter and husband when I let a bunch of other people go ahead of me, so she told me to come find her later when they were back, and she'd let Myla do a photo and a hug without a wait. So sweet!

By the time Michael and Myla finally did get back, a full 40 minutes later for 1 Carousel ride, the Fairy Godmother was away on her break again and we went off to find Gaston first. Myla was a little bit scared of him, so she asked Michael to do it together with her. 🥰

He was quite funny too, hitting on me and all lol!

We walked back to find the Fairy Godmother was back and she recognized me right away and waved us straight over. Myla was very happy to get some hugs from her after all!

She was very very sweet, Myla really took to her and still mentions how nice she was every time we watch Cinderella now!
nothingless is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 20, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
nothingless
Very Serious Dibber

Our next stop before the first FastPass was to find Pluto in Storybook Circus. I haven't really been inside the big tent at the back before, but it was a very nice and quiet area to sit down. We waited about 5 minutes before he came back off a break.

She gave him a cheeky kiss on his nose! 😁

Now it was time for our first FP, meeting Tiana and Rapunzel. We already had their autographs, but Myla is really into Tangled now, and I knew she'd love meeting her a second time in her Rapunzel dress. So we walked back to Fairytale Hall.

Tiana was up first, lovely as always.

Next up was Rapunzel, who loved our dresses and told us the funniest story about Pascal trying on a dress she'd made for him!

We'd promised Myla she could pick a new toy today, and as the meet exit is into Sir Mickey's, I asked her if she wanted to pick one here. She'd asked for one of the soft toy princess dolls a few times, so I suggested she pick one of these (Sir Mickey's has all of them!). She walked with me past the display to choose which princess she wanted. The whole trip so far she'd asked for Belle, but today she actually didn't hesitate and picked Rapunzel. I asked her a few times if she was sure, and she said she was (and she hasn't regretted it since). So Rapunzel came home with us!

Myla was growing tired again, so we tried the trick again with going for a walk to see if she'd nod off to sleep in the stroller while we walked.

We walked from Fantasyland to Liberty Square to the back of Frontierland to Adventureland and crossed the plaza to Tomorrowland - and she was still wide awake!

We ended up sitting in the sun out the front of Buzz Lightyear, waiting for our next Fastpass. It was pleasant now in the sun, but still very cold in the wind and shade.

Great ride as always, Myla shot her own raygun in our car, and Michael rode in his own car behind us as he likes to spin it to get a better score and I hate the spinning lol. Myla scored 3400 on her own, I thought that was really good! For some reason, I never got the ride photo from this day, can't remember if we forgot to scan our bands?

After Buzz, we decided to get some food. Myla asked for pasta so we headed Pinocchio Village Haus for her.

I really didn't want the pasta again, so went for the mozarella pizza which was a lot better. Luckily Myla enjoyed her pasta, so that was good anyhow.

After we'd eaten, we all really just felt tired and cold and decided to just head back - it was honestly too cold to be outside without scarves/hats/thick coats, so there was no way we could stay for the fireworks like I had originally hoped. I was a bit annoyed about this - it's Florida! 😢

Walking back to the monorail, Myla finally fell asleep and we couldn't get her woken up - she was super tired after so many park days in a row!

We were back in our room for 7PM and lifted her straight into her bed, she never woke up. We weren't far behind her, and were both in bed for 8PM, hoping for some warmer weather tomorrow!

Edited at 02:36 PM.
nothingless is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 20, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Such a shame it was so cold but lovely and sunny

Joan
Old 8 May 20, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

So glad to see you carrying on with your report. It was a long holiday so I imagine it’s taking a lot of your time doing it but it’s appreciated. Shame about the cold today and a few little stresses but looks like you had a good day in spite of both. The stepsisters sound so funny and how nice of the fairy godmother to let you pop back with Myla.
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 20, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Firstly I need to aplogise that I have got to day 27 of your fantastic report and this is my first time commenting although I have "liked" each day I've read !

I have loved reading about your adventure to date, loved your coordinating outfits and change of Myla's outfits for photos, loved your autograph books, your character interactions have been impressive and the memories you have created with your sweet little girl unforgettable. I had a tear in my eye at her participation in the Lion King Show as for some reason anytime I watch it when the kids come on I have a tissue to hand. I have enjoyed seeing the different places you have stayed and reading about your days in the park but am sorry that the final part of your holiday was overshadowed by the start of the pandemic. Look forward to reading and watching your final week once you have the time to post it and thank you for taking the time to share your holiday with us. At the moment it is light relief from all the depressing posts and news on the tv.
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 20, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
flo-tinka
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

A cold but very sunny day at MK. The castle looks beautiful. Thanks for persevering with your writing, it’s great to read about someone’s trip at this time 😀😀
flo-tinka is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 20, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Thank you so much for carrying on with this fabulous trip report. It’s one of the best I’ve ever read and I’ve spent the entire day binge reading it up to date today. I wish I had commented on each day and am ashamed to say that I didn’t 😳

I love zooming in on your photos to examine the print in all your different outfits and am definitely going to be checking out your website when I finally have another Florida trip to look forward to.

Right from the start of your report I’ve been convinced your husband looks really familiar but I’m not sure if he maybe just looks like someone and I’m not connecting the dots! Myla is a wee superstar and looks wonderful in all her different outfits. Her love of a character meet is just fab to see 😀

It’s great to see the different places you’ve stayed and I’m very much looking forward to the remainder of your report when you have time to do it. I know how long it must take you given the wonderful level of detail you give and all your gorgeous photos. A real labour of love but something that will be so precious for you to look back on as Myla gets older.

Thanks again x

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 20, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
nothingless
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks everyone for all your kind words! It is indeed a bit of a mammoth task to get this finished - just soooo many days to write up haha! But I love sharing our adventures, reading others' trippies is one of my favorite pasttimes so it's only fair I give back! Thanks though, it's so nice to hear others love reading along, that definitely gives me a boost!

scottishnellie - are you actually from Scotland? My husband went to university in Scotland and lived there for 4 years, so it's possible?
Old 13 May 20, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by nothingless View Post
scottishnellie - are you actually from Scotland? My husband went to university in Scotland and lived there for 4 years, so it's possible?
Yes I am. Live in renfrewshire and worked in Glasgow for the past 20 years?

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 20, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

You've got some lovely photos from the meet and greets today. It's a shame that it was so cold.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List