Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 16 Jul 20, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mikeclark007 View Post
Yeah I can’t bring myself to do that one having done the other so many times and been very comfortable with it. It’s become part of our routine with an overnight airport hotel stay at Manchester the night before. Can’t understand why they’ve cut that flight from the schedule. I’m guessing the night one is more popular.

Contemplated from Newcastle but even that lands at midnight and is a waste of a first night.

The wife isn’t keen either especially with the 7 year old lad.
That’s a shame. I’d hope it’s just temporary as it was a popular flight.
I’d guess the reason that one has been cut is because the other 2 fit in with connections onwards from Dubai. I usually get the 2.15pm A380 which lands around midnight and most passengers on there have onward connections within a couple of hours
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 20, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
sunjue100
VIP Dibber

sunjue100's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Rhine river cruise cancelled and waiting for right moment to cancel Septembers Greek cruise.Instead we are off to Keswick for a week in August😀
Old 17 Jul 20, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridafan
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 53
We were in the early stages of planning WDW for next year as DS will be 30. We’re all going now to Norfolk to a lodge with a private hot tub and we are all really excited about it especially now our baby grandson will be part of the crew!
Floridafan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 20, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Geordieprincess View Post
Inverness self catering apartment for a week in 2 weeks time. Never been to that part of Scotland.
I hope you have a lovely time! It’s a beautiful part of scotland. Lots of stuff opened this week, thankfully! If you need any advice on restaurants/walks, let me know!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 20, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Geordieprincess View Post
Sounds good. Any top tips please?
Sorry just seen this.

I had a really lovely walk out past the start of the Caledonian canal to the coast.
There seemed to be lots of other walks all around. There was a board up along the river showing all the walks.

I stayed in the Glen Mhor hotel - it was really lovely.

Next time we'll hire a car and drive around.

I'm.sure now things are open up someone can give you much better advice 😁
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 20, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Our Greek holiday which would have also been DD’s Wedding has been moved to October 2021 😊, we have now booked a holiday cottage in Wales for 10 of us with a private pool and jacuzzi excited just to be going somewhere altogether. We are having a joint stag and hen party 12 months early 😂😂 .
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 20, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
shez
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

shez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
We’re off to Spain on Thursday to see friends of ours who moved there last year. Looking forward to seeing them and spending time together as a family.

Private villa 00, Comfort Inn LBV 02, ASMu 05, AKL 07, PORS 09, ASMu 11, OKW 13, Clarion Inn 15,Double tree and Best western 19,Clarion inn 22,
shez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 20, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Mobile

We were booked for Portugal. Instead we’re in our favourite Scottish holiday place, Monzievaird, between Crieff and Comrie in Perthshire. Used to come here every second year, in between foreign trips. We’ve not been for several years as the new owners usually block book the summer months for a Christian camp. It was cancelled this year so it was opened up to the general public. We’re here for 11 nights and loving it. Not as warm as it’s been in previous years but very relaxing and beautiful scenery, which you don’t get in Portugal. We’ve had some lovely walks, golf driving range at Crieff hydro, ceramic centre. We have family here with us so playing games at night, bbqs and lots of wine. Good company.
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 20, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Mobile

We have managed to snag an amazing deal for a holiday to Portugal in October! The same holiday cost us over double last year! Fingers crossed advice on travel to Portugal will change by then. Managed to book on low deposit so we can make up our minds fully 2 weeks before ! Staying positive though... if it can’t be our amazing trip to Florida in sept this comes pretty close !
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 20, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Having had 2 cancellations for dlp one in april and second 31st august. I have used some vouchers to book Majorca for a week end of september, we still have flights to Miami booked for mid october but hopefully that will be cancelled, so more vouchers for next year. We have never been to Majorca so quite excited and have upgraded to premium ground floor room so got our own sunbeds. Also self catering, so its going to be a nice chilled one. 😊
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List