Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 23 Jul 20, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Charl_bb
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by jaff View Post
best UK holiday we ever had was renting a 6 berth motor home and done NC500 . Mind you weather was remarkable for full week. :-)
This is on our to do list!
Charl_bb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 20, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by JessBlu View Post
As I said about £1000 all in for the week, ferry was £40 return with car.

Could do it for £600 if we ate in but I am mot cooking.
£40 for car that’s a bargain who was that booked with.
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 20, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Originally Posted by florida girl View Post
£40 for car that’s a bargain who was that booked with.
The holiday was booked with park dean resorts they do an offer on the ferry bookings.
The weather is glorious! We have just extended for another 5 nights, £230! But will have to move out the glamping lodge into a caravan. Will miss my lodge its beautiful!

So we are now at
£299 7 nights lodge
£230 5 nights caravan
£40 ferry

The site is straight on the beach, kids have been in the sea all week, weather glorious !
Looks cloudy today though so might have an explore of the island.

Edited at 08:44 AM.
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 20, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
mmahon1974
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
T
Anyone visiting here in high summer can have a marvellous break.. or a miserable fortnight where it rains every day. What I do know is that they will pay through the nose for it whilst probably not even being aware of the true, ‘A list’ attractions, just the tourist traps.
I am coming to Cornwall (Newquay) in September to visit family but looking for some "A" list attractions to visit - not just the tourist traps - any info you could give would be great.
mmahon1974 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 20, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

I think it depends where you book and what time of year.

I’ve just been looking at three nights on a Haven site, just under £80 for the beginning of October.

Yes it’s not to everyone’s taste, but it gives us some okay accommodation with the facilities to cook for ourselves (which is great for my dietary needs) and it gives us a good location to visit some nice areas nearby.

We do tend to prioritise USA holidays over the uk, but if we had to holiday in the uk for the next few years I wouldn’t mind, but I fully appreciate a caravan isn’t to everyone’s taste.
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 20, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by klr15 View Post
I think it depends where you book and what time of year.

I’ve just been looking at three nights on a Haven site, just under £80 for the beginning of October.

Yes it’s not to everyone’s taste, but it gives us some okay accommodation with the facilities to cook for ourselves (which is great for my dietary needs) and it gives us a good location to visit some nice areas nearby.

We do tend to prioritise USA holidays over the uk, but if we had to holiday in the uk for the next few years I wouldn’t mind, but I fully appreciate a caravan isn’t to everyone’s taste.
We love our Haven holidays and have been allocated some amazing caravans in our time. I can be quite particular so they must be good if I'm happy with them! They are a great base to explore and the customer service we received this year when we had to move our break from Easter to July was exceptional.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 20, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by mskitty View Post
We love our Haven holidays and have been allocated some amazing caravans in our time. I can be quite particular so they must be good if I'm happy with them! They are a great base to explore and the customer service we received this year when we had to move our break from Easter to July was exceptional.
Me too! My Nan and grandad were big fans of the sun holiday when I was a child and they used to take me to a haven site once or twice a year. Those were some of the best memories of my life and we always had an amazing time.

Since I’ve been an adult, I’ve only been back to Haven once, but again, we absolutely loved it and couldn’t complain. I’m looking to book again for October this year in place of our California holiday and I am really looking forward to it!

Edited at 04:47 PM.
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 20, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Wazza
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by magickate View Post
I don't like to cook or clean on holiday and find eating out really is too costly.
Agree eating out can be costly. When we go to Dorset each year we have a Tesco delivery at start of the week. I’m always up early so will do a cooked breakfast of some sort. Anything fro omelette to full English, doesn’t take long. Lunch is usually sandwiches or fish and chips, always on the beach.

Then for dinner back at the cottage we tend to have cold meats, nice bread, cheese, fruit, pork pies etc. No cooking involved. Sometimes we’ll have this at home after a day out, girls call it our Dorset dinner
Wazza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 20, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

We've just booked Devon for the middle of September ( free cancellation) supposed to be going to Lanzarote in October, so just in case we can't this is the back up plan man 😆
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 20, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

Originally Posted by JessBlu View Post
The holiday was booked with park dean resorts they do an offer on the ferry bookings.
The weather is glorious! We have just extended for another 5 nights, £230! But will have to move out the glamping lodge into a caravan. Will miss my lodge its beautiful!

So we are now at
£299 7 nights lodge
£230 5 nights caravan
£40 ferry

The site is straight on the beach, kids have been in the sea all week, weather glorious !
Looks cloudy today though so might have an explore of the island.
Glad you enjoyed the Island and stayed another week 😊. We need the tourists back. We live on the Island just paid £94 for a return trip wish we could get a £40 crossing.
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List