Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Oct 20, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

For those who have now booked for next summer

Are you worried about the mask situation?

We’ve re-booked our Disney hotel for next August but I’m holding off with flights at the moment because I’m concerned masks will still be mandatory and I think this will be a deal breaker for us in the Florida summer heat. But I’m also missing some good flight prices so not sure what to do. I can cancel the hotel no problem but doubt I can get the money back for flights.

If you’ve booked already are you happy to still go if you have to wear a mask? Or are you thinking masks won’t be mandatory by next summer?

Edited at 11:15 AM.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
fefifoe
Apprentice Imagineer

fefifoe's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
rebooked for June - will wear a mask if that's what it takes to get there again although i'd rather we didn't have to It may mean that we change the way we do the parks though, maybe more time relaxing at our hotel pool and less full days in parks.
Old 18 Oct 20, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
MadHatter1
VIP Dibber

MadHatter1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Have booked flights will but undecided on Disney, mask situation doesn't bother me in the slightest I can wear one all day without thinking about it even in the heat (had to in Spain this summer). But no ddp, early park closing times having to book parks and some other bits do bother me.
2017 Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW)>. > - The Return of Three Jedi
2018 Rosen Inn at Pointe (Int. Dr.), HRH (Uni)>. > - Rogue One
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW)>. > - 12 Parsecs
MadHatter1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

I dont mind wearing a mask on a plane, but in the parks would be enough for us to cancel.
Its bad enough wearing them for an hour in the shops, and thats in a cooled climate.
Masks always seem to make me tired, are not comfortable, and then imagine the tan marks across your face lol (last one not major of course) .

All the other restrictions are worst than masks. Short park times, booking parks, no FP etc etc Plus the wait times seem worst than usual. As we never really queue, we use FP and ride pick short queues, thats a problem.
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by MadHatter1 View Post
Have booked flights will but undecided on Disney, mask situation doesn't bother me in the slightest I can wear one all day without thinking about it even in the heat (had to in Spain this summer). But no ddp, early park closing times having to book parks and some other bits do bother me.
Pretty much summarises our position. We've booked flights for a three-week stay but, assuming we are able to travel, what we do when we get there will be determined by how things are.

A heavily diluted Disney experience may not be us, as much as we love WDW, and there's plenty of other things to do to fill the three weeks.

We won't be booking anything else, at least nothing that we can't cancel without penalty, for a fair while yet.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
linnite
Imagineer

I suppose I am a bit different in that I hate wearing masks (but do everywhere it is mandatory) so I would be sorely tempted to cancel for masks. I literally cannot imagine wearing one in Florida August heat.

I did wear one on the plane to Crete. It was bearable considering it was the price to pay to be able to go away.

But most of the other things don't bother me having been so many times already, our son is 14 and for that reason and others the parades don't bother me, if a ride has too big a queue we will just skip it, it will still be nice to be there for the experience.

Nov '01 - I-Drive ... May '09 - DL Paris ... Aug '11 - Pop ... Aug '13 - SSR ... Aug '15 - A/S Music + HRH ... Aug '17 - RPR,CBR,AKL ... Feb '18 - Cabana Bay ... Feb '19 - Aventura + A/S Sports ... Dec '21 Dolphin and HRH... Aug '23 Surfside and A/S Music... Feb '24 Surfside

Edited at 12:02 PM.
linnite is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Thanks for your replies. We would want to cancel if we have to wear them in the parks. I wear one for work all day now which although I dislike it, I’ve learned to tolerate but in 90+ degrees heat and humidity its a different matter. I wouldn’t want to lose the flight cost though, I guess I’d be better to not book flights until much nearer the time and hope prices don’t shoot up.

Edited at 12:19 PM.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FlyDriver View Post
Booked for April and August and I'll just cancel if mask wearing is required either on the plane or anywhere else. I'll keep booking and cancelling until we can live freely.
Have you booked your flights separately? Can you cancel with full refund/date change?
Old 18 Oct 20, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
bigdreams
Excited about Disney

We have just re booked our Disney hotel for August. Still watching flight prices as they have gone up since I last looked so hope they come down a bit again. We will cancel if masks are mandatory, I have no problem wearing a mask but there is no way I could keep a mask on our 2 year old for the whole trip, one tantrum and we would be doomed and don’t want the stress of that. I’ve been looking at flights with BA and I understand from their policy we can move it to a different date for free and just pay difference in fare. Even if we don’t go August we will want to go back the following year so happy with just a voucher for flights rather than refund.
bigdreams is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
twogoto
VIP Dibber

We have just moved our April trip to next September as we're thinking masks will very likely still be mandatory in April but we might get away without them in September as it's still 11 months away. However we will likely still go in September even if we have to wear them (dread to think about the humidity + mask situation though!). The thought of our mask tan lines gives us a giggle at least.

I am beginning to think that masks may just become the norm, and if that's the case we better just get used to wearing them!
Sept 21 TwoGoTo Aiya Napa - Amarande Hotel
Nov 21 TwoGoTo New York - The James New York Nomad
Mar 22 TwoGoTo Orlando - Cabana Bay
Sept 22 TwoGoTo Orlando - Sapphire Falls
Nov 22 TwoGoTo Rome - 9Hotel Cesari
July 23 TwoGoTo Kos - Mitsis Summer Palace
Sept 23 TwoGoTo Orlando - Sapphire Falls
twogoto is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List