Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Oct 20, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Mum and dads house is sold, they’ve missed out on a lot of houses because they weren’t allowed to view before they sold. They’ve now sold and they can’t find anything. So they’re very stressed. They won’t be losing the sale though and will go through with it, trying to find somewhere to rent if it comes to it.

There’s a lot of lying going on about the condition of houses here, so they’re going to houses expecting one thing, and finding the opposite. They’ve got two more viewings this week and I’m praying one of them fits.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I’m just fed up, we need to sell mother in law’s flat for probate and the one bedroom market Is very flat around here .
I think we may buy it from the estate ourselves and rent it out as the rental market is really active (I suggested this from the off but OH wasn’t keen , he’s now seeing the investment potential though)
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

I bought my son a house. Offer accepted 17th July and completed 18th Sep. No chain so extremely fast so can be done
Old 20 Oct 20, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Bartswife
Imagineer

My DS and his girlfriend are getting the keys to their first home on Friday. Viewed at the end of August so just two months and this is with the owner having to get probate sorted as well. Bit different to our house move which took five months as our buyers had the mortgage refused so had to re market then land registry got involved as a neighbour had put a charge on our land and couldn’t be tracked down as the house was rented out and the owner lived miles away (I tracked her down and she never responded to any mail), never did find out what that was about. I was furious that someone could put a charge on our land And we weren’t informed so we could question it, if we hadn’t have moved and got legal people involved we would never have known about it
Bartswife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell 1
Imagineer

Mobile

According to today’s mortgage trade press if you went to take advantage of the stamp duty holiday you really need a complete chain by 1st Nov.

Everything is taking so long at the moment particularly if there are mortgages involved. Some lenders are quoting 6 weeks to underwrite a mortgage for someone who is self employed, time time line for surveys is getting longer due to capacity issue and lockdowns are not helping. We’ve just been told no physical surveys in Wales during lockdown. Add to that Christmas and I can see why a complete chain by 1st November is being suggested.
Tinkerbell 1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
sam_b
Imagineer

My dad has sold his house and had an offer accepted on another. Currently looking at completing his sale early Dec and his purchase betweenXmas and New Year, which really worries me... hoping that the solicitor manages to close this gap, but dad won’t lose his sale, so if need be he will go to a rental holiday cottage for a few weeks.
It’s very stressful as dad is 76 so trying to keep his Covid exposure down ins tricky and he is in Manchester which will go tier 3 at any time just to add more stress and concern...
sam_b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
When does the freeze end?
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
pompeyboy
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
I’m just fed up, we need to sell mother in law’s flat for probate and the one bedroom market Is very flat around here .
I think we may buy it from the estate ourselves and rent it out as the rental market is really active (I suggested this from the off but OH wasn’t keen , he’s now seeing the investment potential though)
You could give the local council a ring and see if they want to buy it. A family member got a very fair price for a 1 bed flat selling it to them.

The rental idea seems a good one too, a friend rented his late mother's house to the local council, they guaranteed him the rent and to restore it to it's pre rental condition if/when he wanted it back. He did have to do quite a bit to get it up to their high safety standards though.
pompeyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
sam_b
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jan View Post
When does the freeze end?
End of March next year I think
sam_b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pompeyboy View Post
You could give the local council a ring and see if they want to buy it. A family member got a very fair price for a 1 bed flat selling it to them.

The rental idea seems a good one too, a friend rented his late mother's house to the local council, they guaranteed him the rent and to restore it to it's pre rental condition if/when he wanted it back. He did have to do quite a bit to get it up to their high safety standards though.
That’s a good thought , thanks.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List