Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 31 Jul 14, 07:19 AM  
Link to this Post
webbletuk
Excited about Disney

webbletuk's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Hi, We are a family of 4, staying offsite so no dining plan. we are taking #2000 which is at an exchange rate of 1.6 (I round down) $3200 divided by 14 = $228. So thats what we will have per day. Travel day we wont spend loads - we are not landing till 5pm, so a quick Publix shop and a take away- we will have money left over, we are also doing DC and that has all the food included so will use the money for the photo package- but there are 2 families going so still wont spend all the money. When you start thinking like this it is more than enough. My kids love Steak and shake- cheap and cheerful, we also like sweet tomatoes- again reasonable. We tend to eat breakfast, then a late lunch/early dinner and buy stuff from supermarkets to snack on in the villa. Please don't panic, I put our daily amount in our wallets and what is left gets rolled over. Last time I had to not get a days worth out of the safe as we had loads of money in our wallets and did'nt feel safe putting more in.
Old 31 Jul 14, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
jenny1745
Apprentice Imagineer

Lisa the last two times we spent 3000 dollars and that's for four of us staying offsite. If you look at my trip report in 2098 it even tells you how much we spent each day to give you an idea, we are off next week and I will so a daily report with our spends to give you a rough idea but I think you have enough we divided it into 14 also and let it rollover daily
jenny1745 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 14, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by THECRAZYMOUSE View Post
I have been reading threads recently about the amount of money people are taking. One taking £6000 pounds (I know you probably should not compare), we have no where near this much! Please tell me we do not need that much. I do not think we can afford much more, as there always seems to be one more thing we have to get (a lot to do with being on here)! I am panicking I was thinking more like £2000 pounds. First time for us and do not want to miss out on anything, just in case it really is our only time! Please help Lisa
You will be fine ...this is what we are taking for family of four also and it's going to be plenty. I work on the theory I can't spend what I don't have and no point fretting about it
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 14, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

I'm sure you will be fine. Everyone is different.

We have been saving for 4 years and we like to take waaaaay too much so that we can live the high life on a whim while we are there - but even with that, £6000 sounds a lot! Last time we took $4000 for spends (we were onsite with DDP). That included a meal at Victoria & Albert's which was $400, and an unplanned meal at Emeril's which was a couple of hundred. We took taxis sometimes to be lazy, we bought lots of souvenirs - and we still had over $2000 left when we came home! So you will be fine, I'm sure.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 14, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
JillyEd
Excited about Disney

This is why i hate threads with others saying they are taking loads of money etc... i dont see the point, all they serve to do is make others feel like this unnecessarily.

Don't worry you will be absolutely fine. We took 2k and our credit card in May. I always take a card just incase and could afford to spend more if i wanted or needed to. We ate out every single night and lunchtime too, we had cereal in our room for breakfast. We had expenses we didn't expect, a doctors bill for 145$ and also some sunglasses for 200$ because I lost mine! But we had loads of money left over to shop and didn't touch the credit card. We spent loads of it in the outlet village, 3 pairs of Nike trainers, loads and loads of Abercrombie stuff and I even got a small Tiffany necklace and bracelet. We even brought some dollars back, not a lot at all but we did!

Don't worry at all or stress about money, you just need to enjoy your holiday and look forward to it. You will be shocked at how much money you have spare, I always am every time I go. My betting is that you will end up with at least 500$ of it to spend on shopping.

Have a lovely time and enjoy it.
JillyEd is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 14, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
THECRAZYMOUSE
VIP Dibber

Thank you, I can see after reading through these this morning again, that you are all absolutely right, we probably will have enough, and I may just have to consider other options to eat etc. In reality I was having a proper teary panic.

At least if I have another one, I can just go back and read these again As I have said before I feel like the more I know, the more I would like to try! I really do have to stop complaining, we are going there, and I need a reality check! Thank you again Lisa
THECRAZYMOUSE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 14, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
itsrachelhere
Imagineer

itsrachelhere's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by THECRAZYMOUSE View Post
Thank you, I can see after reading through these this morning again, that you are all absolutely right, we probably will have enough, and I may just have to consider other options to eat etc. In reality I was having a proper teary panic.

At least if I have another one, I can just go back and read these again As I have said before I feel like the more I know, the more I would like to try! I really do have to stop complaining, we are going there, and I need a reality check! Thank you again Lisa
Bless you! So many people have them. You just get panicked about making the perfect holiday! There are so many amazing eateries to try. But then again they take time away from ride time, so you aren't missing out too much if you don't do them all !
itsrachelhere is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 14, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

If I had to take £6000 as well as the price of the holiday, I would not be going. That is a lot of money. We take about $200 per day and the kids have their own spends.
We are a family of 6 and eat out, stay in villa and still bring money back with us.
We are not big shoppers and have a fab time, we roughly take $100 per day out with us for drinks & food (and the travel card incase!) when going to parks etc as we already have the tickets.
You will have a fab time😎
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 14, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
loobz
Imagineer

loobz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
last year (and remember the $ rate was not as favourable) we spent exactly £3042.93 which included a hefty £1486.03 on 'gifts and souvenirs (read shopping!). We are a family of 4 but one of our children was classed as an adult for eating out in some places (she was 12). We stayed off site in a villa for 17 nights and this covered petrol, parking, tolls, extra activities (like Chocolate Kingdom), supermarket shopping and eating out.

Personally I would say that £2000 is plenty and you will easily have enough to enjoy yourselves and have a shopping spree.

If you are interested I can e-mail you a copy of exactly what we spent and where so you can see the break down, just pm me an e-mail address. It might put your mind at rest!
loobz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 14, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

We are a family of 3 and we will only have $100/day. I am not worried at all. It will be different to the last couple of times we have been, but I am looking forward to eating at the offsite cheaper places, as we have never done this, also I won't have to cook, so thats a bonus! We will be eating breakfast at the villa most days, taking snacks into the parks and eating out at night. I actually think, in the villa, we could do it on a lot less if we really had to. Also, I don't think its been mentioned, but I think you can get pizzas and takeaways delivered to your hotel, so that would save some money on some nights.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread