Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 31 Jul 14, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by THECRAZYMOUSE View Post
There are lots of brilliant suggestions (as well as very sensible advice) here and I am very calmly going to make a list I am going to read some trip reports as suggested and think about what realistically we can spend.

None of us has extravagant taste But my two do like to buy stuff! I love shopping but can control it We have ADRs booked for CRT, TH, CP and Fantasmic package at MM, I will find out the price of each, to put money separate for them, CRT is already paid for, as are all the tickets. We have spent a bit more than I thought before, so maybe it will be enough money there.

I am talking as if two thousand pounds is nothing, I do realise it is a lot for us. I will have done enough shopping before we go Thanks again for everything Lisa x I would love a Tiffany necklace though lol

£2k for 4 pax for 2 weeks is fine if you follow the excellent budget advice you have been given but if you want to do those ADRs, shop at Tiffanys etc then you really do need to work out a stricter budget in my view as £250 a person for a week won't stretch to all that
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 14, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
melsy5
Helping Minnie

My other top tip is check your receipts as they often have discount vouchers at the bottom. I also have a yahoo email address dedicated to voucher collecting ! If you sign up about 2 weeks before you travel to the companies newsletter they send lots of vouchers, my favorite is club veg for sweet tomatoes they send bogof vouchers at least once a week and as its cheap to start off with a family of 4 can eat very well for around $30.

Practically Perfect In Every Way
melsy5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 14, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
There are lots of brilliant suggestions (as well as very sensible advice) here and I am very calmly going to make a list I am going to read some trip reports as suggested and think about what realistically we can spend.

None of us has extravagant taste But my two do like to buy stuff! I love shopping but can control it We have ADRs booked for CRT, TH, CP and Fantasmic package at MM, I will find out the price of each, to put money separate for them, CRT is already paid for, as are all the tickets. We have spent a bit more than I thought before, so maybe it will be enough money there.

I am talking as if two thousand pounds is nothing, I do realise it is a lot for us. I will have done enough shopping before we go Thanks again for everything Lisa x I would love a Tiffany necklace though lol
Tiffany necklaces don't have to be expensive, they do several under $200, i saw a pretty Tiffany Heart on a thin chain for under $150 this year.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 14, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
THECRAZYMOUSE
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
Tiffany necklaces don't have to be expensive, they do several under $200, i saw a pretty Tiffany Heart on a thin chain for under $150 this year.
Thank you, if I have enough money , we have done everything we want, the children have bought what they would like to, and if there is any money left I would love to buy one It is a silly thing but favourite film, Moon river was our wedding song, I can dream! Where might I look if I did wish to buy one?
THECRAZYMOUSE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 14, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
JillyEd
Excited about Disney

Lisa I got a Tiffany necklace and bracelet when I was there. I chose my own heart pendant and bought a chain for it, it was around £160. My bracelet was around £120. You don't have to spent loads to get something lovely. I'm sure you will save enough for a treat :-)
JillyEd is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 14, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
JillyEd
Excited about Disney

There is a Tiffany store in the Mall of Millenia, you can buy them from there.
JillyEd is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 14, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Fudge123
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by iloveholidays1 View Post
The on site pepperoni pizza is only $15.49 (that's under a tenner) and it's huge, we only managed half it it. Are the children little, or do they have adult appetites?
Totally agree with this, we got one of these for lunch and it fed the 3 of us (dd15 so eating adult sized amount). We had this with free drinks using our refillable mugs we bought. Bargain lunch and very tasty
Old 31 Jul 14, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Thank you, if I have enough money , we have done everything we want, the children have bought what they would like to, and if there is any money left I would love to buy one It is a silly thing but favourite film, Moon river was our wedding song, I can dream! Where might I look if I did wish to buy one?
I think the only store in Orlando is at the Mall of Millenia :-)
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 14, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
Imagineer

Hope you're feeling a bit more relaxed now Lisa. One person has rattled you with talk of spending £6k, but I sincerely hope the 11 pages of people with more realistic budgets has reassured you. You will have plenty sweetie and will enjoy a fantastic holiday on it.
hornetgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 14, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
TrueBlueAngel
Imagineer

Jumping on this thread on spends, but I'm a big Juicy Couture bag fan. Where can I get these in Orlando and what kind of saving up do I need for one or three, or even three

RIP Murphy 24.4.1999 - 4.5.2013
1995 - Tunisia, 2003 - Lanzarote & Gran Canaria, 2004 - Majorca, 2005 - Florida - ASMo. 2006 - Florida - Villa, 2007 - Salou, 2008 - Pop Century, 2009 - Kenya, 2010 - Eygpt, 2011 - Tenerife- 2012 Rhodes, Crete - 2013&2014, Florida - 2014&2015
TrueBlueAngel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread