Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 5 Jan 19, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile Flower Bouquet Delivery Companies

Can anyone recommend a company please, preferably by personal experience ?

For my niece and her partner for the birth of their little girl this week.

I’ve heard good and not so good reports of Next and Marks & Spencer flowers. Google gives me lots of results but I’ve no idea if they’re good.

Thanks as always

Linda xxx
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 19, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Bloom & wild, I received several bouquets recently including local companies and m&s. They were all beautiful but the Blood & Wild one lasted 4 weeks! There are new customer discount codes available too

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

I like Bloom and Wild or The Real Flower Company.
That gives you 2 different budgets too.
Bloom and Wild look faily uninspiring for a few days but then look lovely and are very reasonably priced.
The Real Flower Company are my favourite but more expensive.
The fragrance is incredible and the roses are just beautiful. Nothing like any of the other country-wide suppliers. Plus they started in a tiny shop in our little town so we like to support them

Edited at 10:35 AM.
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

Personally I Google florist near to where you are sending them and then look at reviews. If there is a good one I'll use them, local florist I find are so much better than the bigger companies.
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 19, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
rasmus
Imagineer

rasmus's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I've used bloom and wild a couple times and they've both been really nice.

bloomandwild
January 2019-Cabana bay/Homewood suites
rasmus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 19, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
These are my Bloom & Wild flowers after 4 weeks (first time posting a picture so hopefully will work!)

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 19, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by dubletrub View Post
Personally I Google florist near to where you are sending them and then look at reviews. If there is a good one I'll use them, local florist I find are so much better than the bigger companies.
This is exactly what I do. You generally get much better for value using a local florist and you also get the satisfaction of knowing you're helping a small business!
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 19, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by HappyPanda View Post
This is exactly what I do. You generally get much better for value using a local florist and you also get the satisfaction of knowing you're helping a small business!
I do agree as long as they don’t just offer an Interflora selection which are IMO generally naff.
Around here, all the really good independents are so inundated with weddings and events that they can now just work from home, avoid paying rent and rates and sadly don’t have time to make bouquets any more!

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 19, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Vanillapod View Post
I do agree as long as they don’t just offer an Interflora selection which are IMO generally naff.
Around here, all the really good independents are so inundated with weddings and events that they can now just work from home, avoid paying rent and rates and sadly don’t have time to make bouquets any more!
Oh really, that is a shame. We're lucky to have some great florists round here that make incredible bouquets at a fraction of the costs of the bigger companies. I hadn't realised that they were now a rarity.
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 19, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by HappyPanda View Post
Oh really, that is a shame. We're lucky to have some great florists round here that make incredible bouquets at a fraction of the costs of the bigger companies. I hadn't realised that they were now a rarity.
Same here, we have fantastic florists locally, lots to choose from.
When sending further afield I ring their local florist and tell them the types of flowers I would like including so not getting a generic bouquet.
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List