Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 Jun 20, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
lorna_99
Serious Dibber

Mobile No USA to Nov or Dec?

Just seen this online and yes I know the daily mail is not the most accurate of sources but surely they haven’t just picked dates out of thin air

dailymail/news/art...taly-WEEK.html
lorna_99 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 20, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Ben1993
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

The uncertainty is so annoying, we are due to fly November 29th, I have a bad feeling we will miss it by about a week.
Old 25 Jun 20, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
fiffio
Imagineer

Mobile

It’s the daily mail and the sun, it’s more then likely plucked out of thin air!

The USA seems to be on the second wave or still not fully at the peak of the first one so you wouldn’t want an air bridge until that’s over. but as we know a lot can change in a relatively short space of time.

Given the expected 2nd wave when the weather turns in October the end of this year may be optimistic!

Will be in interesting few months, should hear from oxford in the next 6 weeks about thier vaccine and how it’s getting on in Brazil and here.
fiffio is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 20, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

Project fear. Never believe anything until its officially announced.
The number of maybe this maybe that, possibly, could happen, may happen etc stories I have read. One scientist says this, but another says that.
Its how they sell stories and keeps people in jobs speculating everything.

Im not just talking about Covid either. Think about all the major stories recently and think how everything has been blown up by the media. We live in a society where we want to check the news every 5 minutes and see something new, so when there is no news, they make it up.
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 20, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

I agree. A month ago there were no holidays abroad this year and now Europe is opening up to us. People are already in Spain.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 20, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
TeeKayDawn
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by fiffio View Post
It’s the daily mail and the sun, it’s more then likely plucked out of thin air!

The USA seems to be on the second wave or still not fully at the peak of the first one so you wouldn’t want an air bridge until that’s over. but as we know a lot can change in a relatively short space of time.

Given the expected 2nd wave when the weather turns in October the end of this year may be optimistic!

Will be in interesting few months, should hear from oxford in the next 6 weeks about thier vaccine and how it’s getting on in Brazil and here.
I really hate it when people say things like this.

Yes it is in the Sun/Daily Mail, but I actually still read the article and to be fair it has very valid points regarding the reasoning behind the varying times that countries will open, which strangely marry up to the time-frames you give yourself, which I'm guessing are based on your own opinion and views seen in other media.

So USA/South America/Mexico are currently seeing a huge spike in cases, of the same numbers we were seeing in March/April during lockdown - so if those figures are still going up and it took us 3 months to get to where we are now, it is perfectly logical that those Countries won't be seeing air travel open up until November/December - maybe even later. They caveat it by saying 'maybe later', and reference USA being in an election year and the risks of opening up too early before the election takes place.

They also state that opening other borders is dependent on how cases are seen within the Countries mentioning Portugal who are currently seeing a spike as being on the list that can be travelled to, but also under review.
TeeKayDawn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 20, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
All I seem to have done over the past three months is try to post positivity where I can.

But all it needs is for someone to spot a news item that says "may not allow" for the pessimists to go into overdrive.

The POTUS introduced the travel ban from UK, RoI and Schengen. The POTUS will remove it. Not any news agency.

Just to add that we will be there for Thanksgiving dinner at Bob Evans Posner Park as usual.

Mick
Old 25 Jun 20, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mick View Post
All I seem to have done over the past three months is try to post positivity where I can.

But all it needs is for someone to spot a news item that says "may not allow" for the pessimists to go into overdrive.

The POTUS introduced the travel ban from UK, RoI and Schengen. The POTUS will remove it. Not any news agency.

Just to add that we will be there for Thanksgiving dinner at Bob Evans Posner Park as usual.

Mick
In life, the cups of some people are permanently half empty.. whilst the cups of other such as you and I are half full.

If I could go to Florida or California tomorrow, then I would go tomorrow and regardless of all the Covid stats. I live my life to the full and beyond. That will never change. I remember during time with the Royal Marines that they had a motto of ‘Eat till your sick, drink till you drop’ within the Squadron. Whilst I have modified from this view, I have certainly never forgotten it as a generality in life.

Life is something to live, rather than something to hide yourself away from. The only transmitable illness that would make me reconsider that view is possibly Ebola. With that, the risk of death is simply too high.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 20, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post

Mick
I agree. Someone has just done a lengthy post on this on the positivity thread. He said he wasn't being negative.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 20, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Egon
slightly serious Dibber

it was only a couple of weeks ago they were saying "no summer holidays at all"

my advice would be to ignore rags like the DM and the Sun.
Egon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List