Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 28 Sep 20, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
My personal thoughts are that FP will be back at some point. Disney spent a fortune on MDE in order to introduce the FP system, magic bands etc so I can’t see them abandoning entirely. Whether it comes back the same set up as before is anyone’s guess.

I do think Disney will need to do something to attract guests onsite though. At the moment there is no incentive other than location and Disney transport there are other hotels that are cheaper that offer great locations and access to Disney transport - Swan and Dolphin come to mind.
What do u think about the free dining?
Is it good for Disney and something they want to keep?
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 20, 06:47 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Simon & Suzann View Post
What do u think about the free dining?
Is it good for Disney and something they want to keep?
I think Disney wouldn’t have offered it for so long if it hadn’t benefited them in a big way. I would think it’ll all depend on demand once things start getting back to normal but I think it’ll be back.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 20, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Yes I think FP will be back but as far as take ups a lot is going to depend on how the US Economy bounces back (IMO)there won't be as many US families willing to pay Disney's prices. I also wouldn't put it passed them to introduce "paid FP" but at this stage it's all "pie in the sky" IYKWIM I do also wonder when they will get feedback around the amount of planning that it would all entail! Park booking is here to stay apparently so book park,book adr, book Fp ...
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 20, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Lau-nicole
Excited about Disney

Mobile

FastPass was removed temporarily because of the current park restrictions...not enough people in the parks to make the system worth using. Staying positive, I’m certain it will be back. As I’m sure the dining plan will at some point...they released a new plan earlier this year so they obviously had intentions of continuing with it.

When restrictions are lifted and international travel resumes they will need to do something to get those guests onsite.
Lau-nicole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 20, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Dolphin9511
Very Serious Dibber

I wonder if Park Reservations are still in place - which they have pretty much said is here to stay, if getting fastpasses will be a little easier, as you will have to have a park reservation to book fastpasses in that park, and I know a lot of people - particularly onsite guests book the big hitters just so they have them, maybe several times during their stay, which makes them more unavailable for others
Dolphin9511 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 20, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Thx for replies guys.
It's all pie in the sky with everything but everyone's in the same boat.
And at least it's looking more positive looking ahead to holidays next year (fingers crossed).

I'm not feeling the buzz for Disney but I've been out voted. Unanimously ha ha so Disney it is!

I hadn't realised Disney are keeping the day booking thing as I've been away a while busy with work, training and now recovering from my op.
It won't really bother us though as we tend to have a plan going over and pretty much stick to it and never really park hopped.
Although we have done a waterpark in the morning then a park in evening which we can't now do but it's no real biggy.

Once u leave your booked park is that it then with no re entry? I know things are changing but just curious what's in place presently.
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 20, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dolphin9511 View Post
I wonder if Park Reservations are still in place - which they have pretty much said is here to stay, if getting fastpasses will be a little easier, as you will have to have a park reservation to book fastpasses in that park, and I know a lot of people - particularly onsite guests book the big hitters just so they have them, maybe several times during their stay, which makes them more unavailable for others
Yeah I see what u mean. That's a good point 👍
Old 29 Sep 20, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Simon & Suzann View Post
Once u leave your booked park is that it then with no re entry? I know things are changing but just curious what's in place presently.
You can re enter the same park, your reservation is valid from open to close.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 20, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
nquart
Very Serious Dibber

nquart's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
To answer what I think your original question was, we have been twice in August (last 2 weeks) and did get fast passes for the headliners. Only once each ride, and there were only 3 of us but that was booking at 30 days.
nquart is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 20, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Kidd McFluff
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Hi, We went in Spring Break a couple of years ago and the parks were very busy. We had a 30 day fastpass window as we were staying offsite like you. In all honesty, we didnt have any great problems booking any of the rides. We got all of the big ones including (Soaring, BTM, Space and Splash Mountains, Everest, Dinosaur, Test Track, RnR, ToT, Starwars etc. There was no Pandora, Galaxy's Edge or Toy Story Lando n that trip so I have no idea what it'll be like booking these.

You could always book a single night at one of the less expensive hotels so that you can get access 60 days out. We have heard that this one way of making it more likely that you get the fast pass selections you want.
Kidd McFluff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List