Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 7 Oct 20, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
benjosam
Very Serious Dibber

benjosam's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Treadmill Recommendation

DH and I are looking to get fitter. We are starting Couch to 5k next week . Whilst we go out three nights a week, I’m concerned that as the dark nights set in and the weather gets worse our enthusiasm will wane. I’ve thought that a treadmill would be a good idea. DH is 22 stone/140kg and we are having trouble finding a suitable one within our budget, £700 max.

Does anyone have any recommendations.

Thanks
2016 - Cabana Bay
benjosam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 20, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Bella Girl
slightly serious Dibber

Bella Girl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I bought a Roger Black treadmill a free years ago on Ebay. It looked virtually new and has been brilliant to have during lockdown. It is a folding one so good for storing away when not in use
Bella Girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 20, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
I bought a Roger Black one from Argos back in June. It’s suitable for upto 23 stone, and was around £600.

I’ve just completed Couch 2 5K on it, and use it every day. It’s quite big, so make sure you’ve got the space.
Old 7 Oct 20, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
benjosam
Very Serious Dibber

benjosam's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by mason1 View Post
I bought a Roger Black one from Argos back in June. It’s suitable for upto 23 stone, and was around £600.

I’ve just completed Couch 2 5K on it, and use it every day. It’s quite big, so make sure you’ve got the space.
I was looking at this one before, but they seem to have stopped doing it.
2016 - Cabana Bay
benjosam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 20, 06:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Checkout Facebook marketplace as well as EBay. You might be able to pick up a hardly used one for significantly less.
Rac20 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 20, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
afcajax73
slightly serious Dibber

Only thing with buying second hand is.. make sure you check the motor etc very carefully.. They tend to need regular maintenance (grease/oil etc.) and if it's not done, and fails, it can be quite expensive to replace.
afcajax73 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I have just bought a Life Fitness F1- worried gyms may close again and I don't like going out in the cold winter dark mornings and nights. I bought this one as Lifefitness are at my gym and good quality, and it has a good warranty.
Old 20 Oct 20, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Mobile

I echo the comment above about motivation.

I run every day - rain, shine or whatever. It’s what I do.

I sometimes go out pre-dawn on the trails with the dog, and splash through the mud to catch sunrise (as in this picture from the weekend) and sometimes I go out at 9pm on a Sunday night and run a half-marathon on the roads.

Do I enjoy every run? No, but I enjoy 95%+ of them. Getting out in the elements and filling your lungs with fresh air can’t be beat, IMO, and that’s my motivation.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I have just bought a Life Fitness F1- worried gyms may close again and I don't like going out in the cold winter dark mornings and nights. I bought this one as Lifefitness are at my gym and good quality, and it has a good warranty.
Man up!

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
I'll add one more thing...

If you go out to run you can together, encourage each other on and share the experience. A treadmill is rather a soulless experience taken in isolation (unless you buy two treadmills and have space to set them up together anyway).

You can use some of that £700 on some proper shoes and some appropriate clothing and still have lots left over to spend on a little celebration when you graduate C25K.

Part One
Part Two