Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Oct 20, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Manc1979
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile Esta

Am ok to complete a new esta application even though the other one hasn’t run out ..it runs out in June but we don’t travel till July ..thanks in advance
Manc1979 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

** IGNORE BELOW AS WRONG INFO **

I'm not 100% but I'm sure I read that you couldn't apply until restriction lifted.
I might be wrong or misread it mind but someone will be along pretty soon who will know.

U could wait a bit to do it to be sure just in case. Luckily ours are still valid next year.

I'm sure you can apply before the other one expires but others will verify. Sorry I wasn't much help lol.

Edited at 05:45 PM.
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Simon & Suzann View Post
I'm not 100% but I'm sure I read that you couldn't apply until restriction lifted.
I might be wrong or misread it mind but someone will be along pretty soon who will know.

U could wait a bit to do it to be sure just in case. Luckily ours are still valid next year.

I'm sure you can apply before the other one expires but others will verify. Sorry I wasn't much help lol.
Yeah totally wrong I’m afraid. There are a few threads on here in the last few days about ESTAs. No issue applying and getting them approved.

OP, no issues with applying for a new one before the old one expires. It essentially just overrides your old one.
Softy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Softy View Post
Yeah totally wrong I’m afraid. There are a few threads on here in the last few days about ESTAs. No issue applying and getting them approved.

OP, no issues with applying for a new one before the old one expires. It essentially just overrides your old one.
Cheers for that. I did put a disclaimer in ha ha as I wasn't sure about what I read and think it was a while ago.

OP ignore me 🙈 sorry
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Softy View Post

As you rightly say there's absolutely no reason why you shouldn't apply for a new ESTA now. Dozens of Dibbers have reported that they have done since borders were effectively closed. We did in May.

The warning on the ESTA home page clearly and specifically says your ESTA might be cancelled if you ATTEMPT to travel. Some evidence on here has suggested that doing your API might be considered an attempt to travel but absolutely no need to do API until flight is confirmed.

Mick
Old 14 Oct 20, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Manc 1979

Just to add please don't panic if it comes back pending.

We've had live ESTAs since they were made compulsory in Jan 2009 and up until our recent renewal they were all approved instantly. The last one though came back pending but we had an email within about 30 minutes to say our status had changed. Logged back in and approved.

I think that over the past year or so all Dibber's experience is that they show pending now. It can take up to 72 hours but most Dibbers experience a couple of hours at most.

Mick
Old 14 Oct 20, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Manc1979
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Manc 1979

Just to add please don't panic if it comes back pending.

We've had live ESTAs since they were made compulsory in Jan 2009 and up until our recent renewal they were all approved instantly. The last one though came back pending but we had an email within about 30 minutes to say our status had changed. Logged back in and approved.

I think that over the past year or so all Dibber's experience is that they show pending now. It can take up to 72 hours but most Dibbers experience a couple of hours at most.

Mick
Cheers mick...my original ones for the holiday I should be on now 🙄...came back pending so I’m expecting the same this time
Manc1979 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
As you rightly say there's absolutely no reason why you shouldn't apply for a new ESTA now. Dozens of Dibbers have reported that they have done since borders were effectively closed. We did in May.

The warning on the ESTA home page clearly and specifically says your ESTA might be cancelled if you ATTEMPT to travel. Some evidence on here has suggested that doing your API might be considered an attempt to travel but absolutely no need to do API until flight is confirmed.

Mick
That's what I had read about a few months back with the API and got it backwards in my reply lol. Knew it was something but wasn't sure what. I think I'll stick to info I'm sure about.

Mick you're a gent and wealth of knowledge saving my bacon with my wrong info. I've amended it to stop others reading my incorrect reply 🙈
Old 14 Oct 20, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by Simon & Suzann View Post
Mick you're a gent and wealth of knowledge saving my bacon with my wrong info. I've amended it to stop others reading my incorrect reply 🙈
Very kind of you to say so.

My default DIBB home page is Forum Spy but in the last few days I've removed "current issues" from my view.

It's extremely sad to see discussions degenerating into school playground squabbles and not the DIBB I joined sixteen years ago.

So I simply stick to the old DIBB's raison d'etre - sharing experiences and information about holidays. You'll see me in car hire, driving, ESTAs, villa life and Longhorn and a few others.

Those days will return I'm sure.

Mick
Old 14 Oct 20, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Manc1979
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

All come back approved ...cheers for the info