Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Oct 20, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Bertiebear
Imagineer

Dentist today think I have an abscess.

My lower back wisdom tooth that never came through fully has a lovely white pimple type thing on it. Swelling on the inside of the mouth and it’s hurts like hell. Called dentist at 8am this morning. She called me back at 9.45 and I’m going today at 3. I’m presuming it’s an abscess I’ve never had one before. She said it’s a 10 minute appointment and they are unable to do drilling in an emergency as that has to be booked in. I’m presuming she will give me antibiotics. I’m allergic to penicillin though which is always a pain. Have to say I’m very impressed I’m getting seen so quickly and this is an NHS appointment.
Old 21 Oct 20, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Good luck hope the dentist can sort it out, very quick appointment too 😀
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 20, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
kiwiinabd
Very Serious Dibber

Good luck, I had the worst abscessed tooth you could imagine last December !

Took over two months to fix and 6 visits to the dentists each of more than an hour in the chair !

Luckily it was a fixed price to repair !

Hope you get it sorted without to much hassle !
kiwiinabd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 20, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Bertiebear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kiwiinabd View Post
Good luck, I had the worst abscessed tooth you could imagine last December !

Took over two months to fix and 6 visits to the dentists each of more than an hour in the chair !

Luckily it was a fixed price to repair !

Hope you get it sorted without to much hassle !
Oh my that sounds horrific! Fingers crossed she can sort it.
Old 21 Oct 20, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Bertiebear
Imagineer

Was very good at the Dentist. Had to wait outside the building. Once in temperature was taken then was given a disposable mask they don’t like people to use their own then to be binned on way out. Was very impressed with the process. She said I have Pericoronitis an infection associated with wisdom teeth. Given me antibiotics and said I need to really clean the area even though it will hurt and if it bleeds ignore it. Also salt water rinsing. She said I need to pay particular attention with cleaning that area from now on as the root of that tooth goes right down the my jaw so extraction isn’t advisable. Bloody hurts though!
Old 21 Oct 20, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Glad you got it sorted. I often get an infection around my wisdom tooth as it never fully erupted. I had to have a tooth extracted at the end of July and couldn’t fault the dentist - 3 appointments in total.
Hope you feel better soon. Should clear up quickly with antibiotics. 😊
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 20, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Hope you feel better asap,awful having tooth pain
nadya is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 20, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Bertiebear
Imagineer

Well it feels worse today than yesterday. Paracetamol doesn’t seem to be touching it. Only taken 3 antibiotics so far so not expecting an effect straight away. I’ve been rigorously brushing as she told me too even if it hurts or bleeds. I would seriously rather give birth than have this. Least you know and end is in sight. 😭
Old 22 Oct 20, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Libby
Imagineer

When I had an abscess co-codamol was the only thing that relieved the pain. But be careful as they can be addictive.
Libby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 20, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Bertiebear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Libby View Post
When I had an abscess co-codamol was the only thing that relieved the pain. But be careful as they can be addictive.
Thank you may try those.