Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 7 Sep 16, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Question Ellen's Energy Adventure

Do we have any insider news on the demise of Ellen's Energy Adventure and this new Guardian's ride that might replace it?
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 16, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Was just a rumour as far as I'm concerned. No official word yet.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 16, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Lesley_Perschky
Imagineer

Lesley_Perschky's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
They better not replace it, I like that ride!

DH John meeting Alice at the Grand Floridian Character Brekfast 2007.
Lesley_Perschky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 16, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
At the moment it's just a rumour. Like all the other rumours that abound. There seems to be a number of them relating to GotG.

If Disney did decide to replace EEA with a GotG-themed attraction then I'd have mixed feelings about it. I actually like EEA. Some of that is due to nostalgia admittedly. But I also like GotG and I'm a big Marvel fan. Overall, I think I'd welcome the change (change is good, right?) but also feel a little sad about the removal of all things Ellen from the parks (RIP the Writer's Stop).

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 16, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
kellsbells
Imagineer

Can they put Guardians in Orlando? It's Marvel so I thought there was some problem with licensing because of Universal. I find the comic book world totally baffling though so maybe I'm not understanding it right!

kellsbells is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 16, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
change is good, right?
I think Disney himself said of the parks that they are not museums.

Change is a big deal at Disney... nostalgia, exactly as you say. If they change Busch Gardens, it's not really a big deal. Change the Magic Kingdom and the sky just fell in.

We go there as children (if we are lucky) and we want to grow up with the rides we love. We want to show our children the rides we love, and our children's children.

However, times change and maybe the next generation needs something different?!?

Of course I don't believe a word of it

As far as I'm concerned Snow White (the film and the attraction) cannot be beaten and very young children will always love it. It contains the best of our hopes and our imaginations.

My father was moved for Ellen's EA. He marvelled at the way the attraction worked. He has since passed, and I have fond memories of the ride.

Years later my kids have grown up and they think its uber naff. So naff they want to double ride it as a form of bravery I kid you not!
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 16, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kellsbells View Post
Can they put Guardians in Orlando? It's Marvel so I thought there was some problem with licensing because of Universal. I find the comic book world totally baffling though so maybe I'm not understanding it right!
I got lost listening to podcasts and reading websites about it moons ago. Some of the sites claim the contracts prevent Disney from using the word Marvel, but they can use GotG?!?

Some still say that the cinematic universe is not part of the comic characters that Universal have the rights to?!?
Old 7 Sep 16, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post

I'd prefer Ellen to get a "Guardians of the Galaxy makeover" as opposed to Tower of Terror as in DCA.

I know the twilight zone isnt really as well known amongst younger generations, but I love the atmosphere when you walk into the "old hotel" and go down to the "boiler room"
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 16, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Originally Posted by CLB_14 View Post
I'd prefer Ellen to get a "Guardians of the Galaxy makeover" as opposed to Tower of Terror as in DCA.

I know the twilight zone isnt really as well known amongst younger generations, but I love the atmosphere when you walk into the "old hotel" and go down to the "boiler room"
WHAT... ToT is getting a makeover... please no
Old 7 Sep 16, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Forkbeard View Post
My father was moved for Ellen's EA. He marvelled at the way the attraction worked. He has since passed, and I have fond memories of the ride.
I still marvel at the way the attraction works. I remember the first time I went on the ride back in my late 20s. Back then sites like this didn't exist, and information on the internet was limited, so it was all a surprise. I was wowed by the huge screens that surrounded me, long before I went to an IMAX cinema. And I was amazed at how (SPOILERS!) the theatre split into different parts and then moved () under the screen.

Plus, it makes a change for a ride to last more than 3 minutes. A 45 minute ride is good value for money! Hence my disappointment with how short 7DMT is.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List