Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 14 Jun 24, 06:05 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
We have induction. Wish I had gas. I find it annoying. Mine can switch off easily especially if you have a few pans on the go.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 24, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
It's arriving today. I've bought a 'portable' one with two rings because that's all I need. It CAN be inset, so if it's brilliant I will have that done when I get new sink and worktops. Off to Clarks Outlet Village on Saturday to buy new pans ( hopefully at huge discount!)
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 24, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Twinkle-Dolphin
Apprentice Imagineer

Hope you love it as much as I love my induction hob.
Old 16 Jun 24, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FlorayG View Post
It's arriving today. I've bought a 'portable' one with two rings because that's all I need. It CAN be inset, so if it's brilliant I will have that done when I get new sink and worktops. Off to Clarks Outlet Village on Saturday to buy new pans ( hopefully at huge discount!)
what did you get? let me know how you get on, i'm looking for a single or double portable unit to try out (and for filming) - i'm thinking about getting one of the ones with a temperature probe to go in the pan so you can get precise cooking temps...
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 24, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
ryanlaur
Very Serious Dibber

During house renovations last year, we moved into a rental property with a 5 ring gas hob. I really disliked it - I found it not as controllable as induction. I couldn’t wait to return to our home and use induction again. So much easier to keep clean too!
ryanlaur is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 24, 07:20 AM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
I got the Ciarra two ring one because it's the most powerful and will take larger pots than a lot of others. I bought some new pans and a lovely huge wok and made a stir fry last night so fab everything heats up in 30 seconds, can get it REALLY hot for stir fry, switch it off and it's completely off and frying stops. Only used once but very impressed so far
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List