Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 19 Jul 19, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess_Mel
Very Serious Dibber

1st Time to DLRP in 12 Years...

1st time on these boards for a couple of years but I've always found it useful for DLRP info Yup - me and the hubby are going back to DLRP after 12 years lol! We usually go to WDW every year but didn't go last year, not going this year and needed to use up some DVC points - a bit of a waste but we need our Disney fix! I broke my leg and ankle in 9 places in Nov 16 in a complex spiral break... 2 weeks after an MS diagnosis! We'd already got our Feb 17 break booked to WDW so although I was wheelchair bound (non weight bearing for 4 months...) we did it...and then we moved house later that year so not really been able to head back! Given points to a few friends and another big trip planned for next year...

So my question is - what should we do while there? Staying at the DLH, Eurostar arriving 2pmish on day 1, Eurostar leaving 4.55 on day 3. Got our park hopper tickets direct from DVC when we booked (worked out almost £100 cheaper than from DLRP website!) and not fussed about character dining. I may not be able to do some rides because of my leg (ton of metal still inside and hurts when I jar it...) but hubby can Is Photopass worth it at DLRP?

Any info - greatly appreciated Mel
Old 19 Jul 19, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post

What time of year are you going? Just to help plan what special events/season might be happening to advise of the best shows etc.

Photopass I would say isn't worth it especially for such a short trip. It is only valid on certain rides and not all meet and greets have a photopass photographer. Roaming photographers are pretty rare at DLP too, so I would say don't bother. Cast members are always more than happy to take photos with your own camera/phone at meet and greets

It might be worth looking to see if you are eligible for an access pass to help with your queuing/waiting. It is not something I am an expert on but it may help make the trip more comfortable for you.

If hubby fancies some rides you can't do there are some single rider lines at DLP - currently on Crush's Coaster, RC Racer, Ratatouille, Toy Story Parachute Drop and Hyperspace Mountain.

Edited at 12:53 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess_Mel
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Stubbs86 View Post
What time of year are you going? Just to help plan what special events/season might be happening to advise of the best shows etc.

Photopass I would say isn't worth it especially for such a short trip. It is only valid on certain rides and not all meet and greets have a photopass photographer. Roaming photographers are pretty rare at DLP too, so I would say don't bother. Cast members are always more than happy to take photos with your own camera/phone at meet and greets

It might be worth looking to see if you are eligible for an access pass to help with your queuing/waiting. It is not something I am an expert on but it may help make the trip more comfortable for you.

If hubby fancies some rides you can't do there are some single rider lines at DLP - currently on Crush's Coaster, RC Racer, Ratatouille, Toy Story Parachute Drop and Hyperspace Mountain.
Thank you - Single rider is something I'm trying to encourage him to do lol! Good points on the photopass - we'll be fine with our little camera phones then I'll enquire about the access pass - thank you! I can't stand for long periods or walk very long distances now without a break or a sit down, so that might be good - thank you!

We're going 6-8 november so just missing out on christmas (gutted) but will be there for the bonfire nights?
Old 20 Jul 19, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

Definitely tell your DH to do single rider. We practically walked on Ratatouille in May but the standby was 65 mins!

If Mickey and The Magician is still playing, that is a must see. Really lovely show. We also enjoyed Philharmagic, which you’ll know from WDW.

The two arcades that run along the sides of Main Street are worth a look. Not only are they beautifully decorated, but they have various exhibits to read and look at too.

I’d also say check out Videopolis theatre. Lots of schools perform in there: singing, music, dance. My dd did it and loved every minute. A nice way to grab a rest and while away half hour or so.
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess_Mel
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Animagus View Post
Definitely tell your DH to do single rider. We practically walked on Ratatouille in May but the standby was 65 mins!

If Mickey and The Magician is still playing, that is a must see. Really lovely show. We also enjoyed Philharmagic, which you’ll know from WDW.

The two arcades that run along the sides of Main Street are worth a look. Not only are they beautifully decorated, but they have various exhibits to read and look at too.

I’d also say check out Videopolis theatre. Lots of schools perform in there: singing, music, dance. My dd did it and loved every minute. A nice way to grab a rest and while away half hour or so.
Brilliant tips - we do like to sometimes wander about and take our time if I need a slower pace for a while - so they are great ideas! Hubby is coming round to the idea of the single rider line lol - thank you for the help!