Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 26 Jul 19, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Babiesmummy
Dancing with Tink'

Im also having doubts about staying here.

Booked 5nts for Oct19 2ad 2ch (12&13yrs) in a standard room.
We are only going to Universal for 2days. It looks like EMH for IOA has been dropped, so will only benefit for 1hr early entrance to Studios.

I have found a deal on a 2bed villa at Sheraton Vistana Villages, after taking into account the cancellation fee for Endless Summer & parking, we would be saving approx £100

I cant really see much benefit of staying at Endless Summer, unless im missing something 🤔
Babiesmummy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
BriarRose
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Babiesmummy View Post
Im also having doubts about staying here.

Booked 5nts for Oct19 2ad 2ch (12&13yrs) in a standard room.
We are only going to Universal for 2days. It looks like EMH for IOA has been dropped, so will only benefit for 1hr early entrance to Studios.

I have found a deal on a 2bed villa at Sheraton Vistana Villages, after taking into account the cancellation fee for Endless Summer & parking, we would be saving approx £100

I cant really see much benefit of staying at Endless Summer, unless im missing something 🤔
I think the IOA early entry is not on just now due to the Hagrid ride. They may have reintroduced it again by the time you are there.

1998,1999,2001,2004 I Drive, 2005,2006 Pop Century, 2007 Newport Bay DLP, 2010, 2012 OKW 2013, 2014, 2015 SSR, 2016 Portofino Bay & IDrive
BriarRose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 19, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by BriarRose View Post
We are just back from 2 weeks at Surfside Inn & Suites and thought I would provide my thoughts;
First impressions were good, the design and décor is very nice and the main lobby is a very pleasant area.
We stayed in a one bed room and thought in terms of room size it was a fair size and seemed bigger than our most recent Disney stay at POR. I would agree that the storage space is not great but think that goes for every hotel room we have ever stayed in in Orlando. I guess that hotels are not designed around guests staying for 2 weeks. There was room to leave a suitcase sitting out that my husband could use for his clothes and it didn't get in the way.
Re housekeeping, beds were made every day, used towels removed and fresh towels provided. On day 7 the beds were changed. I don't know what else I would expect them to do. Certainly not move any of our stuff lying at the sink or on the desk/drawers.
We only bought from the café on our first night, the food was tasty and two of the items were ready to be served (didn't seem to have been sitting around for a while) and one item was made fresh.
The Starbucks was a nice addition and used a few times by us (it's open from 7am - 11pm I think)
Pool - I didn't actually use the pool, we aren't big pool users. My husband agreed the pool was very shallow, didn't bother him as he was just sitting in the pool watching the kids, he felt parents might feel more at ease with their kids using the pool due to the depth. There were also at least 2 lifeguard at all times.
Pool Bar - used by DH, he sat with a drink at night while we were getting ready, no complaints from him.
Games Room - standard based on other hotels we've used
Gym - Dh thought this was of a good standard and lots of equipment.
One thing that we thought was a bit odd was that to access International Drive you had to walk through the Parking garage which I suppose if you have young kids isn't ideal. We queried this but staff couldn't really shed any light as to why there wasn't a proper walkway.

Any other queries, I'll try and help
Thank you for your review. Sounds pretty fair for the price. As much, if not better than expected for the price
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Still very very mixed reviews, not often you see 1 star, then 5 star happening time and again. The latest one from the person saying guests were using towels to push rubbish out of the rooms doesn’t sound great, then the person above says it’s great, with a few kinks to work out.

I have already pointed out my wife is extremely picky about hotels which is another reason I cancelled, I didn’t want to risk earache if she wasn’t happy lol.

If I hadn’t been going on Saturday , I’d have kept a watching brief and maintained my booking to see how it works out. From what I can gather so far, the issues could be sorted. Cleaning seems unacceptable and it looks like they may have to change the policy on that a bit. Food looks generally poor, they need to start making it fresh. The infrastructure issues such as leaks and lifts will be sorted. Little things like opening the gate so you are not fenced in, can surely be sorted very quickly.

It strikes me that if these things are sorted, then it’s star rating will rise dramatically, as it looks OK. It looks a little more stripped down and budget than I imagined from the concept art, more from its building construction (a bit hangar ish) but for the money it looks very good still.

I think it is probably also better suited to shorter stays.

I’ll keep an eye on it and consider it in future for stays of maybe <4 days. Suspect in 6 months we won’t see many 1 star reviews. Only thing that does bother me is that it’s booked up, so from that they may think they’ve got it spot on, but bookings are not from reputation or previous guests yet and it can’t defy loads of poor reviews forever.

Good to see Briarrose’s review which certainly offers a positive view.

Edited at 08:14 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney2504
Excited about Disney

I’ve booked to stay here May 2020. It was so cheap I literally don’t care if it’s a bit ropey. I think it’s still fairly new so hopefully will iron out the issues
Old 30 Jul 19, 06:17 AM  
Link to this Post
arabella
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
Oo nice... that new Island looks fab! Looking forward to that review
My sister and her family did this cruise in April and had s fantastic time, she said she would do this again it was that good

2020, couldn't go to go Endless Summer, Universal
arabella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 19, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Eiliko
Proud to wear my Ears

Keeping a close eye on this as we are booked for 2 weeks next May! Does anyone who has been know if they have travel cots available and if these can be booked in advance?
Eiliko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 19, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I'm stil reading 5 star reviews and then 1 star- time and again, never seen anywhere so polarising. The latest 1 star is someone saying all the walls are paper thin. Then a lady bfore that from UK (thinks it had a Costa in it lol) gave it 4 stars, but says she had to go and buy her own cleaning materials and clean it and push all the rubbish and muck outside and it didnt get taken away (a few say that). As I said before looks like they have got to review this cleaning situation, but maybe aimed at US guests more on short stays.
Old 31 Jul 19, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Forest32
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We were due to stay there next August but have changed our booking to Cabana Bay today. The deal breaker for DH was the fact that the pool at Surfside is only 3ft deep and looks quite small in the pictures. CB seems to have much better facilities for families and within walking distance to Volcano Bay. I really liked the look of the rooms at Surfside but feel that for an extra £450 for 2 weeks, we’ve made the right decision for the family.
Forest32 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 19, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
debdriver
Serious Dibber

debdriver's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

We’re going in October and have also switched to cabana bay. Was really looking forward to endless summer but it seemed there were too many niggles and compromises. I would consider it again once it’s established itself but feel we’ve made the right decision for this year.