Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Sep 19, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
twogoto
Imagineer

Got through to our hotel but there accounts dept are unavailaable today and reservations couldn't tell us if it's been paid or not. Fingers crossed.

Warkman - no, the prices of flight-only are coming in at over £1K each indirect, whereas the package with the hotel was coming in at £1,800 total earlier today before the hotel became unavailable.
Sept 21 TwoGoTo Aiya Napa - Amarande Hotel
Nov 21 TwoGoTo New York - The James New York Nomad
Mar 22 TwoGoTo Orlando - Cabana Bay
Sept 22 TwoGoTo Orlando - Sapphire Falls
Nov 22 TwoGoTo Rome - 9Hotel Cesari
July 23 TwoGoTo Kos - Mitsis Summer Palace
Sept 23 TwoGoTo Orlando - Sapphire Falls
twogoto is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Not sure how much we can read into this :

mirror/news/uk-new...ilent-20145651
Just about to post same - it was shown on ITV news exiting meeting they looked very somber and refused to answer any questions. Surely if they’d agreed a deal then there would quickly have been a press conference with the news? My suspicion is it’s all over and we now wait for the middle of the night when all pushes are on the ground for an announcement.

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
twogoto
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Don't let your mobile issue stop you there are hundreds of access numbers (that are free on UK mobile packages) that allow you to call the US

A quick Google brought this one back first but there are literally hundreds of options

zipcall/international-calls/
Thanks for this, very helpful and worked like a dream.

I can't call directly from my mobile as it's a business phone and I can't lift the international bar.
twogoto is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
cupcakefairy
Imagineer

Mobile

We are suppose to be flying with them to Cali on Saturday I have my credit card on standby for new flights luckily nothing else is booked with them.

Personally if a deal had been done we would know by now hope all you lovely dibbers get sorted if it goes belly up x

cupcakefairy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
gathers54
Excited about Disney

gathers54's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Its one thing losing your holiday and waiting for the money to come back through but the companies profiteering from this are a joke. I get theres extra demand and prices go up but theyve gone up almost instantly. Pretty disgusting really

Hope TC pull through but have little faith
gathers54 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by gathers54 View Post
Its one thing losing your holiday and waiting for the money to come back through but the companies profiteering from this are a joke. I get theres extra demand and prices go up but theyve gone up almost instantly. Pretty disgusting really

Hope TC pull through but have little faith
You can't blame them, there is a demand and they have a scarce product. It's what anyone would do
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Rachhh View Post
I’m in the banking industry, some of my clients are names who have been, or are, linked to the various iterations of the deal in some capacity, so I guess that’s where our views and opinions differ! My original point was that although £1.3billion in debt seems high, it’s not abnormal or obscenely high. It’s not the lenders at fault for giving them so much, it’s Thomas Cook’s fault for mismanagement impacting their ability to service that debt.

I’m also here as someone who’s desperately hoping her Disney flight on Saturday still goes ahead luckily the hotel have confirmed that they’ve already been paid, but I’d rather not hand over the price of a small car to BA for a replacement return flight if Thomas Cook can’t pull through!
Not blaming the banks etc, i agree it’s the lack of management at Thomas cook that’s caused this.

They should have been able to service the debt but the management is clearly inept, I’m sure all the lenders did all the due diligence!

I do hope your flight gets off ok, and all works out.
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Not belittling anyone’s holidays with TC but having worked for a company that battled for survival until the rug was pulled out from under its feet by creditors, the ‘waiting’ and uncertainty is crippling for the employees. It’s a horrible horrible situation to be in and my heart goes out to them all, as well of course to everyone either on holiday, or waiting to. Still hoping for some financial miracle.
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
darsch1982
Imagineer

Mobile

It's another over all the people loosing there jobs my friend works for them and she is worried sick. You can get your holiday money back she may not get payed for the month and won't be able to pay her bills or have a job
darsch1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
twogoto
Imagineer

BBC news now - saying it seems less and less likely as there are too many factors on the table to consider now but will be determined at board meeting tonight. Not looking good.

On the plus side (maybe) I've had an email from our hotel (Avanti) to say our reservation is 'active and in good standing' and they do not expect or know of any unforeseen concerns with any billing.

Waiting for further clarification but perhaps our booking is already paid and we only need worry about flights with 2-3 days notice.