Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 Sep 19, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
LIZH
Imagineer

2nd time we have flown TC personally I think better than Virgin in legroom and all around space, food ok only downside is the entertainment is not great but as virgin were £150 more expensive I can do with out the films and free drinks saved well over a £1000 for the eight of us.
LIZH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
mikeclark007
Serious Dibber

mikeclark007's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by LIZH View Post
2nd time we have flown TC personally I think better than Virgin in legroom and all around space, food ok only downside is the entertainment is not great but as virgin were £150 more expensive I can do with out the films and free drinks saved well over a £1000 for the eight of us.
That’s exactly my thoughts when weighing one up against the other.
mikeclark007 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Dawnfletch
slightly serious Dibber

Dawnfletch's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We went with TC in 2008 we went in premium seats and they was very good. We have booked with TC for next year flying to Las Vegas. But staying in economy seats this time. We have booked row 15 which looks like has plenty of room in front of us. We couldn't justify paying £600 for free drinks & a bit more room in the seats.

Edited at 08:52 AM.
Dawnfletch is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
shimmers
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

I see they are in last minute rescue talks with decision due 30th sept. We are due to fly on 3rd October. I take it if they cannot agree a rescue deal then flights in October would be immediately affected? Would it be likely our flights would be cancelled?
shimmers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
cupcakefairy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by shimmers View Post
I see they are in last minute rescue talks with decision due 30th sept. We are due to fly on 3rd October. I take it if they cannot agree a rescue deal then flights in October would be immediately affected? Would it be likely our flights would be cancelled?
It’s not looking great

cupcakefairy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 12:32 AM  
Link to this Post
shimmers
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Yes. I found the other thomas cook chat in Florida section so following it all there. Very sad.
shimmers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

Unfortunately they have gone under.

Got to feel for the employees and all of the customers who now have to go through all of the process of getting their money back if possible.

Good luck to everyone.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Gutted to lose our TC flights for next August/September. Have booked with BA now for £100 more but we had PE return with TC and exit row out and now just gave standard economy seats. Feel lucky though that we had plenty of time to sort it our unlike others.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
charleion
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Danisleigh you've been very lucky, I can't get anywhere near what we paid with TC, ours are coming out over 1k more 😢
Old 24 Sep 19, 05:30 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by charleion View Post
Danisleigh you've been very lucky, I can't get anywhere near what we paid with TC, ours are coming out over 1k more 😢
When do you go? To be honest I think we could have waited and paid less as it’s still 11.5 months to go but we were keen to stick with direct and as long as it wasn’t loads more than we had paid with TC we were happy.
Fingers crossed you find something.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List