Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 18 Oct 19, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Billy Beatnik
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
So why do you keep going?
I love Orlando, but not Disney! However, my family love it.
Even as a child I hated Disney cartoons, movies etc
They always had a moral attached, such as not being mean to friends or lessons on not thieving or lying. Unlike wacky races, Tom and Jerry, Wile Coyote, Loony Tunes etc
Old 18 Oct 19, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

I went to WDW in 1995 and 1997 then left it for 21 years! I decided I wanted to go to other places. Then last year I returned to WDW and it was amazing - I even had a new park to visit as Animal Kingdom was still being built on my previous visit. I went again this year and again it was fantastic, though I preferred POFQ last year to Beach Club this year. Next year I'm going again, back to POFQ and I can't wait! But I suspect that may well be my last visit as I don't want to get bored.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
We go every 3 or 4 years and each time it is a magical as the first time - yes 100% its expensive in which case don't go there do something else that's less expensive, it is after all your money to spend as you like. No point moaning that its getting more and more expensive, just done go. Where else can you go and see adults acting like big kids and loving it? No one is forcing the to spend their hard earned money.
When we walked round Batu & Pandora area's a couple of weeks ago, I said to DH you can see why its expensive every detail of everything is amazing.
No its probably not the dream Walt had for the place but it is a dream come true for some people and worth every penny spent when you see those children's faces.
Not just children's faces. My friends and work colleagues have seen photos of my trip last month (photopass, yay! ) and they said I was sparkling - they could see the pleasure and enjoyment in my face and that can't be forced. They made similar comments about last year's photos too
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Billy Beatnik View Post
I love Orlando, but not Disney! However, my family love it.
Even as a child I hated Disney cartoons, movies etc
They always had a moral attached, such as not being mean to friends or lessons on not thieving or lying. Unlike wacky races, Tom and Jerry, Wile Coyote, Loony Tunes etc
Tell them you'd like to go to Orlando without going to Disney one year and if they refuse, tell them to go to Disney on their own and you go to another part of Orlando on your own. Or simply go somewhere totally different. There's no need to be a martyr.

Edited at 07:52 PM.
Old 18 Oct 19, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Buzz n' Piglet
Imagineer

Mobile

UK guests are what, 2% of WDW's annual visitors or something like that?

It's not designed for us. It's designed for US visitors that go for 3 or 4 days, and spend all their time on Disney property.

We already get an advantage in getting a 14 day ultimate ticket for what we do. The tickets for US guests for that length of time would be around double the price. A 10 day plus ticket (basically like an ultimate ticket but for 4 days less) is £550 for next year, so more money for less than we Brits pay.

The fact we all go for, in general, at least 2 weeks means out spends are way more as well. The average american family has way less vacation time than we do. It is geared up for getting as much from US visitors as possible.

We still love it. Its vastly different from when we first went, but need to adapt to the times.
Buzz n' Piglet is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
tink66
Apprentice Imagineer

So disappointed with Disney. Queues, food, service not good. Universal much, much better with Busch Gardens definitely the best. Really don't think we will be going again, feel really let down.
tink66 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazascouser
Apprentice Imagineer

Mazascouser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I agree it is now expensive for us Brits, but you have to take into account the £ rate to the $. We went in September stayed on site with the qsdp and found the food to be varied and very good customer service. Disney is a business and have share holders to answer to. The world is a big place and there are other places to visit, expand your horizons.
Mazascouser is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Brits attendance has been dropping since 2016
Funnily enough that’s sort of when term time fines came in , brexit was being talked about, people were losing jobs . It’s all relevant . Disney is a luxury holiday for most . This forum certainly distorts the real world where people just can not justify £10k on a family holiday .

Us visitors pay a lot more for passes yet they still go in their droves, as said Disney must be doing something right . Read on here , the parks at the moment aren’t exactly empty .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
ShamuLvr
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by jessandjon2005 View Post
Its not just Disney, but universal seem to be bucking the trend also.

I don't know if any of you went to HHN recently this year, but it was diabolical.

£800 we paid for 2 FF tickets and the scare zones were a joke and practically non-existent.

More money, higher prices, offering less and less every year and more than likely having meetings about how can we do a HHN for as little money as possible.
And as for that show...….Academy of Villains, whats that all about?

Inexperienced dancers that cant even dance in time with each other and a show that made no sense whatsoever, again cheap entertainment.
It was like watching an audition of BGT, but worse

I know we are all entitled to our own opinion, but when Americans love it and back it all the way, all this is going to do is encourage Universal to keep getting away with it and trying the same thing.

How long have we put up with chainsaws in Krustyland now, year in year out, its not even scary anymore and getting very tedious.

I could keep going as I can think of several more, but one I cannot be bothered as it wont change anything and secondly I just wont be giving them my money anymore which is why is nearly told a Universal staff member where to go when he tried to stop me and ask my feedback as I left, because they don't/wont listen anyway so whats the point?
Where did you get your tickets from? I paid £89 for my FF passes direct from the Universal website.

I have to disagree with everything you said about HHN. This year was one of the best and there was plenty on offer. The scare zones are in exactly the same places they have been for years, so not sure why you thought they were practically non existent? As for Academy of Villains, it had everything with good story line, great music and dancing. Did you watch Marathon of Mayhem? That was well worth a watch.

Why did you not tell the Universal guy how you felt? That's what he was there for and the survey he asked you complete.
ShamuLvr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Pinchy
Imagineer

Value for money WDW is by far the best deal of our holidays. If you compare it with a caravan by the sea it's expensive but not like for like. Far better value than DLP as well.
Pinchy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List