Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Mar 20, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Great refund service from Premier Inn!

We are in the process of cancelling our USA vacation and being DIY, we have a fair amount of admin to do.

One thing we had written off in our heads were a number of Premier Inn bookings that were at the non flex rate and thus unrefundable...

2 rooms in Salisbury
2 rooms at Chertsey
2 rooms at LHR going out.
1 room at LHR coming home.

Following an email tonight, I was able to cancel all 7 rooms with full refunds despite terms and conditions to the contrary.

Great service, Premier Inn and you now have a very loyal customer. (You already did anyway). It’s what a company does when things go wrong that is more important than when things go as planned.
I am watching things very carefully in the coming weeks and this will impact on who I buy/book things from in the future. Several very major players have been struck from my ‘approved list’ including one fronted by a tax exile with a beard.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 09:22 AM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 20, 12:13 AM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Glad they've been so good.

That was our experience too a few years ago when we were unable to make our stay.

As you say, things like that really make you feel loyal to a brand.

I hope the rest of your admin goes well.

Edited at 12:14 AM.
tocpe321 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 20, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Gipsy 4
slightly serious Dibber

Gipsy 4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We’ve just cancelled our Easter New York trip. Still waiting for VA to cancel flights so no refund yet and the only other thing is the parking at Manchester Airport kept £7.50 for cancelling (it was in the t and c so I’m not complaining!)
Gipsy 4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 20, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Yes, I had written off six different premier Inn stays in the next few weeks as I had non-flex tickets but got the email too and was able to cancel the lot. Very happy.

This is a step up from their previous offer I had seen referenced on here about being able to shift the stays to another date.

It currently applies to stays between the 19th March and 31st May 2020.

premierinn/gb/en/covid-19.html
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 20, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

I too have had a refund didn't expect one as a non flex ticket good business move they've secured my business in the future
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 20, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
I’ve had it too, was tempted to still go and have a night away!
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 20, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I suspect I am like others and filing away for future decision making these big Companies who are looking after their customers.

All credit to Premier Inn plus all the others who are taking this stance. They will reap back the fact they have looked after their customers many time over.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 20, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

I did the same yesterday for our Easter trip to London, I just really hope the train company decide to change their rules. I can currently exchange but who knows when for, I would just like a refund. If they do lock down London I do hope they will do a full refund.
Old 19 Mar 20, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishgirl87
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve been impressed too! We had a booking next month for a wedding that has now been moved to September...I’ve amended our booking and the night in September was actually cheaper than the rate I’d already paid so they refunded the difference also! Totally wasn’t expecting that one.
scottishgirl87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 20, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Beechwood Babe
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Jakey Neverland View Post
I did the same yesterday for our Easter trip to London, I just really hope the train company decide to change their rules. I can currently exchange but who knows when for, I would just like a refund. If they do lock down London I do hope they will do a full refund.
I had two train journeys booked for April and I have just been given a full refund for both. All I had to do was log into my account and cancel through "My Bookings".
Beechwood Babe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List