Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Mar 20, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
fraser301
Apprentice Imagineer

Virgin Atlantic ticket refund query

We flew out on 10 March and were scheduled to return 26 March however once Trump initiated the UK ban I had to book an earlier flight for my wife on 17 March .I did on the 16 March receive notification that VA were cancelling our flight on 25 March

I am going to seek a refund by VA my question is it for the cost of my flight on 17 March in economy delight with extra leg room which cost around $350 dollars and 30K miles or the cost of our return flight 25 March UC out and PE return of which I paid around £980

Would be interested if during this crisis VA have issued refunds so far ?.
fraser301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 20, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Gipsy 4
slightly serious Dibber

Gipsy 4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Our outbound flight has disappeared off the schedule but the return flight is still there and says “on time” These are for Easter and not heard anything
Gipsy 4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 20, 07:12 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by Gipsy 4 View Post
Our outbound flight has disappeared off the schedule but the return flight is still there and says “on time” These are for Easter and not heard anything
Same for us. We are going from Heathrow via Atlanta and when I look at the planner our flight is cancelled a week ahead and each day they cancel another so by Saturday it will be official mine is cancelled I think even though we know that is the case as it’s disappeared from my booking!
I am then going to call up 72 hours before and ask for a refund... they say 100 days to receive it! Everyone else including Royal Caribbean have said 30 days but done it within a week so I hope it’s an exaggeration!
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 20, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
richys89
Getting to know the DIBB

Our outbound flight was cancelled on our account, can only see the return flights. I've contacted Virgin for a refund but are claiming they can't refund as US > UK flights are still operable. Not pleased to say the least, waiting for a response now.
richys89 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 20, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by richys89 View Post
Our outbound flight was cancelled on our account, can only see the return flights. I've contacted Virgin for a refund but are claiming they can't refund as US > UK flights are still operable. Not pleased to say the least, waiting for a response now.
Oh dear. I've put off calling Virgin Atlantic but I can see this is going to be an interesting conversation. Which number have you called/texted? Thanks.
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 20, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
richys89
Getting to know the DIBB

Originally Posted by Lily8 View Post
Oh dear. I've put off calling Virgin Atlantic but I can see this is going to be an interesting conversation. Which number have you called/texted? Thanks.
Hi Lily, not to worry. They got back to me and confirmed it was a mistake on their end. All flights now cancelled and full refund has been issued (up to 90 days wait!).

I used WhatsApp to message them, in fairness the response was fairly swift. I was expecting a much longer wait.
richys89 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 20, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
nth09
Apprentice Imagineer

nth09's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
That is probably the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard! Are they proposing you swim to the US so you can then get your return flight? It's one booking so therefore they need to refund.

Airlines can't have it both ways. If you don't turn up for the first flight they will cancel the return but now they're claiming the return is still live when they've cancelled the outbound.
nth09 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 20, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

That's good to know, thanks!

What's the number for contacting them via WhatsApp? Thanks again.
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 20, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
richys89
Getting to know the DIBB

Originally Posted by Lily8 View Post
That's good to know, thanks!

What's the number for contacting them via WhatsApp? Thanks again.
No worries, huge relief!

+44 344 874 7747
Old 25 Mar 20, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

No worries, huge relief!

+44 344 874 7747
That's great, I'll give this a try! It would be a big relief to get this sorted - glad you're done, hope you're equally successful with your other bookings.
Thanks