Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 Apr 20, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
ukman
slightly serious Dibber

We don't think there is a best age, as we believe any age is best, we took our kids at different age, our youngest has been around 7 months. We just came back in january of this year and our youngest who is 6 have been to florida/orlando 4 times and if wasn't for the current pandemic would have been 5 times in the summer.

Florida/orlando is our family happy day, as someone who is self employed having two weeks or more where i can put my phone down, spend complete family time is what i look forward to every year. So best age is any age.
ukman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 20, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Busyb
Helping Mickey

Mobile

We went when our son was 4 and he had a great time. The plus side to this age is that they are still young enough to go in a pram for the long walks ( I'd say up to age 7 in a pram) and then you can also use the pram to store things. We have taken him again at 9 years and he loved it more and went on more rides and he still remembered going on the same rides on the previous trip, however we had no pram so couldn't store anything and had to have a little rest if his legs got tired. So go whenever you feel but there are pros to younger and older ages.
Busyb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 20, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by ukman View Post
We don't think there is a best age, as we believe any age is best, we took our kids at different age, our youngest has been around 7 months. We just came back in january of this year and our youngest who is 6 have been to florida/orlando 4 times and if wasn't for the current pandemic would have been 5 times in the summer.

Florida/orlando is our family happy day, as someone who is self employed having two weeks or more where i can put my phone down, spend complete family time is what i look forward to every year. So best age is any age.
I can't imagine taking a 7 month old! But that's probably because mine is only 6 weeks right now 😂😭
SquishTheWhale is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 20, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Helen J View Post
Even at 9 and 10, our son still loved meeting the characters and giving them a hug or a high 5. He was fine with Minnie, Daisy or Pocahontas etc, but he wouldn't meet any of the "girly" Princesses even at the age of 5.
My son's name is Hiro so I'm kind of desperately hoping they have a Baymax meet when we go. Even if hes not into it he can humour mummy for the picture 😍
SquishTheWhale is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 20, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
saratogajan
Apprentice Imagineer

We first took our boys aged 3 and 15 months. It was fantastic. They don’t remember it but the photos are wonderful. We’ve been every year since and they still sometimes come with us (25 and 23 now). Every different age was great. We always have some pool/golfing time away from the parks and if tired just take a break. Best ages were probably 6 to 9 for them.
saratogajan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 20, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
nothingless
Very Serious Dibber

We first took our daughter at age 2 last year, which was fantastic. She loved everything, had no fear of anything yet, and was just taking it all in.

And we went for the second time this year, when she was 3,5. This was even better - she interacted with the characters a lot better and properly knew who most characters were. She just wasn't big enough for lots of rides yet though, and by now she's a bit scared of the dark so rides like Pirates and Haunted Mansion were a big nope! I reckon a future trip at 4 or 5 might be even more amazing!

If you're only going once or twice, anywhere between ages 6-9 would be fantastic I think! And don't let the long flight put you off - I know every child is different but if you're prepared and have plenty of toys/coloring/etc with you, they're usually fine!
nothingless is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 20, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by nothingless View Post
We first took our daughter at age 2 last year, which was fantastic. She loved everything, had no fear of anything yet, and was just taking it all in.

And we went for the second time this year, when she was 3,5. This was even better - she interacted with the characters a lot better and properly knew who most characters were. She just wasn't big enough for lots of rides yet though, and by now she's a bit scared of the dark so rides like Pirates and Haunted Mansion were a big nope! I reckon a future trip at 4 or 5 might be even more amazing!

If you're only going once or twice, anywhere between ages 6-9 would be fantastic I think! And don't let the long flight put you off - I know every child is different but if you're prepared and have plenty of toys/coloring/etc with you, they're usually fine!
I'd be more worried about the immigration queue than the flight! Took us 2hrs last time and kiddo would be tired by then. Maybe we'll have to save up and fly PE as that time we whizzed through in 5 mins lol.

Do you manage to ride any of the big rides using baby swap or do you not bother?
Old 6 Apr 20, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
ELLENUT
Imagineer

Mine were 4 & 7 - good ages I think for first visit.
1992: Days Inn Lakeside 1994:HOliday inn Maingate East 2006:Pop Century 2008:Saratoga Villas 2010:Regal oaks 2013:Indian Ridge Villa 2015:BA Club,Disney,POR,Villa, RPR,2016 United business, Sunset Ridge villa 2019: Virgin, 4 Corners Villa 2023: CSR & 4 Corners Villa again!
ELLENUT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 20, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
looloomoomoo
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 37
Guidebook Reviews: 5
Our daughter was 6 and son was 10 when we first went. It was so magical and they can remember it and they were old enough to appreciate how fantastic it was. That said we have had several trips back and every year has been fantastic.

looloomoomoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 20, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Grumps Mrs
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We took DD and DS at 12 and 10, it was fab!
Fast forward to the arrival of DGS and we took him for his 1st visit at 15 months - also amazing although at a completely different pace. His reactions to the characters varied from unsure on Day 1 to wanting to take Minnie for a walk on Day 3.
We are hopefully taking him for his 3rd visit in October - he'll be 3 and is already talking about when he can next see his friend Mickey ( he doesn't actually know we're booked yet though)
Grumps Mrs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List