Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 May 20, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Unicorn13x
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We are Econ delight party of three but the A330 econ delight seats are sets of two with one row that is a row of 4 seats 😑
Unicorn13x is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 20, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

Mobile

What you need to remember is that before the 747 retirements, the A330s were being used on other routes and sporadically to fill in during quieter times for the 747. They can't stretch 10 A330-300s and 4 A330-200s to cover what they were already doing plus the routes of the 747s as it logistically wouldn't be possible so there will be some cuts in services.

I would wait to see how many direct flights virgin offer from LHR and MAN, this will be an indication of how things will be be...the 747s flew a lot of routes for LGW and MAN, so its possible that the number of flights will be reduced and replaced with indirect options via JFK & ATL. If this is the case then Glasgow & Belfast may need to wait a while to make a comeback once fleet is bulked up again by delayed A350s and the XWBs in 2022
Old 8 May 20, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Emmymouse
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by toots82 View Post
Ugh I totally know its petty and selfish given the current situation but I wish they'd had a clue before they dropped this. I'm not good with being out of control... or patient.
Totally agree.

I'm deeply upset for those that have lost their jobs, and their uncertainty is so much more significant than mine!

But...I feel like everything is out of control at the moment! I don't know where I'm flying from, if I'm even going on the holiday I've had planned for over a year, if Disney will be open...nobody knows anything and it's so difficult I'm a key worker and it feels like my "comfort space" of looking forward to September has disappeared completely.
WDW/Coronado Springs - 24th September 2020 - 1st October 2020.
Emmymouse is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 20, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by thatdavieguy View Post
What you need to remember is that before the 747 retirements, the A330s were being used on other routes and sporadically to fill in during quieter times for the 747. They can't stretch 10 A330-300s and 4 A330-200s to cover what they were already doing plus the routes of the 747s as it logistically wouldn't be possible so there will be some cuts in services.

I would wait to see how many direct flights virgin offer from LHR and MAN, this will be an indication of how things will be be...the 747s flew a lot of routes for LGW and MAN, so its possible that the number of flights will be reduced and replaced with indirect options via JFK & ATL. If this is the case then Glasgow & Belfast may need to wait a while to make a comeback once fleet is bulked up again by delayed A350s and the XWBs in 2022
I really appreciate your posts. You're calm and reasonable. I'm a babbling nightmare and honestly a lot of the logistics are lost on me. I'm a flapper. This is the first time weve gone indirect and I've organised it myself and it's gone wrong. I was hoping to maybe get moved on to a glasgow flight but now nobody knows what's going on. I understand why but cant get the fact that they made this announcement whilst they had no answers for anyone. Anyway I need calm and logical just now so thank you... I'll still flap away but I am grateful for your knowledge and understanding.
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 20, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I'm the same its devastating for so many. I feel sad that the call centre staff will have to pick up the pieces here. Honestly I called them at 9.49 and was on the phone for 51 minutes to upgrade my outbound. Paid taxes etc then what 2 hours later this was everywhere. Not their fault at all but frustrating none the less! Especially as we will now probably get bumped from PE as it was a miles upgrade.

Also thank you for supporting our country. I'm furloughed but waiting on being approved for the nurse bank as a support worker which is what I used to do. Hoping to lend a hand myself soon.

Originally Posted by Emmymouse View Post
Totally agree.

I'm deeply upset for those that have lost their jobs, and their uncertainty is so much more significant than mine!

But...I feel like everything is out of control at the moment! I don't know where I'm flying from, if I'm even going on the holiday I've had planned for over a year, if Disney will be open...nobody knows anything and it's so difficult I'm a key worker and it feels like my "comfort space" of looking forward to September has disappeared completely.
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 20, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by macgasbp View Post
As Glasgow was only a seasonal flight schedule I would imagine this will continue however with the announcement the 747 will no longer be in service Virgin will use the A330-300 which has fewer seating captivity than the 747 so we may see additional flights if the demand is high
Hope you meant capacity and not captivity 😂 (but know what you mean)
Old 8 May 20, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by toots82 View Post
I really appreciate your posts. You're calm and reasonable. I'm a babbling nightmare and honestly a lot of the logistics are lost on me. I'm a flapper. This is the first time weve gone indirect and I've organised it myself and it's gone wrong. I was hoping to maybe get moved on to a glasgow flight but now nobody knows what's going on. I understand why but cant get the fact that they made this announcement whilst they had no answers for anyone. Anyway I need calm and logical just now so thank you... I'll still flap away but I am grateful for your knowledge and understanding.
Its the first time we've booked direct, every other time we've gone with BA and this year we thought we would pay more for direct from Glasgow and went for virgin over TUI because we felt more reassured that if anything went wrong it would be well handled, its been the opposite as we're 3 weeks away from our departure date and not a peep from Virgin and its pretty disappointing based on their brand image when we could have paid similar from TUI or less with BA and been sorted by now. I'm far from calm but working in logistics I have an understanding of how this all works but their lack of communication is shocking, everything should have been in black and white for staff and passengers who've paid massive amounts to their company.
Old 8 May 20, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Its the first time we've booked direct, every other time we've gone with BA and this year we thought we would pay more for direct from Glasgow and went for virgin over TUI because we felt more reassured that if anything went wrong it would be well handled, its been the opposite as we're 3 weeks away from our departure date and not a peep from Virgin and its pretty disappointing based on their brand image when we could have paid similar from TUI or less with BA and been sorted by now. I'm far from calm but working in logistics I have an understanding of how this all works but their lack of communication is shocking, everything should have been in black and white for staff and passengers who've paid massive amounts to their company.
Really hope you get sorted soon. It's an absolute nightmare. You're so right. Black and white facts all round would be far better!
Old 8 May 20, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by will1888 View Post
My optimistic view on the upper class seats only being available is they are planning on still flying from glasgow to orlando but using the A330-200 aircraft now instead of the original 747.

The A330 has more upper class seats than the 747 - They can still sell these seats as it was impossible to have oversold these seats for their new aircraft choice compared to the 747.

Premium & Economy seat numbers are a lot lower on the A330 compared to the 747 so they have withdrawn these from sale at the moment until they update their system and confirm the number of seats oversold/still available in each of these classes

Cant find exact number of seats in each class for each aircraft to confirm this, but as I said this is my optimistic opinion
The A330-200 have 19J and 271Y for 290 seats
or 19J, 35W and 212Y for 266 seats
The 747's have 14J,60W and 375Y for 449 seats

So that's a seat reduction of either 183 or 159 seats per flight.

The A330-300 have 31J, 48W and 185Y making a seat count of 264.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR

Edited at 09:27 PM.
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 20, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
JayPR
Apprentice Imagineer

TUI would have been no different to Virgin when it comes to getting things sorted.In my experience TUI have one of if not the worst after sales service.Fine when everythings okay,but if not,generally useless
JayPR is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List