Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 6 Aug 20, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
simmofamily
Imagineer

Deep Drawers on Island

What do you all put in your Island Drawers?
Starting to clean the dust from out of the drawers and cupboards in preparation for the kitchen being finally finished.
There is light at the end of the tunnel
So now wondering plates or saucepans?
Any fantastic photos out there?
Old 6 Aug 20, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Pans in bottom one , plates bowls etc in top one
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Island top drawer has cutlery and some utensils in (not deep)
Middle drawer (deep) dinner plates
Bottom drawer (deep) has side plates and bowls in

Pans are in another deep drawer beside the cooker

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
simmofamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by floridasgirl View Post
Pans in bottom one , plates bowls etc in top one
I was thinking of putting plates etc in second drawer down but worried that they may be too heavy
I know I see plenty of photos online with them but it's all new to me these large drawers
Do you have any "organisers" inside your drawers and if so where from.
Looking to get everything before I load it all in and then see some good ideas and have to start again.
Cutlery at the present is going in the top drawer. Can't really get that wrong
Old 6 Aug 20, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
ncmurray
Imagineer

I think it would be a waste of space to use those wide deep drawers for plates. You will fit a lot of pots and pans in them imho.

I would post photos if I could, but for some reason I can't.
Old 6 Aug 20, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
simmofamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ncmurray View Post
I think it would be a waste of space to use those wide deep drawers for plates. You will fit a lot of pots and pans in them imho.

I would post photos if I could, but for some reason I can't.
That would be great if you could
All my cutlery is in now. I'm rewashing everything as it's all been in the conservatory for 2 months now and that place needs a good bottoming as we haven't been able to clean properly due to all the boxes etc. You wouldn't believe the dead flies It gets so hot in there.
Think I'm going with pans in the bottom and plates etc in the middle but may have to use other cupboards for some of the crockery.
I shall hopefully post some finished photos next week... if the fitter comes back
Old 6 Aug 20, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

I had cutlery, utensils in top shallow drawer, crockery in middle and pans in bottom. I bought stacker things from IKEA to sit different sizes in as lots cheaper than the ones that could be bought from the kitchen supplier. I’m planning no low cupboards in our new kitchen - all drawers so plastic stuff, serving dishes etc and baking tins will all be easy to get to as well. Will only have foodstuffs, mugs and glasses in cupboards at waist to high level. Good luck sorting it all😉 part of me is dreading it but part loving the idea of a good sort out!
Old 6 Aug 20, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
simmofamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by parisdisneyfan View Post
I had cutlery, utensils in top shallow drawer, crockery in middle and pans in bottom. I bought stacker things from IKEA to sit different sizes in as lots cheaper than the ones that could be bought from the kitchen supplier. I’m planning no low cupboards in our new kitchen - all drawers so plastic stuff, serving dishes etc and baking tins will all be easy to get to as well. Will only have foodstuffs, mugs and glasses in cupboards at waist to high level. Good luck sorting it all😉 part of me is dreading it but part loving the idea of a good sort out!
I have slimline wall and floor cupboards on one wall. Think all the food tins/packets and plastic containers will go in those.
Just put the plates in the second drawer with cutlery in the top drawer. Some pans and frying pans have gone into the bottom drawer.
Still working out what to do with baking trays, mugs and glasses etc
Old 7 Aug 20, 12:25 AM  
Link to this Post
ncmurray
Imagineer

a narrow cupboard is handy for baking trays, pizza stones, cutting boards etc. You can stack them upright