Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Aug 20, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Puddle5
Apprentice Imagineer

Puddle5's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We bought Denby Regency Green crockery when we redid our kitchen 2 years ago. We bought the main Items and I am gradually buying other bits. I absolutely love it. It is so resilient and after years of cheap crockery love setting my table with it. The green and white looks striking.

I can see why people will want to buy it if you put it up for sale!
Puddle5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by caj View Post
I've also got the denny dividing dishes ... they are a pain to store! My cupboard of doom had several big bowls, each tells a story .. and none of them stack nicely!
I am so happy to read I am not the only person to have a cupboard of doom! 😂
Old 16 Aug 20, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Cherrypie
Imagineer

Mobile

Love our Denby and use it every day. If I break something we replace from the outlet store - I have linen. If you go to the actual Denby factory shop They have a big section of discontinued stock - some of the older pieces too.

The most magical place on earth
Cherrypie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
We have also used ours every day. Not all of it but the plates, soup bowls, pasta bowls (these are a fab size), mugs etc are used every day. I also have those divided serving dishes which are hard to stack!

Why would you have them and not use them?

These are mine, sometimes I think I should have chosen a more ‘grown up’ pattern, But on reflection I don’t think I’m all that grown up yet and I like colourful things.

Edited at 05:46 PM.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Well after the replies on here I’ve decided to keep my remaining Denby set (Colonial Blue), ditch the chipped cheapy white set and add to my collection instead! As most of my set was received as wedding gifts, I think it would’ve been too heart-wrenching to part with. Luckily I still have 8 dinner plates, found some more tea plates but need more. Would love to find pasta bowls, divided serving dishes and tea cups (we used to have them but all broke over the years, although we still have the coffee cups). I definitely think we must be a clumsy family with the amount of things missing! Thanks everyone, and I’ve really enjoyed seeing everyone’s Denby designs! 👍 I’m off to EBay & other sites to hunt for the pieces I need!
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
Seems we all got Denby as wedding gifts around 20 years ago! Mine is 23 years old, Metz I think it was called, we have them shoved in a cupboard. I am currently using their ‘always entertaining blue edit’ coupe plates, and love them! Funny how trends come and go... I have some huge white ones from the every day range too, but they dont fit the dishwasher so also got shoved in the cupboard of doom...

I still use the divided serving dishes, they are great. Its nice to reminisce here thanks dibbers!
Cupboard of Doom, I love that!
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

Originally Posted by Cherrypie View Post
Love our Denby and use it every day. If I break something we replace from the outlet store - I have linen. If you go to the actual Denby factory shop They have a big section of discontinued stock - some of the older pieces too.
We have the linen as an every day set as well. It’s served us well.

DS has the Azure Coast.
BarryandCaron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by Michyloulou View Post
Well after the replies on here I’ve decided to keep my remaining Denby set (Colonial Blue), ditch the chipped cheapy white set and add to my collection instead! As most of my set was received as wedding gifts, I think it would’ve been too heart-wrenching to part with. Luckily I still have 8 dinner plates, found some more tea plates but need more. Would love to find pasta bowls, divided serving dishes and tea cups (we used to have them but all broke over the years, although we still have the coffee cups). I definitely think we must be a clumsy family with the amount of things missing! Thanks everyone, and I’ve really enjoyed seeing everyone’s Denby designs! 👍 I’m off to EBay & other sites to hunt for the pieces I need!
I think that’s great. Better to use the wedding gift rather than a cheapy set.

I’ve recently started using (and chipping) all my wedding crystal. It was ‘safe’ in a cupboard for 20 years and only came out at Xmas. Since we moved we’ve used it frequently and yes some has chipped but I’d rather be using it and some getting chipped rather than having it just sat in a cupboard.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

I have the Denby Jet range and it has been great. I’ve had it for years now (About 15 or so) and so far have never broken a single item - not bad considering we have had a tiled floor and 5 kids! I debated changing all of mine recently, just for a new colour as I’m a bit bored of the black and white, but I can’t face buying so much again and I have absolutely no reason to, other than on a whim.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
:)

I have a complete set of my mum’s Denny Arabesque that I remember using most days as a child.

I also have a complete Wedgwood dinner service and a set of 6 each vintage Waterford Crystal red & white wine glasses, champagne, sherry, whisky and brandy glasses. Plus a load of glass animals from the 1950’s

Edited at 10:25 PM.
TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List